Recommended Gambling books

Santo

EOG Veteran
Which books would people reccomend for the following sports?

-- Football (I've heard Kevin O'Neill)
-- College Football
-- College Basketball
-- Baseball

One can argue PINNACLE for one, if not ALL of those sports, but there are certainly cases to be made for ALL of our sponsors...

I also like WSEX a lot because of their interactives and my RESPECT for never skipping a beat without their fearless leader at the helm!!!

THE SHRINK

Thanks OF...:doh1

I know the Gamblers Book Club, run by Howard Schwartz in Las Vegas is an EXCELLENT resource and my FAVORITE place to look for gambinng related BOOKS...

THE SHRINK

Santo

EOG Veteran
Frog: You haven't responded to my e-mail about the Jersey... let me know what you want mate..

Just checking out the Gamblers book shop.. will drop them an email and enquire why they think it costs $32 to ship a paperback to Europe ;-)

My favorites...

The Unemotional Football Bettor (#1 fav)

Sharp sports betting (mainly football, but lots of good info)

The best of Sonny Reizner (not really a how-to book, but a great read about what he went through in his life as a sports bettor.)

I've read and own just about every sports betting book there is, and these are my three favorites. (Honorable mention to "College basketball Handicapping: A Professional Approach" and "The Odds")

And remember that many times the best info you can get comes not from books from the forums themselves. I have many files of great advise from other posters.

:+thumbs-2

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned
HEY SHRINK LET ME ASK YOU A QUICK QUESTION DO YOU HANG AROUND WITH ANY IRISH GUYS EVERYTIME YOU DROP A NAME ITS SOME J-W.I KNOW YOU GUYS LIKE TO HANG TOGETHER AND EXCHANGE STORIES HOW YOU MADE ALL THE DOUGH BUT I WISH YOU WOULD BREAK THIS CIRCLE AND START HANGING AROUND WITH SOME IRISH PEOPLE.SHRINK THE HEEL WITH ALL THESE JEWISH GUYS JAY COHEN,HOWARD SCHWARTZ,SONNY REIZNER WHAT THE F-CK HAPPENED TO THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN WE HAD GUYS LIKE WHITEY:D ,RIFLEMAN,:+signs9-1 SHRINK I JUST WISH YOU WOULD FIND SOME IRISH FRIENDS

Santo said:
Just checking out the Gamblers book shop.. will drop them an email and enquire why they think it costs $32 to ship a paperback to Europe ;-)

I order from Gamblers Book Club quite often. I find them to be excellent both in terms of sevice and titles available. The list price at, say, Amazon (which I also use a lot) might look lower but in my experience Gamblers Book Club charge less in shipping&handling and deliver much faster.

Cheers, farbror
SWEDEN

Omni said:
I've read and own just about every sports betting book there is, and these are my three favorites. (Honorable mention to "College basketball Handicapping: A Professional Approach" and "The Odds")

How about the books by Mike Lee? I liked his baseball book a lot ("Betting the bases?"). Do you know where I can find his other titles? I think Gamblers Book Store only offers his baseball book.

Last edited:

Santo

EOG Veteran
farbror: I've had paperbacks shipped from ebay sellers in the US for about $8... do they really charge $32 on your packages to Sweden? Horrendous profit margin.. Amazon only charge about $10..

32USD? Gulp.

Nope, I think the average s&h I have been charged from Gamblers Book Club is approx 10USD. I usually order 2-3 books at a time.

I think the web site offers two different email adresses. the response rate is MUCH better on one of them but I cannot remember which one on them (sorry!)

Omni said:
You got me there farbror. I only own Betting the Bases. Mike Lee did have a few columns he wrote on the internet though. Take a few runs through search enigines and i'll bet you'll find some soid info he man have written online.

Here's a link to a short column he wrote at covers.com about NCAA hoops betting...

http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?theArt=19836&tid=36

Thanx, most interesting. The new owners of Mike Lee Sports mention something about Mr Lees books being sold but they fail to answer email.

Santo

EOG Veteran
gamble@lasvegas.net is the only address I can see...

Kevin O'Neills books seem to be dated 1999 and 2002... is it worth getting both, or is the 2002 version basically an update?

I want to get unemotional sports better -- is gamblers bookshop the only source?

The Odds and Sharp Sports Betting are on the way from Amazon UK Marketplace sellers (and cheap! ?3 for The Odds, ?6 for SSB)

there used to be a free shipping offer on the book at the authors site. try google and you'll find a site called "sixsense..."

santo, I ordered two books from Gamblers Book CLub yesterday. As far as I can tell from my credit card statement (doing calculations in my head is a major abstacle) I have been charged about 14-15 USD in shipping and bank fees (about 1% on the total sale, say 1USD)

Santo

EOG Veteran
Thanks farbror. Sounds like they offer an excessive estimate so you're pleasently surprised..

Will put an order through Monday. What's your average wait for delivery? About a week?

Yeah, about a week....perhaps slightly less. I think the tend to ship the very same day you order and quite foten the order arrives in 5-7 days.

Sorry for being curious but what are you going to order? Last Friday I ordered "The Unemotionallt Football Bettor" and Ross' book on baseball. I will share any thoughts on the "value" of those titles. Very few titles get thumbs-up from this grumpy old man.

Santo

EOG Veteran
Unemotional football bettor, College basketball handicapping: pro approach and ten keys to winning season for now.. considered the Kevin O'Neill books but nobody seems to reccomend them, also considered Betting to win on hoops.

I have SSB, The Odds and Investing in college Basketball on their way from Amazon marketplace UK for cheap..

I wasnt really pleased with "Ten keys to...". GBC used to have it 2nd hand at half price. It will be interesting to hear what you think about the the college-fotbal book.