Predict the FINAL NUMBER of confirmed Coronavirus cases/deaths in the U.S. (Predictions ONLY)

mr merlin

EOG Master

This Socal er doc explains why shelter in place is a terrible idea.
For 2 months they told people masks were unnecessary and even dangerous...wrong, then they said to stay inside - now it turns out outside is way better. Why should anyone listen to them on anything?

Bigrunner

EOG Master
I thought I would be way over. Now it looks like I'll be way under.

Many didn't take this pandemic threat seriously. Especially the right wing science deniers and CNN and MSNBC haters.

Don't forget to take your Hydrochlorquine pills along with your chewable Clorox tablets.
- Sean Hannity, Fox News, and Donald Trump

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Many didn't take this pandemic threat seriously. Especially the right wing science deniers and CNN and MSNBC haters.

Don't forget to take your Hydrochlorquine pills along with your chewable Clorox tablets.

Chewable Clorox tablets, funny.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
FW had the lead for 15 days, JK now up, summer should slow, I will guess JK to hold lead for 45 to 90 days. Probably will only post standings once a week since no position changes for a while. Changed bottom 5 to "Unl", unlikely

1587966367345.png

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Far easier to take shots from the cheap seats, can't be wrong that way. This is what you do best.

mr merlin

EOG Master
With testing ramping up to huge levels - this week it'll be 300k /day, new cases should remain very high - that 2 million case threshold will come up fast.

alfie

EOG Dedicated

yea , you and the dems had this figured out in january......all the dems were screaming cancel the superbowl and madi gras....right...

you're a scum bag monday morning qb....always after the fact you got the answers.......loser......

Bigrunner

EOG Master
yea , you and the dems had this figured out in january......all the dems were screaming cancel the superbowl and madi gras....right...

you're a scum bag monday morning qb....always after the fact you got the answers.......loser......

Trump now suing to prevent Mike Cohen from releasing tell all book.

Trump suing to prevent Duetsch Bank from releasing family financial records and loan details subpoena by Congress.

Trump suing to prevent release of the unredacted Mueller report to Congress.

"Where are the Russians". "No Collusion". "North Korea denuclearizee".
- Dumb Alfie

Valuist

EOG Master

The only thing they said was that Trump was a "racist" for cancelling China related flights.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
The only thing they said was that Trump was a "racist" for cancelling China related flights.

The only people he stop from flying into America were Chinese Nationalist. 50,000 people still flew in from China after the bigoted travel restrictions were put in place. Also at that time, even 2 weeks prior, all major airlines already stop flights to and from China.

Valuist, now you tell us about Trump's European travel ban that excluded countries where Trump had golf resorts.

Valuist

EOG Master
The only people he stop from flying into America were Chinese Nationalist. 50,000 people still flew in from China after the bigoted travel restrictions were put in place. Also at that time, even 2 weeks prior, all major airlines already stop flights to and from China.

Valuist, now you tell us about Trump's European travel ban that excluded countries where Trump had golf resorts.

He added the Ireland and UK a couple days later. What is the relevance of the golf resorts? Who's going to play golf in the UK or Ireland in March when they have a residence in South Florida? Makes no sense.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Good point about the secondary effects of COVID-19.

Fear/worry is one of the effects.

Suicide, alcoholism and domestic abuse are other issues.

Why are we still "quarantining" the healthy?

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The last pandemic (H1N1) lasted approximately 16 months when the World Health Organization declared an end to the world pandemic on August 10, 2010.

The last pandemic (H1N1) lasted approximately 16 months when the World Health Organization declared an end to the world pandemic on August 10, 2010.

Geez, that would have been "maybe a good point for me to research before making my wager," lol.

Although it's not quite like there was a lot to be gained for the time in this particular contest. But I'd have felt real effing savvy knowing that.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
As the line goes from I Robot, "that, detective, is the right question."

Brings to mind the Latin phrase: "cui bono?"

Who stands to gain?

Square, do you speak Latin or any foreign languages?

I'm still mad at my high school counselor for suggesting I take French 101 back in the late 1970's.

Ugh.

Spanish or Latin would have been the way to go.

Though, the smart language choice today, I understand, is Mandarin.

Last edited:
Who stands to gain?

Square, do you speak Latin or any foreign languages?

I'm still mad at my high school counselor for suggesting I take French 101 back in the late 1970's.

Ugh.

Spanish or Latin would have been the way to go.

Though, today the smart language choice, I understand, is Mandarin.

"Speak" would be a bit of an overstatement, in any of those languages.

Started with a year of Spanish in high school, but they didn't have a second year, so I did first year French instead the next year. And then stayed with French for 16 credit hours in college, because I'd already started, needed the language requirement for my liberal arts degree, and, well, the French version of Louisiana's Civil Code of 1825 still governs where there's been no intervening changes in a provision, and I was heading to law school.

And you pick up Latin phrases here and there, especially in law. There's always the internet these days to fill in the blanks.

Have dabbled with Spanish via sundry methods since college and law school -- it's more practical these days -- but I still speak Spanish mas o menos, mas menos que mas.

Was about to start dabbling instead in Mandarin as had been going out with a girl from Hunan, but she's currently stuck on the other side of the US after having gone back to the PRC for the lunar new year, so that's on hold for a bit.

Anyway -- immersion is the best way to learn a language. With Spanish, when I've gone south of the border and forced myself into situations where I needed to speak and understand the language to get through, my level of fluency has increased exponentially. You no doubt have picked up Spanish very well having spent all that time with Ticas in Costa Rica.