Andy Dalton 0
Case Keenum 0
Ryan Fitzpatrick 0
Eli Manning +1
https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1824932

Last edited by a moderator:

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Didn't they see how much SF sucked last year without JG? Its a combo of how good the starter is, and how good is the replacement. Trubisky should be higher because the backup sucks.

kane

EOG master
Is it stat based or just his opinion?

Rodgers sucked last year, so did Wentz.

So why put them so high?

Take Rodgers off the Packers and they're a 3 win team, he's as important to them as any QB is to their team, his backup is someone named Tim Boyle

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
True but on that list he was at the top.

If he means he is the best QB in the league, well that wasnt based on last year but something else

Take all other other top qbs and the dropoff would be huge as well

kane

EOG master
True but on that list he was at the top.

If he means he is the best QB in the league, well that wasnt based on last year but something else

Take all other other top qbs and the dropoff would be huge as well

I'm guessing the QB's worth is also related to the backup, for example Andrew Luck's worth to the Colts isn't as bad with Brissett as it would be with Nathan Peterman, if Brissett was backing up Rodgers, his worth might not be as high

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I'm guessing the QB's worth is also related to the backup, for example Andrew Luck's worth to the Colts isn't as bad with Brissett as it would be with Nathan Peterman, if Brissett was backing up Rodgers, his worth might not be as high
This.

About Rodgers - I still don’t like the weapons they gave him. I thought they would have went hard after Antonio Brown.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated

Who is even Mahomes' backup?
Brady's is untested, so is Wentz's

Most big money qb's have crappy backups

I dont think the writer of the article considered that at all. IMO its his qb power ranking as he sees it

Heim

EOG Master
This.

About Rodgers - I still don’t like the weapons they gave him. I thought they would have went hard after Antonio Brown.

What some don't know is GB led the NFL in rushing yards per carry. So as long as opponents respect their rushing game play
action is still Rodgers thing.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Let's spin this a different way. What backup QB is good enough to win a game in the NFL?

These numbers are way off on everyone! The Bears would beat the Packers by 20 if Rogers did not play.

Valuist

EOG Master
One thing to remember about Rodgers is he played a good portion of last year on a very bad knee. No doubt it effected his finishing ability on his throws.

Heim

EOG Master
Packers took a big chance keeping Boyle over Kizer. Kizer sucked preseason but has started 15 games. Boyle has never taken a snap regular season.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
In some card tournaments it's set up so every player will play the same hands. Same cards. Who can maximize them the best?

If you were somehow able to have every starting QB play a season with every team in the NFL the guy with the most wins would be Aaron Rogers.

Of course that's an opinion but he can do it all, he's the most complete and versatile QB out there.

He can throw from the pocket with the best. He can get out and move, throw on the run with the best of them.

He's as smart as any other QB in the game. He can improvise, his pocket presence is as good as anyone else in the game.

He can find a way to play at an elite level with any team, regardless of who runs it or what sort of offense they want to run.

I think maybe 2 or 3 more years at or near the top of his capabilities is in order as he is aging.

Maybe no one other than Wilson has played as much with inferior talent around him yet still found a way to produce more times than not.

Not Brady, not Mahomes, not anyone else, Rogers is the most complete QB in the game today.

Obviously purely an opinion but Rogers is not a QB I'd be doubting at this point in his career.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Eli +1, lol. I guess that means if you bet the Giants you need an Eli injury to maximize your chances.

Not sure I agree with that, can't tell too much from preseason.

Yep, Jones has looked great but lots of QB's look great in games that do not count.

I don't think him walking out there as day #1 starter is an upgrade over Eli.....

It will be soon, but not today.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Who is even Mahomes' backup?
Brady's is untested, so is Wentz's

Most big money qb's have crappy backups

I dont think the writer of the article considered that at all. IMO its his qb power ranking as he sees it
Matt Moore. Coming off a year on the Couch, coaching High School Football. And he's actually a slight improvement over the pathetic Chad Henne. Stiil, KC is a 5-6 win team if Mahomes is out all year and Moore has to play, as is NE without Brady, GB without Aaron, and Seattle without Russell.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Love Slippery's contributions.

Tough to put a single number on NFL quarterbacks.

Ratings are contingent on so many other factors.

Home or road?

Division or non-division?

In the pocket or out of the pocket?

With time or without time?

With a competent playcaller or without?

Against a tough defensive team or a soft defense?

And my personal favorite: Playing with the lead or playing from behind?

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
What's most important is the strength of the offensive line. A solid offensive line keeps the QB upright, and hopefully injury free, so he can complete passes. A solid O-line also provides for a running attack, taking pressure off of the passing game.

Stiil, KC is a 5-6 win team if Mahomes is out all year and Moore has to play, as is NE without Brady,

In the words of Lee Corso, "not so fast my friend."

NE went 11-5 the season Brady was injured in the first game and which he then, subsequently missed the rest of the season. They also went 3-1 in the four games he was suspended at the beginning of the season for his "deflate-gate transgressions."

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
What's most important is the strength of the offensive line. A solid offensive line keeps the QB upright, and hopefully injury free, so he can complete passes. A solid O-line also provides for a running attack, taking pressure off of the passing game.

In the words of Lee Corso, "not so fast my friend."

NE went 11-5 the season Brady was injured in the first game and which he then, subsequently missed the rest of the season. They also went 3-1 in the four games he was suspended at the beginning of the season for his "deflate-gate transgressions."
They did lose 5 games from the prior year. And it's the only year in the Brady era that NE failed to make the playoffs, even though 11 wins usually does. And Cassel proved to be a serviceable backup QB.

kane

EOG master
That's a severe overreaction, IMO. Darnold and Simien are closer than that. If Le'veon Bell and CJ Mosley don't play, that would more explain the big line move.

I agree, the line is now 6.5, too much of an overreaction imo