QUOTE FROM MR KELLY

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated
There are four WNBA games scheduled for Sunday and I plan to post selections and analysis for the entire card late Saturday night/early Sunday morning in a thread titled "Sunday's Best." I plan to get back my money where I lost it (the WNBA betting board) before the week is up.

I HAVE A HARD TIME FINDING THREADS SOMETIMES. WHERE WAS THIS POSTED???

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: QUOTE FROM MR KELLY

Site was down.

I had one play today: New York -1 over Los Angeles.

Winner.

brians

EOG Dedicated

Site was down.

I had one play today: New York -1 over Los Angeles.

Winner.

Was on the same side on this one. LA has cost me money this year but I'm hoping to catch some favorable spots to bet against them on this road trip ... today was one, Tuesday vs Connecticut should prove to be another for me.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Was on the same side on this one. LA has cost me money this year but I'm hoping to catch some favorable spots to bet against them on this road trip ... today was one, Tuesday vs Connecticut should prove to be another for me.

I don't care for LA head coach Jennifer Gillom.

I also think veterans Thomas, Penichero and Milton-Jones could tire as the season progresses.

One negative about fading the Sparks: Candace Parker looks focused.

ComptrBob

EOG Master

Of course.

For the record, I did release the game on Las Vegas radio this morning.

Funny that I stayed in Reno last night and didn't bring my computer to read EOG or listen over the Internet. Today around noon, just before I was ready to leave for home, Mark Shannon flagged me down to see if I had your WNBA picks for the day. I had to say that I hadn't checked, I should have told him to text you and ask ...LOL

brians

EOG Dedicated

I don't care for LA head coach Jennifer Gillom.

I also think veterans Thomas, Penichero and Milton-Jones could tire as the season progresses.

One negative about fading the Sparks: Candace Parker looks focused.

27 points a game from the Thompson/Milton-Jones combo. Toliver has been good off the bench but that will be a lot to make up if their production declines.

Don't know much about Gillom except for the fact that she has a losing record as a head coach. Going without Parker last year was tough, and I think she was interim head coach in Minnesota the season Augustus got hurt and missed most of the year.

Mammon

EOG Master

I went 9-0 in the Wnba while Eog was down and texted it to Timely Hero.

munson15

I want winners...

Might be my sadistic side coming through here, but would I have saved or lost money by having access to the planned 4-game card, JK?

brians

EOG Dedicated

Might be my sadistic side coming through here, but would I have saved or lost money by having access to the planned 4-game card, JK?

Way too sadistic. My sunday was bad enough. I studied the Sunday WNBA card extra hard in anticipation of JK's selections, just to see if we were aligned on anything. I like to heavy-up whenever we land on the same side.
  • I couldn't find a winner in the SA/ATL matchup so I laid off
  • I liked Washington in a revenge spot at home but thought -7.5 was too much and couldn't pull the trigger. Regretfully.
  • I like NY and played them at +1 for my only winner.
  • I played Minnesota too hard and too many ways ... couple of losers there.
So, I'm afraid to find out I could have saved money.

munson15

I want winners...

I hear you Brian, but I was figuring JK had a card all lined up that he never had the opportunity to post. Was interested in the 4 results he experienced.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I'll post every WNBA play every day beginning August 1.

I made two bets on Sunday: New York and Indiana.

Database Error sabotaged my EOG contributions.

Apologies to my friend Bernie.

Note to brians: Kristi Tolliver has looked great early this season for the Sparks.

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

Funny that I stayed in Reno last night and didn't bring my computer to read EOG or listen over the Internet. Today around noon, just before I was ready to leave for home, Mark Shannon flagged me down to see if I had your WNBA picks for the day. I had to say that I hadn't checked, I should have told him to text you and ask ...LOL

In Laughlin for a while and listened to the show on Sat and Sun (1st time and think JK does a nice job with the show).........be thankful you didn't hear Sunday's show. Private clocker Toby Turrell's tease on Saturday to the guarantee on Sunday on a Baffert 2YO 1ster was not good. And it of course just had to occur in the last race while closing out everything.

I'll post every WNBA play every day beginning August 1.

I made two bets on Sunday: New York and Indiana.

Database Error sabotaged my EOG contributions.

Apologies to my friend Bernie.

Note to brians: Kristi Tolliver has looked great early this season for the Sparks.

JK, can Sparks win without Candace Parker? Sun ML? p.s. I can vouch for your Liberty play, pretty sure you mentioned it between bites of salmon fillet at ST buffet on Saturday nite.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

JK, can Sparks win without Candace Parker? Sun ML? p.s. I can vouch for your Liberty play, pretty sure you mentioned it between bites of salmon fillet at ST buffet on Saturday nite.

Candace Parker is out six weeks with a torn meniscus in her right knee.

Sparks are playing their third game of a seven-game road trip tonight.

Market responded by making Connecticut a six-point choice.

With Parker in the lineup, Connecticut would have been a three-point favorite.

Three points appears to me to be the correct adjustment right now.

I'm a contrarian when it comes to injuries. I usually look to "bet on" the team with the missing player, especially in the team's first game without their injured star.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

In Laughlin for a while and listened to the show on Sat and Sun (1st time and think JK does a nice job with the show).........be thankful you didn't hear Sunday's show. Private clocker Toby Turrell's tease on Saturday to the guarantee on Sunday on a Baffert 2YO 1ster was not good. And it of course just had to occur in the last race while closing out everything.

Thanks for listening, Crick.

I appreciate compliments from tough critics.

Toby's tip was disappointing, to say the least.

He sold it hard, too.