Premier League Swansea City - Leicester City

paul8209

EOG Senior Member
Premier League Swansea City - Leicester City

The visitors continue on their merry way and I doubt they would have been too disappointed with a home point against Manchester United last week, despite having the better of the clear goalscoring opportunities. They were happy to sit back, give United as much possession as they wanted and hit them on the break, tactics which are , of course, ideal for playing on the road and it is no coincidence that they have scored more goals away from the King Power Stadium. Hard to see them coming up short in the goal scoring department today, the Swans have won just once in ten and have conceded eight in their last four home starts and have been forced a little out of their preferred game plan and style by their desperate need to win and the huge pressure on boss Gary Monk, who could do no wrong four months ago, but is now getting the dreaded vote of confidence on a regular basis, such is the life of a head coach, you are only as good as your last 2-3 results in modern football ! They will push and that is going to leave space for Leicester, who have pace to spare and they have scored in 18 straight games, 2+ in 12 of those and you do not need me to tell you about the exploits of Jamie Vardy. Confidence levels are through the roof at the Foxes and they will take to the field looking for the three points which might well take them back to the top of the table.

I do have my concerns about the visitors defensively and spoke about those ahead of last week's game ( preview is reproduced at the foot of this email), 1-1 at the break, a third goal seemed highly likely and I do not doubt if it had come, a fourth would have followed, but United did not stretch the home side enough on the flanks and play was very compacted in front of the penalty area. Hopefully the Swans will have learned from that, Monk had a "clear the air" meeting with his squad this week and feels the team took a lot from a much improved showing at Liverpool last week, but he has demanded his side be more aggressive in possession and when they have tried that previously this season, they have scored, but have been very vulnerable at the back, witness the 2-2 scoreline when they hosted struggling Bournemouth recently, the Cherries led 2-0 early before City fought back to tie things up at the break, but it was all Bournemouth in the second half and they could/should have scored 4. Hosts are going to need at least two to win this and I think they will gamble for the three points , with a trip to Manchester City up next and Monk likely to be looking for a new job this week or next with any other result .

over 2.75 goals 2.14 asian line/Sportmarket

from Sports Betting Advice Service Clubgowi