RAS becomes a shill for the Westgate

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Tout service RAS (Right Angle Sports) tweets how there's no problem with the Westgate using a scheduling rule to cancel tennis future bets on events that were postponed (VSin's Gil Alexander had the winner at 30/1), but ignoring the same rule to honor MLB, NHL and NBA futures which were also delayed and playoff structure radically changed.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
And RAS uses what looks like a fabricated tweet from @golfodds (a Westgate employee) to claim official notice. @golfaodds further has the Twitter warning: "Opinions are my own."

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated
All it takes is a few buffet comps to turn them into a publicity arm. Las Vegas is filled with takers like Covers Guy Everson and Vegas guy Tuley. Jimmy V would out them when he did segments on VSIN. It was funny when he would mention how they were always asking for something looking for handouts all the time.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
According to his VSiN show, Gil made bets all across Vegas at various odds. Every book except the Westgate, and including WH paid the early French open bet on the women's singles winner, Iga Swiatek.

railbird

EOG Master
NO WAY this bet should be canceled, once a bet on a tournament is made, the wager is in progress immediatley. You cant cancel a wager in progress.

MrTop

EOG Master
if no date to cancel like boxing . Not right. The book should put a cancel date in before the opener gets let out.

Valuist

EOG Master
I thought Gill was way too nice to Kornegay, Sherman and Murray. But he did take an hour of his show to point out he was freerolled by them.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I know its really tough times out in LV right now, but what is $30K to them? As a futures player, its concerning, I would expect this from a lower tiered offshore book. Hopefully the gaming commission steps in and come up rules on how to cancel a future from the book's POV - including apps and refunding them. It would really suck if he hedged for big money.

railbird

EOG Master
jeff sherman is the problem. jay would have never made that tweet back in may, but know is forced to back sherman. sherman less than a pro is a nice way to say it

railbird

EOG Master
they should have gave players a refund option pre tourney. and let the others stand. would have been correct way.

Valuist

EOG Master
I know its really tough times out in LV right now, but what is $30K to them? As a futures player, its concerning, I would expect this from a lower tiered offshore book. Hopefully the gaming commission steps in and come up rules on how to cancel a future from the book's POV - including apps and refunding them. It would really suck if he hedged for big money.

I know this; they are getting a lot more than $30k of bad publicity. Murray is a moth. He loves publicity. He's on VSIN, ESPN and does a pod with Kelly Stewart. He is going to have to answer for this.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Gil said he hedged on Kenin in the finals, but he said, can you imagine if he he hedged at Westgate, lost the hedge and then went back to get paid on the winner and they said sorry ticket is void!! Lol

railbird

EOG Master
Tout service RAS (Right Angle Sports) tweets how there's no problem with the Westgate using a scheduling rule to cancel tennis future bets on events that were postponed (VSin's Gil Alexander had the winner at 30/1), but ignoring the same rule to honor MLB, NHL and NBA futures which were also delayed and playoff structure radically changed.
ofcourse ras takes westgate side, that is 1 of his outs

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
I'm sure it will cost them more than 30k in negative press etc. I mean it's a high profile guy on VSIN, with his own podcast, not some Joe Schmo.

I mean, aren't they free rolling these people. Like someone said, the one's who lost, threw away their ticket, not knowing they could have got a refund.

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
I'm sure it will cost them more than 30k in negative press etc. I mean it's a high profile guy on VSIN, with his own podcast, not some Joe Schmo.

I mean, aren't they free rolling these people. Like someone said, the one's who lost, threw away their ticket, not knowing they could have got a refund.

Yeah

Arnold Zwiffel

EOG Enthusiast
Paulie Howard was way out of line in asking Jay Kornegay if he suspected (Gil Alexander) of angle-shooting or trying to extort the Westgate out of that money.