Report Findings....."Penn State had "total disregard" for child sex abuse victims"

JavyBaez9

EOG Master
Re: Report Findings....."Penn State had "total disregard" for child sex abuse victims"

Wow... timely was a child molestation apologist just to defend PSU football, which he has no business liking anyway since the only reason he latched on to PSU is to make believe that he had a baseball career in Happy Valley.

Timely's delusions about his baseball career are more important in his mind than the fact tons of kids were brutally raped at Penn State thanks in large part to the giant cover up.

High Times

EOG Master
Re: Report Findings....."Penn State had "total disregard" for child sex abuse victims"

They will erase all of this over time..................

One day the entire public will once again think JoePa was a nice man....

:shoot:

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

They will erase all of this over time..................

One day the entire public will once again think JoePa was a nice man....

:shoot:

If you mean the truth will be told, yes, it will happen. Joe was always a nice man, but what will be proven is the fact that there was no cover up by him, or anyone else's PSU

Whatever you do, don't read what I posted, it might spoil your hate

Kleuger

EOG Senior Member

If you mean the truth will be told, yes, it will happen. Joe was always a nice man, but what will be proven is the fact that there was no cover up by him, or anyone else's PSU

Forget this idea of a cover up.

Instead focus on what Paterno (and Penn State's inactions) did.

Children were raped at Penn State while a PSU assistant coach watched.

What exactly did Joe Paterno do?

Oh yeah, he told his bosses.

And what did they do?

Nothing.

Too bad Joe didn't have more conviction to do something a tad bit stronger.

Sandusky then went on to rape 3 more boys at a high school he coached at.

Again, no cover up. But it would have been nice if Paterno had a spine and some courage to do the right thing beyond the legal minimum.

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

Forget this idea of a cover up.

Instead focus on what Paterno (and Penn State's inactions) did.

Children were raped at Penn State while a PSU assistant coach watched.

What exactly did Joe Paterno do?

Oh yeah, he told his bosses.

And what did they do?

Nothing.

Too bad Joe didn't have more conviction to do something a tad bit stronger.

Sandusky then went on to rape 3 more boys at a high school he coached at.

Again, no cover up. But it would have been nice if Paterno had a spine and some courage to do the right thing beyond the legal minimum.

No one was raped on the PSU campus. Joe was told about some horsing around and it was reported .

It was no big deal at the time, since nothing happened

Im glad you agree there was no cover up , except lots of people have been damaged because of that false narrative that was tossed around. The statue needs to go back up, and Joe honored properly.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

No one was raped on the PSU campus. Joe was told about some horsing around and it was reported .

Im glad you agree there was no cover up , except lots of people have been damaged because of that false narrative that was tossed around. The statue needs to go back up, and Joe honored properly.

Joe Paterno will be remembered exactly as he should be.

As a great football coach, but a below average human being. Sucks that this is the truth as I really really loved the guy before this all came out, but it is the way it is.

Kleuger

EOG Senior Member

Are you insane?

McQueary testified under oath, and Sandusky was CONVICTED of raping a child in the showers of the Penn State lockerroom.

So, your definition of "horsing around" is a grown man raping a boy anally?

Kleuger

EOG Senior Member

Joe Paterno will be remembered exactly as he should be.

As a great football coach, but a below average human being. Sucks that this is the truth as I really really loved the guy before this all came out, but it is the way it is.

Exactly.

He tarnished his legacy for doing nothing while a child was raped.

Kleuger

EOG Senior Member

This is McQueary's actual testimony you fuckwit:

"I would have said that Jerry was in there in very close proximity to a boy with his arms wrapped around him. I said I heard slapping sounds. I described it was extremely sexual and that some kind of intercourse was going on. ... There's no question in my mind that I conveyed to them that I saw Jerry in the showers and that it was severe acts and that it was wrong and over the line."

Listen you fuckwit. Sandusky raped that kid on Penn State's campus. Whether you want to admit it or not, one of your own testified to that fact.

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

This is McQueary's actual testimony you fuckwit:

"I would have said that Jerry was in there in very close proximity to a boy with his arms wrapped around him. I said I heard slapping sounds. I described it was extremely sexual and that some kind of intercourse was going on. ... There's no question in my mind that I conveyed to them that I saw Jerry in the showers and that it was severe acts and that it was wrong and over the line."

Listen you fuckwit. Sandusky raped that kid on Penn State's campus. Whether you want to admit it or not, one of your own testified to that fact.

Except Mcqueary changed his story 1000 times!! The guy has zero credibility . He was a pervert, and a compulsive gambler You do realize Jerry was found not guilty of any rape charges regarding that incident

Of course they can't even get the kids age right, but whatever

— Victim 2: A boy of about 10 that a graduate assistant, Mike McQueary, has said he saw being attacked by Sandusky in the team showers in February 2001. Investigators have not been able to determine the boy's identity. McQueary reported what he saw to head coach Joe Paterno, and Paterno's handling of it contributed to the university's decision to fire him shortly after Sandusky was arrested in November. Sandusky was found guilty of indecent assault, unlawful contact with minor, corruption of minors, endangering a child's welfare. He was acquitted of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/22/breakdown-sandusky-verdicts-by-victim/

here is your "victim " defending Jerry in the newspaper http://www.framingpaterno.com/sites/default/files/allanmyerslettertoeditor.pdf

http://www.lockhaven.com/page/content.detail/id/531468/Listen-to-Matt.html?nav=5006

NO COVER UP, NO RAPE,

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

Aaron Fisher is the first, primary, and only accuser (for two years) in the "Penn State Scandal." This past weekend he, his fiancé, and his mother all went on vacation (perhaps to celebrate the third anniversary of the Freeh Report, which has been very lucrative for them). In their hotel room, Aaron posed for a photo which was later posted on Facebook.
If a normal picture is worth a thousand words, this one is worth a full book...

Please ask yourself just one question: Is this photo consistent with Aaron Fisher's already nonsensical and ever-changing story of being a three-year victim of horrific sex abuse, which has no hard evidence (or even actual dates) supporting it?
It is obvious that this photo (or at least the middle finger) was specifically intended for this website, so I am happy to oblige Aaron. After all, if there is one thing I have learned from this story, it is that "victims" of child sex abuse should be accommodated in every possible way.

JZ

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

Sorry if you believed in the tooth fairy and Santa Claus

Some Charges Against PSU Officials Dismissed

http://wnep.com/2016/01/22/some-charges-against-psu-officials-dismissed/

from John Z

"Sandusky was convicted largely on bizarre premise PSU helped him cover it up. Now that NCAA & courts deny this can we PLEASE take 2nd look?!"

To review, NCAA sanctions vs PSU 100% reversed & charges vs PSU3 are dropped. But there's 0 way the media screwed up rest of this story too!

Bfo

EOG Addicted

Sorry if you believed in the tooth fairy and Santa Claus

Some Charges Against PSU Officials Dismissed

http://wnep.com/2016/01/22/some-charges-against-psu-officials-dismissed/

from John Z

"Sandusky was convicted largely on bizarre premise PSU helped him cover it up. Now that NCAA & courts deny this can we PLEASE take 2nd look?!"

To review, NCAA sanctions vs PSU 100% reversed & charges vs PSU3 are dropped. But there's 0 way the media screwed up rest of this story too!

They were dismissed on a technicality, not found innocent in any way. The 3 Stooges will still see their day in court someday.

Its all immaterial at this point anyway. JoePoo knew and did nothing about it all in attempt to protect the image of his phony grand experiment. PSU will forever be known as Ped St.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Timely is a child rape apologist. Not a surprise looking at him. Definitely has a creepy uncle look.

ChuckyG

EOG Master

Looks like Aaron Fisher took the $$ and ran.

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

Sure, its only been 4 years, and no trial .. Maybe after 10, they may find some evidence

Bfo

EOG Addicted

Sure, its only been 4 years, and no trial .. Maybe after 10, they may find some evidence

So what's it like being a member of a cult?

Bfo

EOG Addicted

Bump

Where are you at now, dipshit?

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated

From NY Times last week in case you missed it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/28/sports/ncaafootball/mike-mcqueary-penn-state-verdict.html?_r=0

Jury awards $7.3 million to Mike McQueary...

A Pennsylvania jury on Thursday, in a defamation case against
Penn State University, awarded $7.3 million to Mike McQueary, the former assistant football coach who in 2001 told Coach Joe Paterno that he had witnessed Jerry Sandusky sexually abusing a child in the locker room shower.The jury, which deliberated for about four hours, found that Penn State had defamed McQueary with a statement in 2011 defending its former athletic director and vice president against a charge of perjury related to what McQueary said he had told them about Sandusky, a longtime defensive coordinator at Penn State.
Judge Thomas Gavin, who presided in the case, still has to rule on McQueary’s accusation that Penn State retaliated against him after he testified at Sandusky’s 2012 trial. McQueary was not allowed to coach at Penn State’s first game after Paterno was fired in connection with the scandal, in 2011, and McQueary’s contract was not renewed.
Even before Thursday’s ruling, the scandal had already cost Penn State well over $100 million in N.C.A.A. penalties, legal fees and settlements to victims of Sandusky’s sexual abuse. Sandusky was convicted in 2012 of sexually abusing 10 boys and was sentenced to 30 to 60 years in prison.
McQueary testified to a grand jury in 2010 that in 2001 he told Paterno, and later Athletic Director Tim Curley and the university vice president Gary Schultz, that he had witnessed the abuse. The testimony helped prosecutors eventually charge Sandusky, who is now 72.
The Pennsylvania attorney general subsequently charged Curley and Schultz with perjury after they told a grand jury that McQueary did not tell them Sandusky had committed something as serious as sexual abuse. The perjury charge was dismissed, but Schultz, Curley and Graham B. Spanier, the former university president, still face criminal charges of failure to report suspected child abuse and endangering the welfare of children.
McQueary, testifying at a hearing a month after the scandal came to light in 2011, provided the first public account of his reporting the abuse to Paterno.
At the time he witnessed the abuse, McQueary, who was a backup quarterback for Penn State in the mid-1990s, was a graduate assistant.
McQueary’s testimony in December 2011 helped show that Paterno, one of the most successful and beloved coaches in college football history, had heard that Sandusky had abused a boy at least a decade before Sandusky’s behavior became publicly known. Court documents released this summer showed that Paterno heard such an allegation as early as 1976.

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

EXCLUSIVE: Federal Report on Former Penn State President Concluded There Was No Cover-up

by John Ziegler | 7:53 am, March 13th, 2017

Next week, almost exactly six years after the “Jerry Sandusky Scandal” broke publicly with a grand jury leak to a local newspaper, three former Penn State administrators will finally go on trial for charges related to an alleged cover-up of child sex abuse. To a very large extent, all three, Graham Spanier, Tim Curley, and Gary Schultz, have already been convicted by the news media and the eagerness of some at Penn State University to save their own personal hides by taking blame for things that there is no evidence or logic indicating they ever happened.
Consequently, I believe (as do several others extremely close to the defense team) that there is a very good chance that they will be unfairly convicted. As was proven by the utterly nonsensical verdict in the civil trial of Mike McQueary (the former Penn State assistant football coach who finally claimed, ten years after the event happened, with the incorrect date/month/year, that he witnessed Sandusky sexually abusing a boy in a Penn State shower), the jury pool in Pennsylvania is just too polluted on this topic for justice to easily prevail.
While I have no connection to Penn State, for most of the past six years I have made the biggest mistake of my entire life/career and have investigated the whole case more thoroughly and objectively than anyone else of which I am aware. Among many things, I am the only person to extensively interview Sandusky himself on the record (for about six hours in prison, on two different occasions) and the only media person I know of who radically changed their mind about what really happened here, AGAINST their own self-interest.
I am absolutely positive that these Penn State administrators, all of whom had sterling reputations before the scandal broke and everyone’s incentives suddenly dramatically flipped, are totally innocent. In short, I see them as the guys who were responsible for the safety the Loch Ness in Scotland and are now charged with letting the Loch Ness Monster roam free. However, political factors and fear of the news media won’t allow them to even argue that there was never even any Loch Ness Monster to begin with (I am also quite confident, based on extensive direct and indirect communication with them, that all three agree that there was no “monster,” as do many other prominent people closely connected to the case).
There are many very good reasons that the case against these three is baseless. Foremost among them is that McQueary was never even remotely treated as the only witness in a cover-up would have been, and he never claimed to be part of one in his lawsuit against Penn State. Also, since Sandusky was already retired when that episode occurred, no one has ever explained what the even theoretical motive of this cover-up was. It is also important to point out that the only “evidence” of this “cover-up” comes in the form of a few very vague (and I believe grossly misunderstood) emails from their state-owned school addresses. Who the heck runs a child sex abuse cover-up exclusively by using a state-owned email server?!
But the biggest hole in the virtually non-existent prosecution case is that there is not even a trickle of evidence where at this point when, after all these years and investigations, there should be a flood. There is no better proof of that then the full report which the federal government did on this situation, which I obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request, and am releasing here, exclusively, for the first time.
When former Penn State president Graham Spanier was forced to resign just a couple of days after the explosive grand jury presentment in Sandusky’s case was leaked, he had a top secret security clearance with the federal government. It wasn’t just any security clearance either as he had an SCI (Sensitive Compartmented Information) designation which is about as high as civilian can go.
After the scandal broke, the federal government, understandably, immediately commenced an exhaustive six-month investigation into whether Spanier’s clearance should be terminated or renewed. The person charged with that task, FIS (Federal Investigative Services) special agent John Snedden interviewed nearly every key person in the case related to Penn State and found not a shred of evidence of any kind of cover-up, deception, or malfeasance. His report also unanimously recommended that Spanier’s clearance be renewed, which, without objection, it was.
Outrageously, former FBI Director Louis Freeh was directly told of this “verdict” just before he completed his “Freeh Report” which concluded that Penn State had indeed engaged in a cover-up here. Despite him obviously having intimate knowledge of the significance of this FIS result, Freeh made no mention of it in his report, obviously because it completely contradicted the conclusion which he wanted to come to and for which he was paid many millions of dollars by those remaining at Penn State who desperately needed a reason for why they fired/killed football legend Joe Paterno.
While the issue of Spanier’s security clearance has been reported on (but quickly forgotten) previously, here is the full report, which has never been made public:
Spanier High Level Clearance FBI Report – Redacted by LawNewz on Scribd

Here is the document proving that Spanier’s clearance was renewed on June 4th, 2012 (seen at the top of page two). The term “DISCO” refers to “Department of Defense/Defense Security Clearance/Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office”:
Spanier Security Renewal by LawNewz on Scribd

There are many extraordinary aspects of the report, though most will be lost on those who haven’t followed the case closely. Not only does Spanier get rave reviews from the two leaders of the Penn State board which fired him and the president who succeeded him, but he also does so from the now-former university counsel, Cynthia Baldwin, who would later mysteriously flip to being a prosecution witness, before being removed from the case entirely over attorney/client privilege issues.
However, the most important element of the report comes from the fact that Spanier’s two co-defendants, Curley and Schultz, were also interviewed extensively and praised him profusely. At first glance, this might not mean much, but in a rational world this ends any legitimacy to the theory that there was a conspiracy to cover-up child sex abuse crimes.
This is for several reasons. First, Curley and Schultz were also found to be highly credible by the FIS agent. Second, these are the only known interviews that either of them have ever given to anyone about this situation. Third, and most importantly, if there really was a conspiracy here, Curley and Schultz would NEVER have gone on the record with the federal government praising their former superior because it would have greatly curtailed their ability to throw him under the bus in the future in exchange for a plea bargain (the fact that none of the three have never even hinted at flipping on the other is further strong evidence that they are indeed innocent).
I have spoken expansively with the FIS agent Snedden (who is now retired after a long career as a FIS and NCIS special agent), though he was not the source of these documents. He is as positive as I am that there was no cover-up here, and he shares my strong belief that the ENTIRE case is in dire need of revisiting by the media and law enforcement. He was scheduled to do his first interview on my weekly podcast this week, but he is now on the defense witness list and Spanier’s lawyers, stupidly/naively trusting the legal system, urged him at the last second to not to speak publicly until after the trial.
My fear is that, as has happened so often in this case already, the full truth of this matter will only come out after innocent people have already been permanently damaged, and that no one will ever have the incentive to fix the harm caused by a false narrative in which almost everyone in power is now completely invested. That is why I have decided to release this information now.
[image screen grab via ABC News]
John Ziegler hosts a weekly podcast focusing on news media issues and is documentary filmmaker. You can follow him on Twitter at @ZigManFreud or email him at johnz@mediaite.com
http://lawnewz.com/opinion/exclusiv...te-president-concluded-there-was-no-cover-up/

This is an opinion piece. The views expressed in this article are those of just the author.

Valuist

EOG Master

Not a chance. He's rightfully tarnished forever. Not everyone is as delusional as Bruce.

But I guess in your world, winning college football games is top priority. Sick.

kane

EOG master

EXCLUSIVE: Federal Report on Former Penn State President Concluded There Was No Cover-up

by John Ziegler | 7:53 am, March 13th, 2017

Next week, almost exactly six years after the “Jerry Sandusky Scandal” broke publicly with a grand jury leak to a local newspaper, three former Penn State administrators will finally go on trial for charges related to an alleged cover-up of child sex abuse. To a very large extent, all three, Graham Spanier, Tim Curley, and Gary Schultz, have already been convicted by the news media and the eagerness of some at Penn State University to save their own personal hides by taking blame for things that there is no evidence or logic indicating they ever happened.
Consequently, I believe (as do several others extremely close to the defense team) that there is a very good chance that they will be unfairly convicted. As was proven by the utterly nonsensical verdict in the civil trial of Mike McQueary (the former Penn State assistant football coach who finally claimed, ten years after the event happened, with the incorrect date/month/year, that he witnessed Sandusky sexually abusing a boy in a Penn State shower), the jury pool in Pennsylvania is just too polluted on this topic for justice to easily prevail.
While I have no connection to Penn State, for most of the past six years I have made the biggest mistake of my entire life/career and have investigated the whole case more thoroughly and objectively than anyone else of which I am aware. Among many things, I am the only person to extensively interview Sandusky himself on the record (for about six hours in prison, on two different occasions) and the only media person I know of who radically changed their mind about what really happened here, AGAINST their own self-interest.
I am absolutely positive that these Penn State administrators, all of whom had sterling reputations before the scandal broke and everyone’s incentives suddenly dramatically flipped, are totally innocent. In short, I see them as the guys who were responsible for the safety the Loch Ness in Scotland and are now charged with letting the Loch Ness Monster roam free. However, political factors and fear of the news media won’t allow them to even argue that there was never even any Loch Ness Monster to begin with (I am also quite confident, based on extensive direct and indirect communication with them, that all three agree that there was no “monster,” as do many other prominent people closely connected to the case).
There are many very good reasons that the case against these three is baseless. Foremost among them is that McQueary was never even remotely treated as the only witness in a cover-up would have been, and he never claimed to be part of one in his lawsuit against Penn State. Also, since Sandusky was already retired when that episode occurred, no one has ever explained what the even theoretical motive of this cover-up was. It is also important to point out that the only “evidence” of this “cover-up” comes in the form of a few very vague (and I believe grossly misunderstood) emails from their state-owned school addresses. Who the heck runs a child sex abuse cover-up exclusively by using a state-owned email server?!
But the biggest hole in the virtually non-existent prosecution case is that there is not even a trickle of evidence where at this point when, after all these years and investigations, there should be a flood. There is no better proof of that then the full report which the federal government did on this situation, which I obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request, and am releasing here, exclusively, for the first time.
When former Penn State president Graham Spanier was forced to resign just a couple of days after the explosive grand jury presentment in Sandusky’s case was leaked, he had a top secret security clearance with the federal government. It wasn’t just any security clearance either as he had an SCI (Sensitive Compartmented Information) designation which is about as high as civilian can go.
After the scandal broke, the federal government, understandably, immediately commenced an exhaustive six-month investigation into whether Spanier’s clearance should be terminated or renewed. The person charged with that task, FIS (Federal Investigative Services) special agent John Snedden interviewed nearly every key person in the case related to Penn State and found not a shred of evidence of any kind of cover-up, deception, or malfeasance. His report also unanimously recommended that Spanier’s clearance be renewed, which, without objection, it was.
Outrageously, former FBI Director Louis Freeh was directly told of this “verdict” just before he completed his “Freeh Report” which concluded that Penn State had indeed engaged in a cover-up here. Despite him obviously having intimate knowledge of the significance of this FIS result, Freeh made no mention of it in his report, obviously because it completely contradicted the conclusion which he wanted to come to and for which he was paid many millions of dollars by those remaining at Penn State who desperately needed a reason for why they fired/killed football legend Joe Paterno.
While the issue of Spanier’s security clearance has been reported on (but quickly forgotten) previously, here is the full report, which has never been made public:
Spanier High Level Clearance FBI Report – Redacted by LawNewz on Scribd

Here is the document proving that Spanier’s clearance was renewed on June 4th, 2012 (seen at the top of page two). The term “DISCO” refers to “Department of Defense/Defense Security Clearance/Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office”:
Spanier Security Renewal by LawNewz on Scribd

There are many extraordinary aspects of the report, though most will be lost on those who haven’t followed the case closely. Not only does Spanier get rave reviews from the two leaders of the Penn State board which fired him and the president who succeeded him, but he also does so from the now-former university counsel, Cynthia Baldwin, who would later mysteriously flip to being a prosecution witness, before being removed from the case entirely over attorney/client privilege issues.
However, the most important element of the report comes from the fact that Spanier’s two co-defendants, Curley and Schultz, were also interviewed extensively and praised him profusely. At first glance, this might not mean much, but in a rational world this ends any legitimacy to the theory that there was a conspiracy to cover-up child sex abuse crimes.
This is for several reasons. First, Curley and Schultz were also found to be highly credible by the FIS agent. Second, these are the only known interviews that either of them have ever given to anyone about this situation. Third, and most importantly, if there really was a conspiracy here, Curley and Schultz would NEVER have gone on the record with the federal government praising their former superior because it would have greatly curtailed their ability to throw him under the bus in the future in exchange for a plea bargain (the fact that none of the three have never even hinted at flipping on the other is further strong evidence that they are indeed innocent).
I have spoken expansively with the FIS agent Snedden (who is now retired after a long career as a FIS and NCIS special agent), though he was not the source of these documents. He is as positive as I am that there was no cover-up here, and he shares my strong belief that the ENTIRE case is in dire need of revisiting by the media and law enforcement. He was scheduled to do his first interview on my weekly podcast this week, but he is now on the defense witness list and Spanier’s lawyers, stupidly/naively trusting the legal system, urged him at the last second to not to speak publicly until after the trial.
My fear is that, as has happened so often in this case already, the full truth of this matter will only come out after innocent people have already been permanently damaged, and that no one will ever have the incentive to fix the harm caused by a false narrative in which almost everyone in power is now completely invested. That is why I have decided to release this information now.
[image screen grab via ABC News]
John Ziegler hosts a weekly podcast focusing on news media issues and is documentary filmmaker. You can follow him on Twitter at @ZigManFreud or email him at johnz@mediaite.com
http://lawnewz.com/opinion/exclusiv...te-president-concluded-there-was-no-cover-up/

This is an opinion piece. The views expressed in this article are those of just the author.

I bet John Ziegler's opinion would be different if it was one of his sons getting anally raped while Paterno stood by and did nothing

kane

EOG master

Bruce, I believe the boys who said Sandusky molested them, if you choose not too that's your right

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

Should not be allowed a CFB playoff game for next 19 years

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

Bruce, I believe the boys who said Sandusky molested them, if you choose not too that's your right

No problem , If you have done your homework and that's what you believe

I hope you would at least have an open enough mind to read the article I posted

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

someone else can read

Big Trial | Philadelphia Trial Blog Giving readers an unvarnished, uncensored, insider's view of the biggest courtroom drama

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Special Agent Who Investigated Spanier Blows Up Case

[TABLE="class: tr-caption-container"]

[TD="align: center"]

[/TD]

[TD="class: tr-caption, align: center"]FIS Special Agent John Snedden[/TD]

[/TABLE]
By Ralph Cipriano
for BigTrial.net

What if everything you thought you knew about the so-called Penn State sex abuse scandal wasn't true?

http://www.bigtrial.net/2017/03/special-agent-who-investigated-spanier.html?m=1

Don Eagleston

EOG Addicted

Don't forget that Syracuse skated on basically similar facts only because NY has too short a statute of limitations on such crimes. Meanwhile, Jimmy Bo's team got to play in the Final Four last year and complain about a no bid this year. Jimmy's had a fine coaching career but he has escaped a number of scandals with little punishment.

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

Now a book? Is this the start of the great awakening ? Nah, probably just another child molester fan

The Repressed Memories Of Victim No. 7 In The Sandusky Case

Editor's Note: On May 11, 2017, Dustin Struble is scheduled to testify in a hearing before Judge John Foradora in a Bellefonte, PA, courthouse. He is known as “Victim 7” in the Jerry Sandusky case.

Investigator and science writer Mark Pendergrast is near completion of a book on the Sandusky case, The Most Hated Man in America: Jerry Sandusky and the Rush to Judgment, which will be published late in 2017. Because he thinks that some of the information he has unearthed is important to reveal now, he has allowed BigTrial.net to publish excerpts from it.
By Mark Pendergast
for BigTrial.net

Dustin Struble, Victim Number 7

Dustin Struble (eventually to be labeled “Victim Number 7”), born on October 10, 1984, was two years older than Zachary Konstas [the boy in the 1998 Sandusky shower incident]. The two had been friends since their Second Mile days. The police contacted Struble in January of 2011, and after his second interview with police, he told them that he was entering psychotherapy on February 22, 2011. Konstas would subsequently ask about Struble’s counseling experience during phone calls. He wanted to know if he had “remembered anything more”, indicating that Struble was in the process of recovering memories during therapy.[1] From the context, it is likely that Konstas was also trying to “remember” more during therapy sessions of his own.

Dustin Struble grew up with both parents and two sisters in Milesburg, Pennsylvania. He was referred to the Second Mile program by a guidance counselor in 1995 and attended three Second Mile camps for three consecutive summers, beginning that year. He said that he loved the experience, and he got to know Jerry Sandusky, occasionally spending the night at the Sandusky home.

In 2004, Struble wrote in his own handwriting on an application for a scholarship from Second Mile, “Jerry Sandusky, he has helped me understand so much about myself. He is such a kind and caring gentleman, and I will never forget him.” Struble attended Penn State football games and tailgating parties every year for fourteen years with the Sanduskys, until he was twenty-five.

On April 11, 2011, Struble testified at the Sandusky grand jury proceeding. He said nothing about bear hugs, hair washing, or being dried off in the shower. He said that Sandusky had put his hand on his waistband, but “I can say he never went the whole way down and grabbed anything.”[2] · He denied that Sandusky had kissed him and said that Sandusky had never touched his privates or fondled him at all over his clothes. Indeed, Struble said that Sandusky had never had any physical contact with him at all in the shower. When he did shower with Sandusky, also present were “other assistant coaches or players or there was a couple random people that were in there from time to time….they would just be passing through and say hi…”

After his grand jury testimony, Struble signed a contingency agreement with State College, PA, attorney Andrew Shubin, meaning that the lawyer would only be paid if Struble received compensation. Lawyers in such cases typically receive from 33 to 40 percent of the total payment.[3] Before the June 2012 trial, Struble met with Shubin from ten to fifteen times. During his trial testimony, he claimed not to know the contents of the contingency agreement he had signed.

As late as January 2012, Struble apparently was still ambivalent about his feelings for Sandusky. That month, when he ran into Todd Reed, a Sandusky protégé and supporter, he told Reed that he and his friend Zach Kontas were both “very shocked” by the allegations and that “Zach was crying on the phone [with Dustin Struble] because he was upset about Jerry Sandusky and this situation….Zach was upset because his mom was pushing Zach to accuse Jerry.”[4]https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=8876661997317409023#_edn4

By the time of the trial, Struble had changed his story, asserting that Sandusky gave him bear hugs, washed his hair in the shower, and then dried him off. He said that he had only disclosed these detailed to his attorneys and prosecutor Joe McGettigan a few months before the trial. Now he testified that Sandusky put his hand down his pants and touched his penis in the car, that Sandusky had grabbed him in the shower and pushed the front of his body up against the back of Dustin’s body, that Sandusky had touched his nipples and blown on his stomach. Now he said that that he never saw anybody else in the shower area, implying that he and Sandusky were alone there.

Defense attorney Joe Amendola challenged Struble, asking why he had changed his testimony so radically since the previous year.

Amendola: But today now you recall that he put his hand down pants, Mr. Sandusky [did], and grabbed your penis?

Struble: Yes. That doorway that I had closed has since been reopening more. More things have been coming back and things have changed since that grand jury testimony. Through counseling and different things, I can remember a lot more detail that I had pushed aside than I did at that point.[5]https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=8876661997317409023#_edn5

Struble went on to explain more about how his repressed memories had returned in therapy.

“Through counseling and through talking about different events, through talking about things in my past, different things triggered different memories and have had more things come back, and it’s changed a lot about what I can remember today and what I could remember before, because I had everything negative blocked out. Now with the grand jury testimony was when I was just starting to open up that door, so to speak.”[6]https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=8876661997317409023#_edn6

Further defending his changed testimony, Struble explained: “No, that testimony is what I had recalled at that time. Through – again, through counseling, through talking about things, I have remembered a great deal more things that I blocked out. And at that time, that was, yes, that’s what I thought but at this time that has changed.”[7]https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=8876661997317409023#_edn7

During his testimony, Struble also revealed that he and Zachary Konstas had talked about how the repressed memory therapy was going. “Zach would ask me sort of what happened to me almost -- I feel so that he could confide in me. But he had asked me if I remembered anything more, if counseling was helping, just all kinds of random things.”[8]https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=8876661997317409023#_edn8

When prosecutor McGettigan asked Struble why he hadn’t disclosed Sandusky’s abuse to the police during his first or second interrogation, Struble explained: “I had sort of blocked out that part of my life. Obviously, going to footballs games and those kind of things, I had chose sort of to keep out in the open, so to speak. And then the more negative things, I had sort of pushed into the back of my mind, sort of like closing a door, closing—putting stuff in the attic and closing the door to it. That’s what I feel like I did.”[9]https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=8876661997317409023#_edn9

Dustin Struble was the only alleged Sandusky victim who agreed to speak to me on the record. In October 2014, I spoke with him at length in his home in State College, Pennsylvania, with follow-up by email and phone, and he verified that he had recovered memories of abuse and that he thought the door to his abuse memories was still only part-way open. He remained in therapy with Cindy McNab at The Highlands in State College.

“Actually both of my therapists have suggested that I have repressed memories, and that’s why we have been working on looking back on my life for triggers. My therapist has suggested that I may still have more repressed memories that have yet to be revealed, and this could be a big cause of the depression that I still carry today. We are still currently working on that.”[10]

I tried to clarify how his memories came back, asking whether that happened during therapy sessions and whether his therapist used any form of trance work. No, he said, “the memories come back instantly but fragmented, almost like a light bulb going off in your mind but with a sick feeling accompanying it. Most of these triggers occur at random places/times and are utterly unexpected. For me it feels like a giant puzzle that I seemingly stumble into key pieces. However, I feel like there are a few more missing pieces that are needed to solve this particular puzzle. When these events happen, I do discuss them with my therapist most of the time.”[11]https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=8876661997317409023#_edn11

Late in 2013, Struble and four or five other alleged Sandusky victims met for weekly group therapy sessions over a three month period, which Struble found particularly validating and helpful in terms of triggering new memories. “That helped me go back and confront memories from the past. It had a big impact on me, hearing people echo what I couldn’t put into words.”[12]https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=8876661997317409023#_edn12

I have to say that I liked Dustin Struble, who had just turned thirty, had bought a new house and car with the compensation money he had received from Penn State, and was planning to get married the following year. Bored at home, he went back to working part-time as a cook at the Eat’nPark restaurant. He considered himself an introvert and still struggled with depression. He used to smoke a lot of marijuana but stopped after he was arrested for selling it, and then he lost most of his friends when the police coerced him into taking part in a sting operation. “I take legal drugs now,” he said. “I was on six but now just four -- Selexa is an anti-depressant, Xanax for anxiety, Aderal for ADHD, and Ambion to sleep at night.”[13]https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=8876661997317409023#_edn13

It was very clear that Struble, a personable but troubled young man, now truly believed that Sandusky had abused him, based on his recovered memories. I asked what he would have told me about Jerry Sandusky if I had asked him in 2010. “I would have said I went to games with him and that we were friends. At that point I was completely shut off to the negative aspects of it, wasn’t even aware of them really.”[14]https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=8876661997317409023#_edn14

End of excerpt from The Most Hated Man in America: Jerry Sandusky and the Rush to Judgment. Below is an email Mark Pendergrast sent to Dustin Struble a year later, but he never responded to it:

July 2, 2015, email Hi, Dustin – I am so glad that you are willing to read Victims of Memory and I mailed it to you today by priority mail. I hope it gets there before you leave for your honeymoon. In my cover letter, you’ll see I suggested that you start with Chapters 2 and 3, but I’m thinking that Chapter 1 is also very important because it explains how the repressed memory fad began in the 1980s and what the most important books supporting the idea of repressed memories were at that time, such as The Courage to Heal, so I suggest you start with it. Here are some quick summary points for you to consider:

Sigmund Freud made this theory up (of repressed sexual abuse memories) in 1895, then changed his mind about it two years later, but the theory just won’t go away. Most people still believe that humans can “repress” traumatic childhood memories and then “remember” them years later.
In fact, memory science tells us that people tend to remember traumatic events better than other events in their lives. They may not remember them in perfect detail, but they do not completely forget abusive incidents that were perceived as traumatic at the time.

Repressed memory therapy became a fad in the USA around 1988-1998, but it was debunked by memory scientists, researchers, professional associations, and many court cases.

But repressed memory therapy did not go away, it just went quietly underground. Many therapists still believe in this theory and encourage clients to “remember” and believe in illusory abuse memories. These therapists are not “bad” people. They truly believe they are doing good.

People can come to believe in very detailed memories of sexual abuse even though the abuse never occurred. Often therapists or their clients build on things that really did happen, such as a shower or wrestling around or a bedtime goodnight, and they get people to visualize additional things that did not happen during that shower, wrestling around, or saying goodnight, etc.

All memory is imperfect and subject to distortion, even without influential therapy. We all tend to revise our memories to fit our current beliefs and emotions. That could account for Mike McQueary’s changed memory of the shower scene, ten years after the fact, when he visualized seeing Jerry Sandusky behind a boy against the wall, when in fact that is not what he told Dr. Dranov or his father at the time of the incident. At that time, he just said he heard slapping sounds that he interpreted as being sexual, then saw Jerry and a boy walking out of the shower.

I know that you remain convinced that seeing the mesh shorts and t-shirt triggered a real repressed abuse memory, as did seeing a man with lots of curly grey chest hair. And this “explains” why you hated chest hair and shaved yours when you were in your late teens.

But consider that there is an alternative explanation that involves self-fulfilling expectations. You were in a state of extreme emotional agitation and were convinced that Jerry must have abused you, and you had come to believe in the theory of repressed memories. In such a state of heightened expectation, it is not surprising that were “triggered” by mesh clothing. I don’t know why you shaved your chest hair, but this is the sort of “proof” that isn’t really proof, such as the woman I wrote about in Victims of Memory who didn’t like pickles and took that as evidence that she had been raped because pickles were like penises.

The bottom line is that it is unlikely that people can or do “repress” traumatic memories. They remember them all too well. They may not remember incidents in great detail, but they certainly do not consider someone to be a good friend and then discover, to their horror, that this person had sexually abused them for years without their conscious awareness.

There are many other well-researched books about the issue of repressed memories, such as Remembering Trauma, by Richard McNally, The Myth of Repressed Memory, by Elizabeth Loftus, Making Monsters, by Richard Ofshe, and Try to Remember, by Paul McHugh. Also, Daniel Schacter has written some good books on memory in general, such as The Seven Sins of Memory: How the Mind Remembers and Forgets.

Take care, Dustin, and good luck on your journey towards truth and healing.
--Mark Pendergrast

For more information on Pendergrast and his books, see www.markpendergrast.com.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

Breath Bruce.

kane

EOG master

Hey Bruce, take your Sandusky bullshit and shove it up your ass. I've never seen anyone in my life who loves and defends child molesters as much as you, you're a fucking worthless piece of shit. Go take your bullshit to another forum jackoff. Fucking scumbag, I wish John would ban your creepy ass, you add nothing to this place other than your love of child rapists, fuck you

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

Exactly why this whole mess happened . Its impossible to even discuss without the personal attacks . Imagine the people in the public eye trying to speak up, even when they know the truth .

They get destroyed .

Me I don't give a shit . I'm just posting updates on the case, and let the facts speak for itself

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

Just keeping evryone updated and making some new friends

Big Trial | Philadelphia Trial Blog Giving readers an unvarnished, uncensored, insider's view of the biggest courtroom dramas.

Friday, June 2, 2017

Prosecutors In Graham Spanier Case Howling For Blood

By Ralph Cipriano
for BigTrial.net

The prosecutors in the Graham Spanier case have lost it.

In a 14-page sentencing memorandum filed May 31, the state Attorney General's office wants to punish one of their own cooperating witnesses for memory lapses on the witness stand. The prosecutors also want former Penn State President Graham Spanier thrown in jail for committing the first-degree misdemeanor offense of endangering the welfare of a child.

Why are the prosecutors howling for blood? In their sentencing memorandum, the state attorney general's office blames the actions of bloggers and and the politically incorrect comments of the defenders of the Penn State administrators accused of covering up the sex crimes of Jerry Sandusky.

In the sentencing memorandum, the AG's office states that Sandusky's victims have been "sentenced to a lifetime of tortured memories that all victims of child sexual assault carry with them." And that those victims are "haunted regularly by feelings of pain, fear, self-blame, disgust and shame."

"These feelings have been compounded by the supporters of these defendants who refer to these young men as 'so-called victims' and frauds who are only out for money," write Chief Deputy Attorney General Laura Ann Ditka and Deputy Attorney General Patrick J. Schulte.

Then, the AG's office started pitching red meat.

"During the dependency of these proceedings, [the victims'] lives have been marred by conspiracy bloggers showing up on their property to harass them, publishing photographs of their automobiles on social media, and revealing their identities," the prosecutors wrote. "The vibrancy and hopefulness of those children before they were molested by Sandusky can never be restored. Physical injuries heal but the emotional scars left behind by sexual abuse last forever."

Are you getting this? The insanity of the Penn State case is so over-the-top that the prosecutors are appealing to the judge to put Spanier in jail [and maybe one of their cooperating witnesses as well] because of the actions of bloggers in the case.

And the politically incorrect words of Spanier's supporters like former Penn State trustee Al Lord, the former CEO of Sallie Mae, who famously declared that he was "running out of sympathy for 35 so-called victims with 7-digit net worth."

In Lord's defense, that's what happens when some 30 so-called victims at Penn State collect $93 million in cash for their alleged suffering. And the university's board of trustees abrogates their fiduciary responsibility by handing out that cash without having any lawyers or psychologists question any of the plaintiffs, to see if they're telling the truth. And if they deserve that kind of money.

Lord subsequently apologized, which is the standard procedure in American society these days for anyone who dares to call into question a sacred cow.

But there are a lot of sacred cows running through the so-called Penn State sex scandal.

Memo to the attorney general's office: During the Penn State scandal, the mainstream media has abandoned its traditional role as watchdogs, in favor of functioning as cheerleaders and agents active on behalf of the prosecution.

That's why we need bloggers on this case.

First of all, as this blog has repeatedly pointed out during the Archdiocese of Philadelphia sex abuse case, any media policy that hangs out to dry the alleged defendants in a criminal case, but protects the identity of the alleged victims in that same case, is blatant discrimination. Such a policy immediately telegraphs to the news consumer that one party is guilty and the other party in that same contest where guilt or innocence has not yet been determined, is as pure as the driven snow.

It's a titled playing field, and in any sane world, the media would be reexamining that policy. Especially in the light of the so-called "Billy Doe" case, where a former altar boy who claimed he was raped by two Catholic priests and a Catholic school teacher has been revealed to be a complete fraud.

In that case, Joe Walsh, a retired detective who led the Philadelphia district attorney's investigation into the altar boy's allegations, came forward last month to file in court a 12-page affidavit that reveals that the former altar boy, Danny Gallagher, admitted he lied to Walsh about his original allegations of brutal rape.

Walsh also revealed that he repeatedly questioned Gallagher, and caught him in many lies, none of which was ever reported to the defense. And that when Walsh repeatedly told the prosecutor in the case, former Assistant Mariana Sorensen, that Gallagher wasn't credible, she allegedly replied, "You're killing my case."

But what has been the reaction by the media to the Walsh bombshell? The Philadelphia Inquirer, which has published 59 Billy Doe got raped stories has ignored it. As has Rolling Stone, which published a long Billy Doe got raped story by noted fiction writer Sabrina Rubin Erderly, but hasn't gotten around to retracting it. Like they did with Erderly's previous story about an alleged gang rape that never really happened at a University of Virginia frat house.

That's why we need bloggers.

In the case of Billy Doe/Danny Gallagher, when he came to court to testify, the former altar boy was identified at two criminal trials by his real name. And then the media, in a misguided act of self-censorship, didn't publish Gallagher's real name, but kept calling him Billy Doe. Even after he was revealed to be a fraud.

In the Spanier case, however, all the judge and all the lawyers in the case got into the act, imposing official censorship policies, even though the witness in question was a grown man.

The only alleged victim to testify at the Spanier case was Michal Kajak, a 28-year-old previously identified in the Jerry Sandusky case as "Victim No. 5."

In the Spanier case, Kajak was sworn in as a witness behind closed doors in the chambers of Judge John Boccabella. Then, when the witness came out to testify, the judge introduced Kajak to the jury as "John Doe," and the lawyers in the case questioned him as such.

While this circus was proceeding, the judge had extra deputies posted around the courtroom, to make sure that no blogger used their cellphone to take photos or video of the celebrity witness who was getting preferential treatment.

The whole point of John Doe's trip to the witness stand was to tell the jury that Kajak/John Doe was sexually abused in the Penn State showers after Mike McQueary made his famous visit there.

While extra deputies patrolled the courtroom, the sobbing witness told the jury that he was sexually abused by Jerry Sandusky after the famous Mike McQueary shower incident. But the jury wasn't told what the sex abuse was. It wasn't rape; Sandusky allegedly soaped the boy up in the shower and may have touched his penis.

The jury also wasn't told that because of the alleged abuse, Kajak collected in a civil settlement $8 million.

Which is why he was driving that brand new BMW to the courthouse in the photo posted by blogger John Ziegler.

Kajak, AKA Victim No. 5 or John Doe, also gave four different dates for his alleged abuse in the shower with Jerry – in 1998, when he was 10 years old; in 2000 when he was 12; in 2001, before 9/11, when he was 13; and finally in 2001 after 9/11, when he would have been 14.

But because Kajak was a sacred cow, as certified by the judge in the secrecy and hoopla that accompanied Kajak's trip to the witness stand, the defense lawyers in the case were apparently too intimidated to even ask one question of the witness.

Spanier's defense lawyers didn't ask about the different dates, the nature of the alleged abuse, or the money he collected. Instead, those cowed defense lawyers told the judge and jury they didn't want to prolong the victim's suffering by subjecting him to cross-examination.

Like they would have done with any normal human being who was trying to put their client in jail.

That's how crazy things are in the Penn State case.

In their unhinged sentencing memorandum, the attorney general's office teed off on Graham Spanier for not showing the proper amount of remorse. And quite possibly for repeatedly turning down the plea bargain deal that his former co-defendants, Tim Curley and Gary Schultz took. And for daring to take the Commonwealth on in a trial, where he then curiously put on no defense.

"To date, Spanier has shown a stunning lack of remorse for his victims," the attorney general writes. "While he has made various expressions of sympathy for Sandusky's victims in his various public statements," the attorney general writes, "those statements have been completely divorced from taking any personal responsibility. Remorse without taking accountability is not remorse."

That's when the prosecutors screamed for blood.

"Nothing short of a sentence that includes a period of jail time would be an appropriate sentence for Graham Spanier," the AG writes. "The only proper sentence for Spanier would be a sentence at the high end of the standard range or aggravated range of the sentencing guidelines," the AG concludes. "There is simply nothing mitigating about the harm he has caused and the nature of his crime."

As far as the sentencing guidelines are concerned, in the mitigated range, Spanier, who has a clean record, was be subject to "restorative sanctions," presumably probation and/or fines.

The standard range is up to nine months total confinement. The aggravated range: 12 months.

Spanier, Curley and Schultz are scheduled to be sentenced this afternoon in Dauphin County Court, which should be a real show of frontier justice.

As for former Penn State Athletic Director Tim Curley, the AG wrote, "While Curley deserved credit of taking responsibility for his actions in the form of admitting his guilt, his repeated claims of memory lapses around critical events surrounding this crime was nothing short of bizarre."

"The Commonwealth asserts that the astonishing forgetfulness that Curley demonstrated during his testimony . . . was simply no credible," the AG wrote. The AG states that Curley's forgetfulness "was designed to protect those who deserved to share blame with Curley for the decisions that led to the colossal failure to protect children from Sandusky."

"His 'forgetfulness' also allowed him to save face in a room full of supporters who publicly called this trial a 'witch hunt' and [a] fraudulent prosecution," the AG wrote. "Mr. Curley's memory was markedly more clear in his statement to investigators a mere week before his testimony."

There is no truth but the official truth, the AG's office is saying. As promulgated by us. And since we can't punish the blasphemers, those bloggers and politically incorrect Penn State defenders who dared to speak out, let's take it out on the defendants.

"Thus, Curley needs to be punished in a manner commensurate with his participation in this crime," the AG writes.

As far as former Penn State VP Gary Schultz is concerned, "Schultz should be given for credit in terms of his willingness to accept responsibility by virtue of his guilty plea," the AG writes.

With all due apologies to the AG's office, this is a witch hunt you're conducting here.

The only remaining question is this afternoon in Dauphin County Court, the Honorable John Bocabella presiding, whether the witches will be burned at the stake.

Ralph Cipriano at 8:06 AM

kane

EOG master

John, please ban this piece of shit already, he adds nothing to this forum other than his love of child molesters, every post is the same bullshit, defending his hero Sandusky, this is truly a sick individual and he shouldn't have the privilege of being allowed to post here, thanks.

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

lol.. Just incredible how someone with a different viewpoint , who continues to post actual facts and supporting documents to make his case, must be banned

As I said, thats how this gross injustice can, and did take place. The entire case is toxic

Instead of banning someone,why not tell me the actual evidence you have that has made you so confident in your conspiricy chages to cover up ?

( even though they were fund not guilty of any of those chages, and the governments independent investiagtion called those charges laughable )

Of course that means that the Joe Paterno and the Paterno family are owed an apoligy, his statue put back up, and he shoudl be honered properly by the school HE BUILT

Lets start there , then we can talk about Jerry , fogetting about guilt or innocence, does the man deserve a new fair trial where actual evidence is presented?

For those following the case at home( and too afraid to speak up in the forums) here is JZ latest inteview regarding the sentencing

Lots of good stuff here for anyone who cares

http://www.thezone1059.com/drive-5-special-june-2/