Report Findings....."Penn State had "total disregard" for child sex abuse victims"

munson15

I want winners...
Re: Report Findings....."Penn State had "total disregard" for child sex abuse victims"

This is like a proverbial bomb dropping on this state. Another sad day in a year of sad days for Penn State.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Re: Report Findings....."Penn State had "total disregard" for child sex abuse victims"

Munson....do you think the PSU football program could get the death penalty as a result of this scandal?

I'm not even sure what the attributes are for a program receiving the death penalty, but it would seem to me that this situation would fit.

Sad day for those who have connections with PSU.

munson15

I want winners...

I don't think so, Bowler. Most of the people known to be involved are either dead, fired or in jail. Seems to me plenty of karmic punishment has been meted out already.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Other schools, especially elementary schools, should take a long, hard look at their athletic departments in light of the Penn State findings.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

All that was right about Penn State not that long ago is practically down the toilet now...Joe Pa's legacy is down the drain....Penn State athletics will never be the same.....all the good Joe Paterno did is out the window....Sandusky needs to rot in prison...

Looks like Joe was apart of the conspiracy and cover up.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

I was pleasantly surprised with this report. I really expected it to be a half assed effort at a cover up. As an outsider, it has seemed pretty obvious that alot of things were swept under the rug to protect the football program and coach, Im glad this report didnt insult our intelligence.

railbird

EOG Master

Other schools, especially elementary schools, should take a long, hard look at their athletic departments in light of the Penn State findings.

More pedophiles in boy scouts than athletics.

Creepy.

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

I don't think so, Bowler. Most of the people known to be involved are either dead, fired or in jail. Seems to me plenty of karmic punishment has been meted out already.

An assistant coach could be aware of a booster giving a car to a single player, and that team receives the death penalty. A head coach not only covers for a pedophile but provides his football program as an environment in which the predator can spin his web, and you think they don't deserve the death penalty..........this is the closest I've been to using an emoticon, the one that shoots himself in the head.

LCD

An assistant coach could be aware of a booster giving a car to a single player, and that team receives the death penalty. A head coach not only covers for a pedophile but provides his football program as an environment in which the predator can spin his web, and you think they don't deserve the death penalty..........this is the closest I've been to using an emoticon, the one that shoots himself in the head.

There should never be football at PSU again. They had their chance. They failed worse than any program in the history of college athletics. This is not SMU. This is a million times worse. Let the athletes transfer. The students can concentrate on going to classes.

flyermart74

EOG Enthusiast

Absolute power corrupts. I wonder if the networks will put them on tv? Oh maybe just every week, a sad state of affairs and nobody gives a damn about any of the kids. Money, money, is all anyone cares about. I wish we could take them off the betting board, but that won't happen and i don't have the power but maybe stations could do the right thing and not book them!

texansfan

EOG Master

Removing the statue of Paterno seems like the right thing to do.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

If you were a Big 10 school, would you want them in your conference? As a Big East fan, I wouldnt want them anywhere near my conference. And I agree with you TF, the statue should come down.

joeblow

EOG Addicted

Yep...Would you send your son there???
Not me..
Team won't see a bowl game in the next fifty years.
They should also knock out that statue of Paterno ASAP

All that was right about Penn State not that long ago is practically down the toilet now...Joe Pa's legacy is down the drain....Penn State athletics will never be the same.....all the good Joe Paterno did is out the window....Sandusky needs to rot in prison...

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

The only checks and balances involving the Penn State football program were checks the banks cashed and huge bank balances the administration coveted.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I'll do it for you.

:shoot:

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Florida St: FSU finds out students including non-football players were cheating on an on-line music exam. Bowden, when finding out about it, FSU self reports the violation to NCAA and suggests a list of penalties. NCAA decides self imposed penalties not harsh enough and HAMMERS FSU declaring this a "major violation" and makes Bowden forfeit all victories from 2006 and 2007 when FSU and Bowden was unknowingly using students cheating on the test in games.

This causes Bowden to fall too far behind Paterno to ever catch in in the most coaching victories race.

Penn St: I won't rehash or compare what they and Paterno did. So far, no NCAA penalties

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

I cant see the NCAA allowing Paterno to have the most wins in light of everything there.

Nike has already annouced that they are taking Paternos name off the child care building (the irony is sad) at Nike's headquarters.

I believes that's what they call in psychology "sublimation" where one channels socially unacceptable behavior into acceptable behavior avenues .

So child molestors become priests, pediatricians, scout leaders, PE coaches, etc. to be accepted by the community.

The downside of this in 2012 is that the 99% of those who pursue these areas are perfectly well-intentioned, but may be regarded with a suspicious eye.

"Hmmmm, I don't know about that guy...."

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated

My sister in law is a 3rd generation PSU alumnus. Her family is shell shocked over this scandal. They want to put this behind them and move forward. PSU charges $2,000 annual seat license donation...we shall see if that continues. I suppose at the end of the day, come football game day, football will continue on at PSU, they will still get 100,000 people in the stands, etc. After all, isn't PSU football larger and matters more than life itself? (Being sarcastic)

It's just so disappointing that these men who had the power to do something didn't. I think the cover up and conspiracy are as disgusting as the crime. It's sickning to think how these individuals so nonchalantly took the seriousness of the offenses. It's disturbing to think 3 intelligent individuals (Spaniard, Curley and Paterno), could turn a blind eye and harbor a monster like this. It's just blows my mind.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Why doesn't the government go after the clergy as strong as they went against Penn State football? Does the Pope have more pull than Paterno?

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Wow I just spent like a half hour reading the report. It was worse than I even thought. The statue should absolutely be destroyed.

LCD

Wow I just spent like a half hour reading the report. It was worse than I even thought. The statue should absolutely be destroyed.

I couldn't finish it. Like the quote by Mackay.

Of all the things that I've read about the Sandusky thing, this is one of the best since it's by a former assistant football coach at Penn State who was also the victim of sexual abuse as a child.

Joe knew everything and it started before 1999.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/45283472/ns/sports-college_football/

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

Buy the rumor sell the news?....
overmedicatedun... Thu, 07/12/2012 - 17:06 | 2611110

....rumor has it sandusky was never jailed years ago because of "big game rigging with the bookies" he had the goods on the saintly paterno and co. paterno had millions but kept a low profile much like buffett. joe protected him to keep the lid on the things(mob money pay offs to pols & law) that would have come out.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/btfd-no-more#comments

munson15

I want winners...

I haven't read the report guys, so hold your fire. I was reacting to the question based on what I knew prior to today.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

You read 256 pages in a half hour? You really are a genius. :LMAO

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

No I didn't read the whole report and didn't mean to imply I did. I spent 30 minutes reading different sections. Think I got a pretty good picture and was disgusted.

And I'm very pleased we have another ZH reader on the site. According to my laptop, it's my number 1 most visited site.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

No I didn't read the whole report and didn't mean to imply I did. I spent 30 minutes reading different sections. Think I got a pretty good picture and was disgusted.

haha obviously Tim. I was just joking. It took me nearly all day to read the whole thing - on and off at work. It's disturbing and the type of conspiracy type cover up that everyone fears money causes. Janitors were fearing for their jobs and safety if they exposed Sandusky - that looks pretty bad on the University. That being said, everyone who thinks Joe Pa is just as bad as Sandusky in this is borderline retarded.

Timetopay

EOG Master

Its a very fine line TH

A lot of times victims grow up and are as upset with the people who knew who didnt do anything than the people who caused the act.

They view the person as mental but dont understand why people in their right mind would allow them to be tortured.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Its a very fine line TH

A lot of times victims grow up and are as upset with the people who knew who didnt do anything than the people who caused the act.

They view the person as mental but dont understand why people in their right mind would allow them to be tortured.

OK, but that doesn't mean the enabler is as bad as the actual person who committed the crime. To say otherwise is laughable and embarrassing. Joe Paterno's goal wasn't to hurt children and farm kids for Sandusky to rape - his goal was selfish, but it wasn't to hurt children. That was a result of his selfish attitude and the fact that he became an enabler. As I said in the other thread, it's very simply logic.

The enabler does not exist without the rapist (or whatever crime was committed). The rapist still exists without the enabler. To say the two are equal is an asinine statement.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated

Why doesn't the government go after the clergy as strong as they went against Penn State football? Does the Pope have more pull than Paterno?
As I recall in the documentary "deliver us from evil", the Catholic Church has spent over 0ne billion dollars in "settlements" with victims and or families of victims of clergy child abuse.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Irish Tim...If I was to believe other people, you would think that Notre Dame should be shut down because of acts perpetrated by priests and nuns....seems to me that people are taking it out on others and not the other way around...you cannot deny the good that Joe Paterno did during his lifetime...because of the magnitude of the program and the man itself, Joe Paterno's name is mud and whatever good he did is washed down the drain...if you go after Joe Pa, you must go after the Catholic Religion and its congregation...

Heim

EOG Master

This has always peaked my curiosity:

"It is strange that Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar never prosecuted
Jerry Sandusky on child-rape charges 13 years ago,
some speculate, because Gricar was known for being fiercely independent and hard on crime.

But it is even stranger that we cannot ask Gricar why Sandusky was not put behind bars, because the tough-as-nails district attorney disappeared in 2005. And though he was declared dead July of this year, his body has never been found."

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

It makes me sick reading these old threads and can't believe there are people that actually still believe JOE and PSU were involved in a cover up ( of course the second mile must have been In it too)

Well, I guees here is the fairy tail story you must belive

Enjoy

It's impossible to read this without just laughing out loud

Funny,....... but in a pathetic , sorta way

( I'm sure most of you wont read it, but will dig in, regarding your attacks )

Hasn't enough time past to put emotions aside and deal with the facts?

Cover up ??? Seriously ??
MAJOR RELEASE: 'Framing Paterno" Tells The Full Story of the PSU "Scandal"

Today I am releasing a free, online, "mini book" on the entire case. I am doing this from a unique stand point. I have spent months writing this story from the perspective of what you have to believe happened for you to accept the "conventional wisdom" of the case.
Hopefully, you will find this device to be both extremely informative as well as entertaining. It is the product of an enormous amount of work and I am very proud of it. It is obviously free (as everything I have done here has been) and so I ask is that you read it and share it with others who might be interested in the real truth of this matter.
The "book" is in three parts (there are links to the next section in each of the others).
Part one can be found here:
http://framingpaterno.com/perfect-sense-full-conventional-wisdom-narrati...
Part two is here:
Part three is here and includes a never before seen "interview" with Aaron Fisher ("Victim 1"):
Again, all I ask is that you read it with an open mind (understanding that it is a bit of a parody) and share it with others if you think it is worthy.
Thanks for your support.
John Ziegler
www.FramingPaterno.com