Predict the FINAL NUMBER of confirmed Coronavirus cases/deaths in the U.S. (Predictions ONLY)

"In the walls of the cubicle [where Winston Smith worked at the Ministry of Truth, said to have been amalgamated from Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube] there were three orifices. To the right of the speakwrite, a small pneumatic tube for written messages, to the left, a larger one for newspapers; and in the side wall, within easy reach of Winston’s arm, a large oblong slit protected by a wire grating. This last was for the disposal of waste paper. Similar slits existed in thousands or tens of thousands throughout the building, not only in every room but at short intervals in every corridor. For some reason they were nicknamed memory holes. When one knew that any document was due for destruction, or even when one saw a scrap of waste paper lying about, it was an automatic action to lift the flap of the nearest memory hole and drop it in, whereupon it would be whirled away on a current of warm air to the enormous furnaces which were hidden somewhere in the recesses of the building."

-- George Orwell, 1984

Ignorance is Strength
Freedom is Slavery

Of course, 1984, Brave New World and the like all will be consigned to the memory hole before this is all over . . . and I'm not talking about this wager.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
"Concepts" from one of my favorite works of literature, 1984:

Doublethink is the ability to hold two completely contradictory thoughts simultaneously while believing both of them to be true. ... In Orwell's book, doublethink was critical to the success of the Party as it supported the state-imposed practice of language control, or newspeak.

Doublespeak is saying one thing and meaning another, usually its opposite. In 1984 when BIG BROTHER and the Party say PEACE they mean WAR, when they say LOVE they mean HATE, and when they say FREEDOM they mean SLAVERY. There are four types of doublespeak: euphemism, jargon, gobbledygook, and inflated language.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
There's that word "gobbledygook" again.

I prefer "gibberish."

Soft g's are so much easier on the ear.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
FW had the lead for 15 days, JK now up, summer should slow, I will guess JK to hold lead for 45 to 90 days. Probably will only post standings once a week since no position changes for a while. Changed bottom 5 to "Unl", unlikely

View attachment 7460964

I finally sit atop the leaderboard and now ComptrBob switches from a daily update to a weekly update.

I was hoping for hourly updates.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
JK with the lead for 5 days now, probably will hold for another 22 or so. Abundy moving on up, tie point is at 1,537,500 confirmed cases.:

1588315733921.png

billysink

EOG Dedicated
A handout from China to show more they care.

No

Why did e add the WHO to the boogy man list.

Are they out to get Trump?

Did everyone think that a group of critical thinking highly educated folk don't understand that Trump will take down Trump on his very own? I mean everyone but a shrinking group of amoeba are laughing their asses off. The 5 pm. train wreck and the CV-19 poo-poo on live TV and Twit will do the trick. That shit is worldwide. Comedy gold.

This WHO deal smells like smoke and mirrors to me.

billysink

EOG Dedicated
China hiding shit? From the world's best Intel OPs? ain't nobody hiding dead bodies, supply chain movement, communications from anyone.

This shit straight up US vs, China, not some fukkin conspiracy theory.

Errybuddy out to get me?

Loolz.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
China hiding shit? From the world's best Intel OPs? ain't nobody hiding dead bodies, supply chain movement, communications from anyone.

Errybuddy out to get me?

Loolz.
Well they did fake the death count, pandemics are bad for business. They also didin't WHO investigate until there were 40K+ in thw Wuhan region.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Well they did fake the death count, pandemics are bad for business. They also didin't WHO investigate until there were 40K+ in thw Wuhan region.

Typical conspiracy behavior of a Republicon.

Whoever your sources are they're not reliable. Stop blaming WHO and China. This is strictly Trumps and his administration fault. It started in 2018 when he disbanded the offices of pandemic response. Part of his campaign to rollback everything Obama did along with his campaign to kill the government. And it continued in Nov & Dec 2019, and Jan Feb 2020 when Trump ignored the warnings the intel agencies were giving him during the daily Presidential intel briefings. Trump actual downplayed and denied the threat calling it a hoax and saying it would disappear in a few days.

alfie

EOG Dedicated
Typical conspiracy behavior of a Republicon.

Whoever your sources are they're not reliable. Stop blaming WHO and China. This is strictly Trumps and his administration fault. It started in 2018 when he disbanded the offices of pandemic response. Part of his campaign to rollback everything Obama did along with his campaign to kill the government. And it continued in Nov & Dec 2019, and Jan Feb 2020 when Trump ignored the warnings the intel agencies were giving him during the daily Presidential intel briefings. Trump actual downplayed and denied the threat calling it a hoax and saying it would disappear in a few days.

good thing the knowledgeable dems stepped up and got the superbowl and mardi gras cancelled.. they had all the answers in jan what was coming and how to handle it.........
hoax, again......
100 % winner of sunday games on monday..

--bigrunner

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Republicon party being led by Pinocchio, calls themselves the pro life party. Their leader is now saying testing is not necessary. Republicon Governors last to close first to open.

Trump and his RepubliCon pro life party want to beat this virus with herd immunity.

Yeah more people might die, but
- The pro life RepubliCons

railbird

EOG Master

Errybuddy out to get me?

Loolz.
give life to jesus or its hell

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Sadly there will be over 100,000 deaths.

A colossal failure by Trump. He should be locked up for all the blood he has on his hands. Plus he illegally paid Stormy Daniels and Karen Mcdougal hundreds of thousands.

mr merlin

EOG Master

A colossal failure by Trump. He should be locked up for all the blood he has on his hands. Plus he illegally paid Stormy Daniels and Karen Mcdougal hundreds of thousands.
Isn't it a shame that most of them are democrats? A real shame. it could be a close election, 100K votes could swing it.

Dell Dude

EOG Master

STFU. Cuomo and DeBlasio will be responsible for 50,000.