Predict the date: "Toilet Paper is Readily Available"

MrTop

EOG Master
It's not giving me that option. It's forcing me down some Amazon Fresh track that puts me in that same BS loop where I can't move forward without selecting a delivery time; and only gives click-boxes for unavailable delivery times.

Maybe you're better at navigating their site -- which is easily possible -- but, if you haven't already, try actually ordering a small quantity and see how that goes. It's showing it as available, all the way through -- until it slaps a max 3 package limit on the order and then puts me in that delivery-time loop where you can't finish placing the order.

are you spending the minimum $35?

Yeah, I got to the delivery window, with 3 days only, all unavailable. Believe I was spending more than 35, was spending as much as they would allow me to spend, but will check for that if I try again. Never gave me any error message that that was a problem.

Meanwhile, after having been away from my computer for a while, it now tells me that that supplier no longer has the product. And I have to start all over again, won't even let me go back to my cart.

That all constitutes -- functionally -- unavailability to me, a willing buyer given a maze to go through with no productive result. And I'm not furloughed home, I'm teleworking at home, so it's not like I have an unlimited amount of time, including here even on a Sunday, to keep playing games with Amazon.

Like I say, this is repeated now, in one fashion or another, as you try to engage in commerce, as there are all kinds of interruptions in the process as they send people home or have full-on outbreaks somewhere in the just-in-time inventory chain that we operated under prior to this pandemic.

Would be a bit more honest for Amazon to just say "look, we can't get this product to you" rather than trying to give the appearance of availability.

But you'll see that all over the internet now, like with bullion dealers offering bullion for "pre-sale" with an extended possible shipping date. In other words, they don't have the product now and have no idea when they'll be able to get it, but they want to snag you and take your money while you have them up on your screen.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
A couple of hours ago Walmart had 12 pack rolls of toilet paper. They had them on a pallet with an employee giving out one package each to customers..

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
I would have gone to a Walmart first here in Virginia Beach, but wanted to escape the coughing that I hear there and it's easier to social distance at the smaller type stores. Even today, I hear coughing a woman almost runs in my cart she's in such a hurry. In normal times Walmart is my go to first.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
Those Asians are good small business people.. At least from my experience in the workplace years ago in big cities!
I was shocked at the prices for tissues at CVS.. They only had a couple of packages ("organic"..what the hell is that). Never going in that store again.. I think they are now hooked up with Target in some places, but this was a seperate CVS.

Those Asians are good small business people.. At least from my experience in the workplace years ago in big cities!

My buddy and I were talking about it and we think their culture might be a lot more respectful towards others when it comes to hoarding

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
Trust me on this one

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to go check a couple out tomorrow.

I live in the far NW valley so it looks like the closest one to me is the Lee Lee at 75th Ave / Cactus. Another one called Asiana Market or something like that on 43rd Ave / Union Hills. I'll go check those out tomorrow and report back.

blueline

EOG Master
Suburban. Chicago walmart last nite...not full shelves but 4packs 12 packs...think I saw 24 packs were all available including Scott brand

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
Thanks for the tip. I'm going to go check a couple out tomorrow.

I live in the far NW valley so it looks like the closest one to me is the Lee Lee at 75th Ave / Cactus. Another one called Asiana Market or something like that on 43rd Ave / Union Hills. I'll go check those out tomorrow and report back.

No toilet paper at either of these stores. But it didn't look like they would normally carry it. These were large stores similar to the size of a normal grocery store. But it didn't look like either had any aisles that are/were dedicated to paper products like TP and facial tissue. These are definitely the place to go for rice though. They might be out at regular grocery stores but these places have a shit ton of rice.

Did pick up an 8 pack of Angel Soft at Fry's by my house though.

Good call on the Asian grocers . . . stopped in at my neighborhood Korean grocery, which I do shop at on occasion for sundry things, such as grains in particular.

They had beaucoup things on the shelves and in their, e.g., meat freezers. I was so downright shamed by the abundance and lack of frantically panicked shoppers that I . . . actually bought only what I reasonably might need in the foreseeable future!!!!!

They don't normally stock toilet paper, either. But by the door they had individual rolls for sale with a limit of 10 per customer. Not brand name, something you'd use probably last, but better than paper towels, Sears catalogs (I laughed when my dad said that, haven't seen one of those in decades . . . .), etc.

Meanwhile, however, the neighborhood XO Liquor Store next door had been closed. Last time I was there we were talking about the place possibly being exempt from the shutdown order because they were more like a convenience store (with a boatload of liquor). But, for one reason or another, no more. And they were a great source for big -- unlimited -- batches of bottled water in shrink-wrapped 6-packs of gallon bottles.

This is why people clear things out to bare shelves. You just don't know what's going to still be available tomorrow or the next day. And there's a risk every time you go out to get things.

No toilet paper at either of these stores. But it didn't look like they would normally carry it. These were large stores similar to the size of a normal grocery store. But it didn't look like either had any aisles that are/were dedicated to paper products like TP and facial tissue. These are definitely the place to go for rice though. They might be out at regular grocery stores but these places have a shit ton of rice.

Did pick up an 8 pack of Angel Soft at Fry's by my house though.

Sorry about that Diablo-there are 2 Asian markets in the east valley on Dobson that had all the TP and other essentials a guy could want.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
Sorry about that Diablo-there are 2 Asian markets in the east valley on Dobson that had all the TP and other essentials a guy could want.

No problem. And still a great tip. I know where to go if or when I ever need any.

I'm actually good right now for awhile. So I was basically looking for other family members that need it. You know, the type that procrastinate with everything and then ask you for help because they know you are responsible and prepared.