Report: Lakers & Lue Working On Head Coach Deal...

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Lue is probably the best fit because they have worked together. It’s more important for Lue to get the most out of LBJ than others. The 2nd part (and more important) is how will they get another superstar.

LBJ doesn't need Lue, he needs a coach who knows how to respond to what is going on in front of him and mix and match lineups to get the most out of the Team Roster. Lue is not that guy, he just isn't; he does so much random shit that if you know the team really well, you're like, "What's he doing"... "Why is he doing this"... "Can someone explain to me the logic behind this,".... "Why isn't this guy playing,".... 'Why is he playing this guy right now,"... etc, etc.

This abortion is even better (worse) than when Kobe was there pulling his bullshit.

Its miraculous how the powers that be with the Lakers always seem to be able to find the ONE guy whom no one wants to play with to be their franchise guy.

Lakers could have shipped Kobe and kept Shaq and printed about 6 or 7 more rings. But nope they kept him and they got two more, wouldnt have gotten any if West hadnt given them Pao for whats his face. A trade that never should have been allowed to happen.

Going to be fun watching the Lakers be a lottery team for the next 2 or 3 years or however long Lebron stays before he leaves town. Best case scenario is they sell him a piece of the team and he is able to be a decision maker for the next 30 years. Then he will be a lot more like Mike than he wants to be I imagine.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
This abortion is even better (worse) than when Kobe was there pulling his bullshit.

Its miraculous how the powers that be with the Lakers always seem to be able to find the ONE guy whom no one wants to play with to be their franchise guy.

Lakers could have shipped Kobe and kept Shaq and printed about 6 or 7 more rings. But nope they kept him and they got two more, wouldnt have gotten any if West hadnt given them Pao for whats his face. A trade that never should have been allowed to happen.

Going to be fun watching the Lakers be a lottery team for the next 2 or 3 years or however long Lebron stays before he leaves town. Best case scenario is they sell him a piece of the team and he is able to be a decision maker for the next 30 years. Then he will be a lot more like Mike than he wants to be I imagine.

LMAO. After all this time you truly don't understand how good LBJ is. Not surprising, that's the sad part.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Alright Fellas, I love it when a plan comes together. Let's just hold the line and tell the Lakers, "No means No." We can do this as a collective.

A Lue non-hire is a win for LBJ Trolls around the world because it can't be used as anecdotal evidence of how dominant he was late in his career but I will gladly take the perceived "L" on this one because it's really win-win for all of us.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Why don't players want to play with him?
Why don't coaches want to coach him?
Why can't they get a GM?

STFU you fucking dummy. AD tried to move heaven and Earth to play w/ him; he's pretty good, huh?

JFC, save the BS for dummies like you. That shit don't fly here.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Why don't players want to play with him?
Why don't coaches want to coach him?
Why can't they get a GM?

Secondly, will you dumb shits make up your minds. First, he recruits all the best players to play with him to form 'Super Teams," which is fucking laughable btw and now no one wants to play w/him or coach him or be a GM. Where do you guys come up w/ this shit? Do you just make it up as you go along?

You may think you're trolling me but you're just exposing your own ignorance.

MrTop

EOG Master
Secondly, will you dumb shits make up your minds. First, he recruits all the best players to play with him to form 'Super Teams," which is fucking laughable btw and now no one wants to play w/him or coach him or be a GM. Where do you guys come up w/ this shit? Do you just make it up as you go along?

GM head faked the lakers . He wasn't giving them AD for nothing. He wanted a hershall walker deal. Lakers had nothing

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Who do you think they are getting for a 2nd superstar?

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Who do you think they are getting for a 2nd superstar?

If Durant leaves, they don't necesarrily need one. Don't be fooled by this years results. That was a really good team that got all fucked up becuase arguably, one of the possible heirs to LBJ's NBA Crown, AD, wanted to play w/ LBJ.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
When trying to digest some of the sillier opinions in this thread, keep in mind ..............

Was hoping posters like you could help w/ that I really don't know the NBA too well ...............

Very appropriate self-reflection, we'd have never guessed.

That said I want to be the bigger man and wish Brick good luck in the playoffs this year......

Oh wait, I forgot he's playing with the big boys now out west. His ass is at home! LOL. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

He may not see post-season again without some major help or a trip back east.

The race to be the all time turnover king continues......

We move on.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
When trying to digest some of the sillier opinions in this thread, keep in mind ..............

Very appropriate self-reflection, we'd have never guessed.

That said I want to be the bigger man and wish Brick good luck in the playoffs this year......

Oh wait, I forgot he's playing with the big boys now out west. His ass is at home! LOL. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

He may not see post-season again without some major help or a trip back east.

The race to be the all time turnover king continues......

We move on.

I don't know the NBA that well but with the stuff I do know, I haven't been off w/ an NBA observation in what seems like centuries. From LBJ to trades to Lue to #TheFirstCedi to Dell Demps to Kyrie, etc...

Help me out here and I'm being serious, where have I mistepped w/ an NBA observation?

Saying the Lakers ceiling was 2nd best team in the West (not the necesarrily the 2nd seed) by the time the Playoffs started? Let me give you a hint, after about 17 games in the NBA, you can get some really strong signals. They were a solid ass team that imploded; shit happens, oh well.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Well for starters you said if Durant leaves that alone would be enough for the Lakers to compete for a title?

I'm doing it from memory, is that being fair to what you said?

Only if he went to the Lakers, otherwise no chance. And I guarantee you that isn't going to happen.

Also that bit about Lakers the 2nd best team when the playoffs started......

Needless to say most are going to disagree strongly.

I got news for you, if Brick wants to win in LA he needs to figure out how to get in a Clippers jersey.

They will be the better team for the next decade or so at least. You heard it here first.

Last edited:

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Good call on Kyrie, he looks like he's stoned on pain killers out there.

It really does. He looks hagard, looks like he's lost weight. Maybe a nose candy problem?

His play in that series was so bad I have to think there was some sort of addiction issues involved.

Did you see a few of those airballs? I'd be embarrassed to shoot that in grade school.

I never saw that coming. He played balls out with the Cavs, the bigger the game the bigger he came through.

As stated I totally misread Kyrie and the Celtics......

Never believed before the season if you told me the Bucks would beat them 4-1 in post season.

Not beat, absolutely dominate them. Pathetic.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Well for starters you said if Durant leaves that alone would be enough for the Lakers to compete for a title?

Yes. They were fucking ravaged by injuries . Did you see BI the last two weeks before he got hurt w/ a career threatening injury? He turned a corner and was playing at an All-Star level. They acquired more shooting (badly needed) before the Season ended and they've played together for a year now. If they can get past any "Chemistry issues," yes, they can compete for a title, as is.

Also that bit about Lakers the 2nd best team when the playoffs started......

I said #2 was their ceiling, I didn't say they would be #2 by seasons end and I didn't wait any 17 games to say it, I said that when they were like 2-5 and they went on from there to top the charts at #4 before LBJ got hurt and all hell broke loose.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Good call on Kyrie, he looks like he's stoned on pain killers out there.

It really does. He looks hagard, looks like he's lost weight. Maybe a nose candy problem?

His play in that series was so bad I have to think there was some sort of addiction issues involved.

Did you see a few of those airballs? I'd be embarrassed to shoot that in grade school.

I never saw that coming. He played balls out with the Cavs, the bigger the game the bigger he came through.

As stated I totally misread Kyrie and the Celtics......

Never believed before the season if you told me the Bucks would beat them 4-1 in post season.

Not beat, absolutely dominate them. Pathetic.

There is nothing wrong w/ misreads, they are part and parcel of this life.

You have to understand that my love for LBJ, that dare not speak it's name, causes me to be intimately familiar w/ the guys he plays with. Kane once accussed me of having an unhealthy obsession w/ LBJ's role players and he was and still is 100% right; I do. Kyrie wasn't a role player but you take my point.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Poster's submission recognized, accepted.

We move on.

When you're right, Patty, you are right. We can now all officially move on.

JFC, I can't believe they were even serious about hiring this guy and it sounds like they (LA) sabotaged negotiations. I guess the play was lets make it look good for LBJ that we tried to hire, "His guy," while the whole time we didn't want him :)