Recommended tour: San Gerardo de Dota and the Savegre River

Ticoloco

EOG Member
Re: Recommended tour: San Gerardo de Dota and the Savegre River

If you haven't visited, you may want to take up on this nice offer at a discount: http://www.yuplon.com/Ofertas-y-Descuentos/detalle/33140

I've stayed there once with my folks and family. Peaceful, serene setting deep down inside the mountains. Ideal for bird watchers. Visit one of the 5th most clean rivers in the world, the Rio Savegre.

That place is awesome, i went there like 3 months ago...what i didn't like that much was the food, i mean, is eatable but i've had better. There is no TV but who the hell needs a tv when you have a lady's company! Anyway is pretty damn nice!

Ezio Auditore

EOG Member

Awesome place and highly recommended. The coffee from there is amazing. Tons of trout on that river, and you just have to eat as much of it as you can. There's a park with a hike that is just amazing, leading back to a huge rock that you can crawl under, and then further back to a magnificent waterfall.

If you are in Manuel Antonio and want to raft the Savegre check out Quepoa Expeditions. It's a great float, the price is comfortable and the guide always has cold brewskies waiting in the van for the ride home.