private messages

WVU

EOG Master
pretty cool of EOG to send an email reminder that your PM box is getting full.

Dear WVU,

Your private messages box on EOG Sports Betting Forums has reached 90% of your allowed quota. To ensure that you do not reach 100% of your allowed messages, you should consider archiving or deleting some of your messages. Please visit this page to do so:

my question is if your box is full what happens if you get a message? Will it tell the sender that your box is full or will it keep the message in que until a message gets deleted? 75 PM limit is way too small. I hate having to delete to make room.

Blondie

EOG Master
Re: private messages

pretty cool of EOG to send an email reminder that your PM box is getting full.

Dear WVU,

Your private messages box on EOG Sports Betting Forums has reached 90% of your allowed quota. To ensure that you do not reach 100% of your allowed messages, you should consider archiving or deleting some of your messages. Please visit this page to do so:

my question is if your box is full what happens if you get a message? Will it tell the sender that your box is full or will it keep the message in que until a message gets deleted? 75 PM limit is way too small. I hate having to delete to make room.

It will tell the sender that your pm box is full. You can download them to your desktop if you are wanting to save them for any reason...

At the bottom download them as a TXT file and they will open with notepad.

WVU

EOG Master

It will tell the sender that your pm box is full. You can download them to your desktop if you are wanting to save them for any reason...

At the bottom download them as a TXT file and they will open with notepad.

too tedious and I do not want my private messages open for just anyone who happens to walk past my computer to read them.

Blondie

EOG Master

too tedious and I do not want my private messages open for just anyone who happens to walk past my computer to read them.

Then put them in a password protected folder that is hidden. Simple to do...

WVU

EOG Master

By the way, who is responsible for getting PMs instituted here? Mofome?

Great job whoever it was. This gives this forum a new dimension and a leg up on most of the others IMO.

WVU

EOG Master

I can only imagine the fan mail you are getting.

I thought this would be the case, but it isn't true. My haters only rag on me for attention and to be recognized, and because piling on is cool. Not the case in a private message.

Blondie

EOG Master

Hey, easiest answer would have been just to make five clicks and increase the size, but I don't follow orders well. Anyone that works with me can tell you that :D

WVU

EOG Master

Hey, easiest answer would have been just to make five clicks and increase the size, but I don't follow orders well. Anyone that works with me can tell you that :D

is it user changeable or would you have to increse it for everyone?

Blondie

EOG Master

It would have to be increased for all registered users.

Example: when I increased the moderator limit it increased all moderators same for administration.

WVU

EOG Master

If I could increase my size with 5 easy clicks I wouldn't be spending all my money on those pills and potions

Back to the privacy issue of private messages.

Blondie, can you or anyone at EOG pull up a poster's PM's?

In my paranoia, I'm thinkin' if you can get inside my account to post my avatar (for which I'm grateful), you can probably get to my PM's. Is that not right?

(No reason to get to them. They are boring as Hell.)

WVU

EOG Master

Back to the privacy issue of private messages.

Blondie, can you or anyone at EOG pull up a poster's PM's?

In my paranoia, I'm thinkin' if you can get inside my account to post my avatar (for which I'm grateful), you can probably get to my PM's. Is that not right?

(No reason to get to them. They are boring as Hell.)

very good question. Are our personal messages indeed sacred?

Blondie

EOG Master

There are hacks that can be installed to view members private messages, these hacks are NOT installed on our site.

Other options are:

Reviewing the database to read them, which there is limited access to for many, and even those that have access to it the process is a real pain in the arse. If someone is going to go to these lengths to read a private message they are either very bored or they REALLY want to know what is in it and have the technical knowledge and access to do so.

Other option is to go into the user's profile and change their password and log in as them. This would be noticeable when the user went to log in. Although just because your password does not work, does not mean someone has changed it. We had a glitch a while back where a few people could not log in with their normal password.

Blondie

EOG Master

It is technically is both.

Regular posters no they can not.

Admin - yes and no

There is no easy way to do it without changing your password

The difficult way to do it, i know how to do not sure if anyone else does, but the main question would be why in the hell would I want to read someone else's pm's.

I would be pissed if someone was reading mine, so why do that to someone else?

WVU

EOG Master

I know the back end of this software somewhat. Do super moderators have access to PMs? Do regular moderators?

I have to know.

A few of us are planning a bloody coup d'etat to overthrow that Weitzner guy and take over the EOG empire.

Our devious scheming cannot be compromised by unsecured communications lines.

Blondie

EOG Master

No one (superadmin, admin, supermod, or mod) has direct access to a users private messages.

The only ways are the ones listed above.

And those two ways are only available to admin.

Blondie

EOG Master

I have to know.

A few of us are planning a bloody coup d'etat to overthrow that Weitzner guy and take over the EOG empire.

Our devious scheming cannot be compromised by unsecured communications lines.

God love him, but can you forsee him accessing the database and searching the entire database for private messages from Jeff Jones to overthrow him :LMAO

I can't... at least not without asking someone else how to do it :doh1

WVU

EOG Master

No one (superadmin, admin, supermod, or mod) has direct access to a users private messages.

The only ways are the ones listed above.

And those two ways are only available to admin.

Thank you Blondie. Can you list who the admins are? Thanks again

Blondie

EOG Master

Thank you Blondie. Can you list who the admins are? Thanks again

That is not my place to say. You will have to direct that to Shrink himself sorry...

I would be willing to say with 99% certainty that your private messages are not being read. (always leave that one percent chance that I could be wrong. I highly doubt it but it can happen)

mofome

Banned

By the way, who is responsible for getting PMs instituted here? Mofome?

Great job whoever it was. This gives this forum a new dimension and a leg up on most of the others IMO.

12io4j2w90