Random notes and thoughts

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
tourney players looking for large score, and/or maybe free rolling with backer. ncaafb mags come out in july for more sales. Lavar Ball made a great case
on Steve A show on how good pelicans starting 5 will be and will have good chemistry
Every cfb mag has been out for a week now when they shouldn't be out until July 15th was my point. Phil Steele has always been trash but at least his unit rankings were decent now he just names 10 Alabama players and 9 Clemson players all Americans and didnt list a single PSU player transferred when they have had 12 leave the program.
Its sloppy at best. They are trying to beat each other to the press but at the cost of the reader as its incomplete reporting. There are still 100 kids or so waiting for eligibility filing from the NCAA. Cant make out a depth chart if you have no idea who's available and who isnt.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Kudos to CNN's Anderson Cooper tonight for a moving tribute to his late mother, Gloria Vanderbilt.

My favorite Vanderbilt?

Easy.

Alfred Gwynne Vanderbilt Jr., a racehorse owner who poured millions into the game of thoroughbred racing and campaigned the great Native Diver in the early 1950's.

At age 87, A.G. died at his home in Mill Neck, New York in 1999 after attending morning workouts at Belmont Park.

Last edited:

blueline

EOG Master
He had to create that probably a couple of days before she died...had to speak of her in past tense.had to be difficult

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
He had to create that probably a couple of days before she died...had to speak of her in past tense.had to be difficult

Sad.

I rarely fall for Cooper's bleeding heart nonsense but he was obviously invested in this story.

Well done.

P.S. - I don't dislike Anderson Cooper but I don't like him, either.

I think the word is indifferent.

blueline

EOG Master
His voice started to crack at the end. When they played it during the morning, Poppy Harlowe had tears in her eyes.

kane

EOG master
Christian Yelich hit his 29th HR last night, that means anyone who bet him over 28.5 cashes their ticket, and he did it in only 69 games. It took him less than half a season to go over his HR total, that's fucking crazy

kane

EOG master
The Reds are two games under .500, but the only teams in the NL with a better run differential are the Dodgers and Cubs, that's it

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Christian Yelich hit his 29th HR last night, that means anyone who bet him over 28.5 cashes their ticket, and he did it in only 69 games. It took him less than half a season to go over his HR total, that's fucking crazy

Commissioner Rob Manfred finally addressed the ball produced by Rawlings this week.

Long overdue.

kane

EOG master
For those who like to follow trends, Cole Hamels has started 18 games against the Reds in his career, his team's record is 17-1, and his personal record against them is 12-1 with a 1.77 ERA

MrTop

EOG Master
For those who like to follow trends, Cole Hamels has started 18 games against the Reds in his career, his team's record is 17-1, and his personal record against them is 12-1 with a 1.77 ERA

just for me I am not big on rear view mirror stats. Hamels was on 3 different teams. Reds through the years had different players. Maybe Voto the only player still on the same team. Was Hamels home most of his games? Who was the pitcher for the reds? The only thing that could come into play is the mound/backdrop.. He likes one over another. Anything else? Sure you can make a bundle if you are on it. I wish I was LOL. This is the stuff that I tried in the early 80's just did not work for me. Hamels was an ace for many years on the phillies & some teams with a good defense . Reds have been bad forever.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Good point, MrTop, about a pitcher's record at the site.

Career versus team is not as telling as pitcher at site, especially the recent performances.

kane

EOG master
just for me I am not big on rear view mirror stats. Hamels was on 3 different teams. Reds through the years had different players. Maybe Voto the only player still on the same team. Was Hamels home most of his games? Who was the pitcher for the reds? The only thing that could come into play is the mound/backdrop.. He likes one over another. Anything else? Sure you can make a bundle if you are on it. I wish I was LOL. This is the stuff that I tried in the early 80's just did not work for me. Hamels was an ace for many years on the phillies & some teams with a good defense . Reds have been bad forever.

FTR, I'm not a big guy trends guy either, what happened in the past doesn't mean it will happen in the future, I just saw Hamels numbers against the Reds and posted it for those who care about this stuff

kane

EOG master
If you played OVER 11.5 in the Yankee/Red Sox game, you just cashed, and they're still in the first inning

waco

EOG Dedicated
I got my Phil Steel magazine yesterday!! The info is awesome. I already started checking my over/under college teams. Phil got all the power ratings of every team and I plug it into every game teams play and see how many games the team will be favorite or dog. If a team is 3 or 4 point favorite, I call it a push. Then I compare to what the actually over and under of each team is. Its a lot work but its puts money in my pocket. I did about 20 teams yesterday and found 3 I like.

waco

EOG Dedicated
Ill give you an example of one team I found. Their over/under is 8 or 8.5. They will be favorite by at least 9 or more points in 10 of their games. No wonder there are big lines at Westgate when these College games are on the board . It looks like ill be one of the bettors in line. Back to work. I got about 200 more teams to handicap!1

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
If you played OVER 11.5 in the Yankee/Red Sox game, you just cashed, and they're still in the first inning

I saw the reports about the short fences and all the long balls at yesterday's batting practice and failed to act.

Dammit.

blueline

EOG Master
whats up with Peter Miller..the crackdown? has a program chalk in todays mandatory payout at CD that could win but overall its been brutal

Valuist

EOG Master
I can't believe that a 17-13 game is what MLB wanted. This has to be around 5 hours by the time it ends. The U.K. worships soccer, where there is no shortage of 1-0 games.

Valuist

EOG Master
Note to self: toss out this start for both Tanaka and Porcello.

Combined? One inning and TWELVE earned runs.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
I like Big Bang Boom in the 9th at Woodbine tonight.
He’s ML 8-1 but if his odds drop early it’s an indication he’s live tonite.
Good Luck.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Finished second in a decent try.

Attended the early pace and got nailed in the final strides by a horse that benefited from the race shape.

Paid $6.90 to place and $4.60 to show.