Republicans seek to terminate bargaining rights for Wisconsin public employees

Re: Republicans seek to terminate bargaining rights for Wisconsin public employees

You forgot to mention in your rewriting of history about Germany how they took away choices and got rid of everyone who did not go along with it.Sounds like you now!!What a strange twist !!
You evidently have no idea how a school runs but keep blaming the teachers while the elected school board officials keep making the decisions okay??Is that sinking in any for you??Get a clue and come back with more then your usual, it's the teachers fault, it's the greedy teachers fault, blame progressives for all the problems, blame the sun, blah, blah, blah.All you have is blame without even knowing where to place it at.Get a clue for shit sakes.

Uhm, yeah tank...whatever you say.

I want 80% of government completely dissolved, and you say I'm a 'fascist'. Again, research the meaning of these big words before you decide to use them as pejoratives.

:+signs13-

Gov Walker needs to Reagan these goons: Show up for work within 24 hours or you're fired.

These progressive tamper tantrums are giving Republicans the leverage they have dreamed about to finally trash the entire system and start from scratch.

Clearly, the taxpaying public is on OUR side. Clearly, it is unfair and immoral to keep asking struggling taxpayers to support the privileged public union-class.

Fire them all!! :thumbsup

tank

EOG Dedicated
Re: Republicans seek to terminate bargaining rights for Wisconsin public employees

Uhm, yeah tank...whatever you say.

I want 80% of government completely dissolved, and you say I'm a 'fascist'. Again, research the meaning of these big words before you decide to use them as pejoratives.

:+signs13-

Gov Walker needs to Reagan these goons: Show up for work within 24 hours or you're fired.

These progressive tamper tantrums are giving Republicans the leverage they have dreamed about to finally trash the entire system and start from scratch.

Clearly, the taxpaying public is on OUR side. Clearly, it is unfair and immoral to keep asking struggling taxpayers to support the privileged public union-class.

Fire them all!! :thumbsup
Hitler wanted 80% of the government gone too and things to go his ''way''.Right on cue!!Clearly the taxpaying public is NOT on your side or the polls would reflect that.Why is Newsmax sending out a chain letter via e-mail begging people to vote in favor of Walker??Sounds very desperate to me.If you fire them then who is going to teach?......Walkers little Gestapo wannabe's??What teacher in their right mind would go take a job and be a scab in Wisconsin basically saying yeah give me less money ??

Hitler wanted 80% of the government gone too and things to go his ''way''.

Right on cue!!Clearly the taxpaying public is NOT on your side or the polls would reflect that.Why is Newsmax sending out a chain letter via e-mail begging people to vote in favor of Walker??Sounds very desperate to me.If you fire them then who is going to teach?......Walkers little Gestapo wannabe's??What teacher in their right mind would go take a job and be a scab in Wisconsin basically saying yeah give me less money ??
Who's going to teach? Teachers who want kids to learn and will gladly accept being a graded on performance, like every other (non-union) job.

Why do you think struggling taxpayers should continue to support a privileged class? I thought libs believed in equality? :+clueless

tank

EOG Dedicated

Who's going to teach? Teachers who want kids to learn and will gladly accept being a graded on performance, like every other (non-union) job.

Why do you think struggling taxpayers should continue to support a privileged class? I thought libs believed in equality? :+clueless
You know Joe I have had it all wrong.We should let the public decide on what teachers make and what kind of benefits they should receive.Put it on a ballot and let people vote on it right?Does that sound fair to you?
Then when we get done with them we are going to do the same thing with every other worker in America!!Don't scream Fascism or Communism now since this is a plan that you came up with and seem to like so let's play it out.Does $10 an hour across the board for every worker sound fair to you?You are included in this now too so be fair to yourself.What do you say does this utopia that you want sound good now??
BTW I love that ''privileged'' class comment.....way to keep the class warfare going huh!!:LMAO

With the Wisconsin showdown at a fever pitch, Mark McKinnon says America doesn’t need public unions anymore—they silence voters’ choice, redistribute wealth, and clog the political system.

The manufactured Madison, Wis., mob is not the movement the White House was hoping for. Both may find themselves at the wrong end of the populist pitchfork. While I generally defend collective bargaining and private-sector unions (lots of airline pilots in my family), it is the abuse by public unions and their bosses that pushes centrists like me to the GOP. It is the right and duty of citizens to petition their government. The Tea Party and Republicans seek to limit government growth to protect their pocketbooks. Public-union bosses want to increase the cost of government to protect their racket. :thumbsup

1. Public unions are big money.
Public unions are big money. Paul Krugman is correct: we do need “some counterweight to the political power of big money.” But in the Alice in Wonderland world where what’s up is down and what’s down is up, Krugman believes public unions do not represent big money. Of the top 20 biggest givers in federal-level politics over the past 20 years, 10 are unions; just four are corporations. The three biggest public unions gave $171.5 million for the 2010 elections alone, according to The Wall Street Journal. That’s big money.

2. Public unions redistribute wealth.

Public employees contribute real value for the benefit of all citizens. Public-union bosses collect real money from all taxpayers for the benefit of a few. Unlike private-sector jobs, which are more than fully funded through revenues created in a voluntary exchange of money for goods or serv-ices, public-sector jobs are funded by taxpayer dollars, forcibly collected by the government (union dues are often deducted from public employees’ paychecks). In 28 states, state and local employees must pay full union dues or be fired. A sizable portion of those dues is then donated by the public unions almost exclusively to Democratic candidates. Michael Barone sums it up: “public-employee unions are a mechanism by which every taxpayer is forced to fund the Democratic Party.”

3. Public unions silence the voters’ voice.
Big money from public unions, collected through mandatory dues, and funded entirely by the taxpayer, is then redistributed as campaign cash to help elect the politicians who are then supposed to represent taxpayers in negotiations with those same unions. In effect, the unions sit on both sides of the table and collectively bargain to raise taxes while the voters’ voice is silenced. But the noisy mob in Madison is amplified beyond its numbers. Wisconsin faces a $137 million deficit this year, and a $3.6 billion shortfall in the next two-year budget. The proposals offered by Gov. Scott Walker would avert 5,500 layoffs of public employees and save $300 million. The public unions, representing just 300,000 government employees in the Badger State, are trying to trump the will of the voters. Though voters don’t get to sit at the bargaining table, they do speak collectively at the ballot box.

Michael Barone sums it up: “Public-employee unions are a mechanism by which every taxpayer is forced to fund the Democratic Party.”
Protesters in Wisconsin's capitol building, in Madison. "The primary purpose of public unions today is to work against the financial interests of taxpayers," writes Mark McKinnon. (Scott Olson / Getty Images)

4. Public unions are unnecessary.
The primary purpose of private-sector unions today is to get workers a larger share of the profits they helped create. But with a power greater than their numbers, these unions have destroyed the manufacturing sector, forcing jobs overseas by driving labor costs above the price consumers here will pay. The government is a monopoly and it earns no profits to be shared. Public employees are already protected by statutes that preclude arbitrary hiring and firing decisions.

The primary purpose of public unions today, as ugly as it sounds, is to work against the financial interests of taxpayers: the more public employees are paid in wages and uncapped benefits, the less taxpayers keep of the money they earn. It’s time to call an end to the privileged class. And the White House makes a mistake if it thinks it can grow a manufactured and uncivil unrest into a popular movement. Voters will not follow those who flee.

As vice chairman of Public Strategies and president of Maverick Media, Mark McKinnon has helped meet strategic challenges for candidates, corporations and causes, including George W. Bush, John McCain, Governor Ann Richards, Charlie Wilson, Lance Armstrong, and Bono.
Like The Daily Beast on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for updates all day long.​

tank, you are out of your mind if you think public unions are going to win this war. The way I see it, their downfall will be their inability to adapt with the times, something you alluded to earlier. "Too little, too late" As I predicted, you're going to lose every 'centrist' and independent in the country because any non-union member recognizes public unions exist to work against the financial interests of struggling taxpayers.

You know Joe I have had it all wrong.We should let the public decide on what teachers make and what kind of benefits they should receive.Put it on a ballot and let people vote on it right?Does that sound fair to you?

Absolutely.

Voters spoke very loudly and clearly this past Nov. and now you're seeing the results. It's still a government for the people, by the people, isn't it? Or should struggling taxpayers just shut up and give the privileged class whatever it wants?

I think these unions should take whatever they are offered, because I'm telling you, the next generation of GOP governors are gonna make Gov Walker and Gov Christie looks like Jimmy Hoffa.

Sorry progressives, Tea Parties are real, formidable and here to stay baby! :houra

Madison– Today President Obama again weighed in against Governor Walker’s proposal to balance the state’s budget deficit by having state government workers contribute a modest amount toward their own pensions and pay 12.6 percent toward their healthcare premiums.

In response to the President’s comments, the Governor’s Press Secretary Cullen Werwie issued the following statement:

"I'm sure the President knows that most federal employees do not have collective bargaining for wages and benefits while our plan allows it for base pay. And I'm sure the President knows that the average federal worker pays twice as much for health insurance as what we are asking for in Wisconsin. At least I would hope he knows these facts.

"Furthermore, I’m sure the President knows that we have repeatedly praised the more than 300,000 government workers who come to work every day in Wisconsin.

I’m sure that President Obama simply misunderstands the issues in Wisconsin, and isn’t acting like the union bosses in saying one thing and doing another."

WOW! That's what I call an iron fist in a velvet glove. Brilliant! :btj:

Mister tank, I believe unions could be developing into THE issue for 2012. :+excited-

tank

EOG Dedicated

tank, you are out of your mind if you think public unions are going to win this war. The way I see it, their downfall will be their inability to adapt with the times, something you alluded to earlier. "Too little, too late" As I predicted, you're going to lose every 'centrist' and independent in the country because any non-union member recognizes public unions exist to work against the financial interests of struggling taxpayers.
Wisconsin voters express buyer’s remorse over Gov. Scott Walker

Wisconsin voters express buyer’s remorse over Gov. Scott Walker - Yahoo! News
Two months into his first term, a new poll shows [COLOR=#366388 ! important][COLOR=#366388 ! important]Wisconsin [COLOR=#366388 ! important]voters[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] are unhappy with GOP Gov. Scott Walker--and would send him packing if they were given a do-over of the 2010 election that sent him to the statehouse in Madison.
Amid the firestorm Walker touched off in going after the state's public-sector unions, voters indicated to [COLOR=#366388 ! important][COLOR=#366388 ! important]Public [COLOR=#366388 ! important]Policy [/COLOR][COLOR=#366388 ! important]Polling[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] (PDF) that Walker would lose a rematch with his Democratic opponent, Milwaukee mayor Tom Barrett, if the election were held today. Fifty-two percent of respondents said that today they would vote for Barrett and 45 percent said they would vote for Walker. Walker's job approval/disapproval was also 46 to 52 percent in the poll.

Uh huh!!And it is just getting started!!:LMAO

tank

EOG Dedicated

Madison– Today President Obama again weighed in against Governor Walker’s proposal to balance the state’s budget deficit by having state government workers contribute a modest amount toward their own pensions and pay 12.6 percent toward their healthcare premiums.

In response to the President’s comments, the Governor’s Press Secretary Cullen Werwie issued the following statement:

WOW! That's what I call an iron fist in a velvet glove. Brilliant! :btj:

Mister tank, I believe unions could be developing into THE issue for 2012. :+excited-
Leave the idiot Obama out of this please!!He is such a handicap to the cause!!Besides he should have some global warming or something else to occupy his time with rather then screwing this up too.

tank

EOG Dedicated

Wis. governor proposes deep cuts for schools

A Pew Research Center poll released Monday found 42 percent of adults surveyed nationwide sided with the unions and 31 percent sided with Walker. That poll of 1,009 adults had a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points.
The latest New York Times-CBS poll found Americans oppose efforts to weaken the collective bargaining rights of public employee unions by a margin of almost two to one -- 60 percent to 33 percent. The nationwide telephone poll of 984 adults had a margin of error of plus or minus three percentage points.
:houra:houra

The only poll that matters is the one a couple months ago and Gov Walker won that decisively.

His party was elected to make the tough decisions, they're doing it and will be rewarded for their leadership on this and other issues.

Worth repeating:

"Public-employee unions are a mechanism by which every taxpayer is forced to fund the Democratic Party."
-- Michael Barone

Why should struggling taxpayers continue to support a privileged class and their Democrat cronies? 2938u4ji23

This is what unions call "collective bargaining":

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9Cx77K8e3WE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I call it COLLECTIVE BULLYING.

Goons. 2938u4ji23

If the Wisconsin governor and other republicans are so into taking away workers' rights and protections, maybe the politicians should volunteer to be in office at-will, with no term protections, subject to recall at any time. Let Republicans also be faced with losing everything, just like they want the employees to experience. Otherwise they should stop concerning themselves with teachers making 40k per year and focus on the real problems in government.

tank

EOG Dedicated

This is what unions call "collective bargaining":

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9Cx77K8e3WE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I call it COLLECTIVE BULLYING.

Goons. 2938u4ji23
I love how when the Tea Party does this it is called expressing their 1st Amendment Rights , but when someone else does it is called bullying and they are thugs and goons!!Sounds like some pussies need to grow a pair .Is the guy alright??Did he get hurt??Was he traumatized? Is he going to okay??Grow a pair boys and quit whining and crying!!

tank

EOG Dedicated

If the Wisconsin governor and other republicans are so into taking away workers' rights and protections, maybe the politicians should volunteer to be in office at-will, with no term protections, subject to recall at any time. Let Republicans also be faced with losing everything, just like they want the employees to experience. Otherwise they should stop concerning themselves with teachers making 40k per year and focus on the real problems in government.

The rules they make do not apply to them.Just remember that corporations are people too.

The rules they make do not apply to them.Just remember that corporations are people too.

Corporations don't cost taxpayers money, unless you're talking about subsidies and bailouts...like GM (more union shenanigans -- big surprise!). In both cases, you won't get any argument from me.

Corporate taxes should be zero since all corporate expenses are eventually paid by the final consumer. If the corporate tax is 20%, you'll end up paying an $200 extra on a $1000 TV, which means more money out of your pocket. So it's in your financial interest to keep corporate taxes as low as possible, ideally 0%.

Just a reminder: Unions rake in millions for Democrats

posted at 8:48 am on March 3, 2011 by Ed Morrissey <small></small>

What’s really at stake in the Wisconsin budget showdown? Are big corporations trying to wipe out the middle class, as union activists claimed in between comparisons of Governor Scott Walker to Adolf Hitler and chasing down Republican legislators in the halls of the capital? Or are Democrats trying desperately to cling to closed-shop rules that allow them to fill their campaign coffers through union bosses who profit greatly from their elections? John Henry of the Center for Public Integrity answers that question in today’s Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel:
Union treasuries – filled by dues paid by union members – not only fund programs benefiting union members and their families. The money they collect also pays six-figure compensation packages for labor leaders and provides millions of dollars for Democratic causes and candidates.

The Center for Public Integrity found compensation for leaders of the 10 largest unions ranged from $173,000 at the United Auto Workers to $618,000 at the Laborers’ International Union of North America, and almost $480,000 for the president of the American Federation of State, County & Municipal Employees. The latter is the target of GOP governors in Wisconsin, Indiana, Ohio, Tennessee and Kansas.

The union reports, filed with the Department of Labor, list compensation for all union employees and officers. Salaries make up the biggest portion, but other benefits can include tens of thousands of dollars for meal allowances, mileage allowances and entertainment. Health care and pension contributions are not specifically addressed.

The reports show that assets of the various labor unions run into the hundreds of millions of dollars, and payrolls rival midsize companies. Among the Top 10 unions, dozens of top officials have salary-and-benefit packages that rank them among the top percentage of income-earners in the country.
Remember, these entities produce no products on their own. They run the labor that produces products and services for investors (in the private sector) and for taxpayers (in the public sector). In the private sector, consumers can choose to “look for the union label” or to avoid it, and have the option of buying non-union when the price of products and services from union shops gets too high.

Taxpayers don’t have that choice. First, the government has no profit motive to protect, making contentious bargaining with PEUs more political trouble than it’s worth, at least until now. Furthermore, AFSCME and other PEUs don’t have the adversarial relationship with “management” that unions in the private sector do, thanks to unions such as AFSCME essentially hiring the management through the use of millions of dollars in forced dues payments (collected by the state!) for campaign funds for favored politicians, almost exclusively Democrats these days. When their pet politicians get elected, they inevitably cave to PEU demands, sticking taxpayers with an ever-higher bill for monopolized products and services, and with no way to opt out of the “union label” except to move out of the state.

Does this pay off for union bosses? You bet it does, and at the expense of the taxpayers:
The membership of AFSCME, which evolved from a state employees union organized in Wisconsin in 1932, has grown by 25% over the last decade. [Gerald] McEntee, who has been president since 1981, says more than 145,000 government employees have joined AFSCME since 2006.
That makes McEntee a powerful political force, although not powerful enough to overcome widespread disgust at the cycle of spending in government. AFSCME sunk over $40,000 into the campaign of Tom Barrett, Walker’s opponent in 2010. The top ten donors to Barrett’s campaigns were unions.

Barrett still lost, because taxpayers discovered the one feedback loop they still had to break the PEU-Democratic money cycle: their votes. And now Wisconsin’s fleebagging state Senators have hijacked even that in an attempt to protect their union gravy train. Those are the real stakes in this standoff.

So, if all unions are busted there will be no more union dues. No more union dues means struggling taxpayers will no longer be involuntarily forced to fund the Democrat Party. This will dry up their main source of funding, thus allowing Republicans to compete on a level playing field while Democrats will be forced to earn votes the old fashioned way.

I like it! :+excited-

tank

EOG Dedicated

Corporations don't cost taxpayers money, unless you're talking about subsidies and bailouts...like GM (more union shenanigans -- big surprise!). In both cases, you won't get any argument from me.

Corporate taxes should be zero since all corporate expenses are eventually paid by the final consumer. If the corporate tax is 20%, you'll end up paying an $200 extra on a $1000 TV, which means more money out of your pocket. So it's in your financial interest to keep corporate taxes as low as possible, ideally 0%.
Uh huh!!Quit drinking the corporate Kool Aid Joe!!They do not pay shit half the time.
Beltway

What The Top U.S. Companies Pay In Taxes

<cite>Christopher Helman</cite>, 04.01.10, 03:00 PM EDT How can it be that you pay more to the IRS than General Electric?

In Pictures: What The 25 Top U.S. Companies Pay In Taxes

HOUSTON -- As you work on your taxes this month, here's something to raise your hackles: Some of the world's biggest, most profitable corporations enjoy a far lower tax rate than you do--that is, if they pay taxes at all.
The most egregious example is General Electric ( GE - news - people ). Last year the conglomerate generated $10.3 billion in pretax income, but ended up owing nothing to Uncle Sam. In fact, it recorded a tax benefit of $1.1 billion.

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzz?publishe...ington-corporate-taxes.html?partner=yahoobuzz
Avoiding taxes is nothing new for General Electric. In 2008 its effective tax rate was 5.3%; in 2007 it was 15%. The marginal U.S. corporate rate is 35%.

http://www.forbes.com/2010/04/01/ge-exxon-walmart-business-washington-corporate-taxes.html

I am tired of hearing about the poor corporations when they are the biggest welfare tit suckers out there.

tank

EOG Dedicated

So, if all unions are busted there will be no more union dues. No more union dues means struggling taxpayers will no longer be involuntarily forced to fund the Democrat Party. This will dry up their main source of funding, thus allowing Republicans to compete on a level playing field while Democrats will be forced to earn votes the old fashioned way.

I like it! :+excited-
The GOP is really struggling raising cash right?How about if a person does not want to pay union dues then they do not get a job where they do??Sounds simple enough right??Why should someone come in and enjoy the benefits that the union got them and not have to pay dues for it?Scabs like that are despicable.Give the wages and benefits that the union got but don't make me pay dues for it.Go work non union for half the pay then like all the ones complaining are doing.

The GOP is really struggling raising cash right?

Irrelevant. Taxpayers shouldn't be forced to fund either party.

How about if a person does not want to pay union dues then they do not get a job where they do??Sounds simple enough right??Why should someone come in and enjoy the benefits that the union got them and not have to pay dues for it?Scabs like that are despicable.Give the wages and benefits that the union got but don't make me pay dues for it.Go work non union for half the pay then like all the ones complaining are doing.

"That the union got", huh? Using what tactics? Collective bullying? Refusing to work? Roadblocks? Putting a brick or two through a window? So honorable. Yeah, I could see why you goons would be pissed off and harassing the guy who "didn't pay his dues." 2938u4ji23

I frankly could care less if non-union and union workers work side by side. Just leave the rest of us (the government) out of it. Abolish every union-friendly law on the books, bust public unions and force unions to collect their own dues. We'll see how many suckers decide to join the mob then.

tank, picture this...

You're a private business owner. I'm a consumer. I walk into your store because you may carry a product I stand to benefit from. You greet me, and I inform you what I'm looking for. You point to a product on your shelf which appears to fit my needs. We agree on a price, I pay the asking price for said product and walk out happy. Every step of the transaction is voluntary, without any interference or force from third parties. That's capitalism.

Now...this your socialist goon world, tank:

You're a private business owner. I'm a consumer. I walk into your store because you may carry a product I stand to benefit from. You greet me, and I inform you of what I'm looking for. You point to a product on your shelf which appears to fit my needs. There's just one problem. In my opinion, it cost too much...the price isn't "fair". But rather than walk out of your store empty handed and take my business elsewhere, I decide I'm going to force you to give it to me anyway, using intimidation, threats etc. So I leave and come back a few hours later with my goon squad. Day after day we march with protest signs in front of your store, screaming while blocking the entrances so other customers can't enter...and so on. Eventually, our "community organizing" goon squad becomes so powerful that we start buying off politicians and changing laws in our favor...all under the guise of some deluded set of "rights". So now as a store owner, you can't even call the police and clear us away from your property. You're pretty much -- what's the word? -- F-U-C-K-E-D.

Let me tell you something, goon...not only is your system immoral and reprehensible, it is also unsustainable. It will at some point collapse, just like every immoral system throughout history.

See, nobody is forcing you to purchase a certain product. Just as nobody is forcing you to work for a business with unsafe work conditions or crappy pay and benefits. You can walk away and work for someone much better. Why, you could even open your own business and treat your workers with respect and dignity. And those workers will then work harder, faster, more efficiently and produce superior products, which will eventually force We Treat Our Workers Like Shit Inc. out of business.

You can play by the rules and win at the same time.

The problem with your system is that it is rooted in force (intimidation) etc. You are forcing people (in this case, taxpayers) to do things they don't want to do. This leads to conflict and eventually, either your side will lose or the system will collapse onto itself, just as we are witnessing.

It's that simple.

:+waving-5

tank

EOG Dedicated

Irrelevant. Taxpayers shouldn't be forced to fund either party.
Then become a core member and your dues do not go to a political party.Did you ever stop to think that maybe they want their money to go to that party??If not then it is real simple...become a core member.

"That the union got", huh? Using what tactics? Collective bullying? Refusing to work? Roadblocks? Putting a brick or two through a window? So honorable. Yeah, I could see why you goons would be pissed off and harassing the guy who "didn't pay his dues." 2938u4ji23
It is called negotiating.Your union dues go for this .That is what it is all about.Don't be a coward and let someone else fight your battles for you and expect the union to give your scab ass all the hard fought benefits for nothing.

I frankly could care less if non-union and union workers work side by side. Just leave the rest of us (the government) out of it. Abolish every union-friendly law on the books, bust public unions and force unions to collect their own dues. We'll see how many suckers decide to join the mob then.
More corporate cock sucking from the whore.

tank, picture this...

You're a private business owner. I'm a consumer. I walk into your store because you may carry a product I stand to benefit from. You greet me, and I inform you what I'm looking for. You point to a product on your shelf which appears to fit my needs. We agree on a price, I pay the asking price for said product and walk out happy. Every step of the transaction is voluntary, without any interference or force from third parties. That's capitalism.

Now...this your socialist goon world, tank:

You're a private business owner. I'm a consumer. I walk into your store because you may carry a product I stand to benefit from. You greet me, and I inform you of what I'm looking for. You point to a product on your shelf which appears to fit my needs. There's just one problem. In my opinion, it cost too much...the price isn't "fair". But rather than walk out of your store empty handed and take my business elsewhere, I decide I'm going to force you to give it to me anyway, using intimidation, threats etc. So I leave and come back a few hours later with my goon squad. Day after day we march with protest signs in front of your store, screaming while blocking the entrances so other customers can't enter...and so on. Eventually, our "community organizing" goon squad becomes so powerful that we start buying off politicians and changing laws in our favor...all under the guise of some deluded set of "rights". So now as a store owner, you can't even call the police and clear us away from your property. You're pretty much -- what's the word? -- F-U-C-K-E-D.
Anyone who can dream up this stupid shit is beyond fucked.Where in the hell did you come up with this stupid shit at anyway??

Let me tell you something, goon...not only is your system immoral and reprehensible, it is also unsustainable. It will at some point collapse, just like every immoral system throughout history.
But it will be all right to continue to give corporations subsidies and tax breaks and that is all right?Better yet let's just let a dictator decide what is best for everyone huh?What a Fascist piece of shit you are!!

See, nobody is forcing you to purchase a certain product. Just as nobody is forcing you to work for a business with unsafe work conditions or crappy pay and benefits. You can walk away and work for someone much better. Why, you could even open your own business and treat your workers with respect and dignity. And those workers will then work harder, faster, more efficiently and produce superior products, which will eventually force We Treat Our Workers Like Shit Inc. out of business.
Yes of course!!Let corporate America decide what is best for you!!And with unemployment at 10% you have so many choices for employment to right?Get in the real world or quit spreading your Fascist idiot ramblings that do not even qualify for la la land.What a waste of space reading this stupid shit.Get this Fascist shit off the internet.

You can play by the rules and win at the same time.

The problem with your system is that it is rooted in force (intimidation) etc. You are forcing people (in this case, taxpayers) to do things they don't want to do. This leads to conflict and eventually, either your side will lose or the system will collapse onto itself, just as we are witnessing.
Yes of course again.The teachers are forced to be in the union and they had no idea about this when they started right?Walker is a perfect Fascist pig trying to tell everyone what is best for them while giving 137 million dollars in tax breaks for the corporations and wanting the teachers to pay for it.What a piece of shit this Fascist corporate whore is!!

It's that simple.

:+waving-5
m

tank

EOG Dedicated

Quit blaming the teachers and using class warfare to cover up the bankers and Wall Street's blowing the money in the pension funds also.I'm tired of you Fascist corporate whores using lies and distortion to deflect the blame for your Wall Street and corporate pigs mishandling of the pension funds.That fraud should get someone jail time but you pigs cry ''the taxpayers are against it''!!If that was true then the polls would be in favor of you Fascist pigs but they are not so why is that??Because they know you Fascist corporate pigs are the reason this country is broke.Greed and shame is all you Fascist whores stand for and I am so proud of the people of Wisconsin who have stood up to this Fascist piece of shit that is nothing but a corporate whore selling everyone out to please his masters.Burn in Hell scumbag!!

Quit blaming the teachers and using class warfare to cover up the bankers and Wall Street's blowing the money in the pension funds also.I'm tired of you Fascist corporate whores using lies and distortion to deflect the blame for your Wall Street and corporate pigs mishandling of the pension funds.That fraud should get someone jail time but you pigs cry ''the taxpayers are against it''!!If that was true then the polls would be in favor of you Fascist pigs but they are not so why is that??Because they know you Fascist corporate pigs are the reason this country is broke.Greed and shame is all you Fascist whores stand for and I am so proud of the people of Wisconsin who have stood up to this Fascist piece of shit that is nothing but a corporate whore selling everyone out to please his masters.Burn in Hell scumbag!!

It's not the government's job to "handle your pension". That's your job, welfare queen. YOU are the one responsible for your own retirement, not some politician selling snake oil to a clueless electorate. The fact some idiot progressive mismanaged the funds only validates my side and discredits yours.

Every state in the country is going broke because of you miscreants insisting on "rights" that don't exist, and you want to blame it on the "mishandling" of a hedge fund on Wall Street?

Priceless.

Union bill whizzing through Ohio Legislature

<cite class="vcard"> By ANN SANNER, Associated Press Ann Sanner, Associated Press </cite> <abbr title="2011-03-03T13:34:16-0800" class="timedate">Thu Mar 3, 4:34 pm ET
</abbr>
COLUMBUS, Ohio ? While much of the nation's attention remains focused on a stalled proposal in Wisconsin to restrict collective bargaining rights for public workers, an Ohio measure that in some ways is tougher and broader is speeding toward reality.

A Senate panel and then the full chamber approved the Ohio measure Wednesday amid jeers from onlookers. The bill would restrict the collective bargaining rights of roughly 350,000 teachers, firefighters, police officers and other public employees, while Wisconsin's would affect about 175,000 workers and exempt police and firefighters. :btj:

"For as far-reaching this thing is and how many lives it will affect, I can't believe how fast it moved," said Columbus Police Sgt. Shaun Laird, who wanted lawmakers to spend more time debating the changes.

Wisconsin's bill remains in limbo after Democrats hightailed it for the Illinois border on the day the Senate was to adopt the bill. Their absence left the chamber one member short of the quorum needed for a vote.

In contrast, the Ohio bill could go as early as next week to House committee hearings. Republicans hold a 59-40 majority in the House, where the measure is likely to receive strong support. :houra

Ohio Gov. John Kasich, a Republican like his Wisconsin counterpart, Scott Walker, praised the development. Both have pushed the collective bargaining bills as part of budget-balancing measures.

"This is a major step forward in correcting the imbalance between taxpayers and the government unions that work for them," Kasich said.
:thumbsup

The differences and similarities between the two proposals are many and nuanced, especially because lawmakers continue to debate and insert or subtract individual proposals. But to critics, at least one thing is clear:
Both bills are meant to weaken the role of the unions.

"From the perspective of unions, both bills are punitive and would severely restrict what they have traditionally bargained over and what they have done as organizations," said Harley Shaiken, a professor at the University of California at Berkley who specializes in labor issues.

The Ohio bill would ban strikes by public workers and establish penalties for those who do participate in walkouts. State workers in Wisconsin are already prohibited from striking.

Unionized workers in Ohio could negotiate wages, hours and certain work conditions ? but not health care, sick time or pension benefits. The measure would do away with automatic pay raises, and base future wage increases on merit.

Wisconsin's measure would forbid most government workers from collectively bargaining except over wage increases that aren't beyond the rate of inflation. Police and firefighters would be exempt.

Both states' capitols have been mobbed by protesters, Ohio's not as intensively as the two-week-long siege in Wisconsin. Protesters in Ohio were fewer Wednesday during the marquee vote in the Senate than they were the day before, when 8,500 demonstrators gathered inside and out.

"Shame!" firefighters and teachers shouted in the Senate chamber as the measure squeaked through on a 17-16 vote.

Standing in the rotunda afterward, Columbus firefighter Terry Marsh said he understood the Legislature's need to look for ways to save on costs and examine collective bargaining.

"But to ram something through within a few weeks is irresponsible, and to blame the budget woes of the state on the workers is a downright travesty," he said.

Ohio's legislation would also set up a new process to settle worker disputes, giving elected officials the final say in contract disagreements.

Binding arbitration, which police officers and firefighters use to resolve contract disputes as an alternative to strikes, would be eliminated.

Republican Sens. Tim Grendell of Chesterland and Bill Seitz of Cincinnati spoke out against the new proposed way to resolve disputes. Grendell said the process would turn workers into beggars before city councils and other officials who oversee them.

"No one can be a judge and advocate in their own cause," Seitz said. "That's called 'heads I win, tails you lose.'"

Seitz had expressed disappointment in the bill and was removed from the panel by its leaders, a move that secured the votes needed to get the legislation before the full Senate.

Anthony Caldwell, spokesman for the Service Employees International Union, District 1199, said the union's focus will now turn to the House.

Members there serve shorter terms and may be more vulnerable to repercussions at the ballot box than senators, he said.

"We hope that the members of the House will understand the valuable role working families play in their districts," he said. "The House is a two-year body. Whatever happens, people are going to remember that.

This isn't just about union issues, this is about working people."

Enough of this collective bullying bullshit terrorizing citizens and shutting down services, the time has come for an outright union ban! :thumbsup

I think Gov Walker and Gov Kasich are being very generous. I would dissolve and de-certify every single union in the country (at least those on the government payroll) and start over hiring workers individually.

Every worker should stand on his or her own merit. The good ones deserve to get rich, while the bad ones...well, they end up in Illinois in the same factory as tank.

Before this morning's hearing started, Senate President Tom Niehaus made certain Republicans would have the votes to move the bill by booting Seitz off of the Insurance, Commerce and Labor Committee. Both Hughes and Seitz were known to oppose the bill. Niehaus replaced Seitz with Sen. Cliff Hite, a Findlay Republican, who voted for the bill. :btj:

Dedicated to Gov Kasich, Gov. Walker and their legislators and supporters:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nvlTJrNJ5lA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Keep up the fight, fellow Patriots! Liberty is non-negotiable and the battle has just begun!

tank

EOG Dedicated

It's not the government's job to "handle your pension". That's your job, welfare queen. YOU are the one responsible for your own retirement, not some politician selling snake oil to a clueless electorate. The fact some idiot progressive mismanaged the funds only validates my side and discredits yours.

Every state in the country is going broke because of you miscreants insisting on "rights" that don't exist, and you want to blame it on the "mishandling" of a hedge fund on Wall Street?

Priceless.
This just proves how little you know about this!!Still want to give Wall Street and the corporations a free pass huh.Every county has a school district that decides how much money teachers can make with the money they have.When the states start giving tax breaks to corporations then the money suddenly disappears.Funny how the Tea baggers do not say shit about that.I guess when you are led by Fascist pigs you are not smart enough to figure it out.

This just proves how little you know about this!!Still want to give Wall Street and the corporations a free pass huh.Every county has a school district that decides how much money teachers can make with the money they have.When the states start giving tax breaks to corporations then the money suddenly disappears.Funny how the Tea baggers do not say shit about that.I guess when you are led by Fascist pigs you are not smart enough to figure it out.

No, it shows how much progressive crack you're on.

Unlike the private sector, government does not create wealth, it only redistributes wealth. This means the government's budget is always a fixed pie -- it's resources are always limited. Government is always zero-sum...winners and losers.

So, if your union goons win an election and their candidate decides to fatten up PEU pensions, he or she must take from other parts of the pie at somebody else's expense (taxpayers, cut other services etc.). If taxpayers win, and their candidate decides to give tax breaks to businesses in order to stimulate the economy, he or she must do the same. Even worse, because almost every decision the government makes is politically motivated, rather than sensible long term rational planning, the people almost always end up with the worst possible outcome.

This is why the country is so divided and chaotic, people are constantly at each other's throats trying to grab "their share", and why virtually every level of government is bankrupt, both morally and economically.

The simple fact is, the government is providing services it was never designed for. This is why "public education" is in the toilet, even though the United States spends more money on education than any other country in the world.

What you are witnessing is the beginning of the end of the progressive train wreck -- and you ain't see nothin' yet.

Unfortunately, the country will sink further and further until illiterate, obnoxious, potty-mouthed sheep like tank decide to educate themselves, instead of always fighting the ghosts and goblins his progressive union goons instruct him to. 2938u4ji23

BOMB THREAT At Scott Walker News Conference ? Leftist Protester Arrested!

Posted by Jim Hoft on Friday, March 4, 2011, 2:49 PM

Far Left protester Patrick J. Knauf, 43, of Eau Claire was arrested on Wednesday for the violation of making a bomb scare under state statute 947.015.

He was released on a $3,000 signature bond.

On Wednesday a bomb threat was made at an aviation business in Eau Claire just hours after Governor Scott Walker spoke there. Police brought in a man who was protesting this week against the Republican governor.

The Pierce County Herald reported:
An investigation continues into a bomb threat made this week at an aviation business in Eau Claire, just hours after Governor Scott Walker held a news conference there.

Authorities said a 43-year-old Eau Claire man allegedly called in a threat to Heartland Aviation on Wednesday evening. The facility is next to the Chippewa Valley Regional Airport in Eau Claire. The man is free on a signature bond.

No charges have been filed yet, but the man is due back in Chippewa County Circuit Court on April 19th.

Investigators said the man took part in public demonstrations at the airport on Monday and Wednesday. His home was searched yesterday, and police are checking phone records and interviewing people. Eau Claire Police have asked for tips with more information.
Amazing!

A bomb threat was called in on a Walker rally and the media doesn?t report on it?

Unbelievable.

How long before progressives formally align themselves with al-Qaida united in the same common cause?

tank

EOG Dedicated

No, it shows how much progressive crack you're on.

Unlike the private sector, government does not create wealth, it only redistributes wealth. This means the government's budget is always a fixed pie -- it's resources are always limited. Government is always zero-sum...winners and losers.

So, if your union goons win an election and their candidate decides to fatten up PEU pensions, he or she must take from other parts of the pie at somebody else's expense (taxpayers, cut other services etc.). If taxpayers win, and their candidate decides to give tax breaks to businesses in order to stimulate the economy, he or she must do the same. Even worse, because almost every decision the government makes is politically motivated, rather than sensible long term rational planning, the people almost always end up with the worst possible outcome.

This is why the country is so divided and chaotic, people are constantly at each other's throats trying to grab "their share", and why virtually every level of government is bankrupt, both morally and economically.

The simple fact is, the government is providing services it was never designed for. This is why "public education" is in the toilet, even though the United States spends more money on education than any other country in the world.

What you are witnessing is the beginning of the end of the progressive train wreck -- and you ain't see nothin' yet.

Unfortunately, the country will sink further and further until illiterate, obnoxious, potty-mouthed sheep like tank decide to educate themselves, instead of always fighting the ghosts and goblins his progressive union goons instruct him to. 2938u4ji23
Yes we know Joe you want the government to redistribute the wealth to the Corporations and claim they are the biggest contributors to the tax pie while I have proven they are not and do not even pay taxes half of the time.This same system has been in place for a lot of years so why is it a problem now?The teachers have always payed at least 3% to their pension fund but what has happened to that money??I have already explained it once but you seemed to have missed that?It is funny you have not spouted your usual uneducated fallacy with the teachers so continue to use the ''privileged'' class crap and now we have some ''goons'' and bullies sprinkled in there to keep the Fascist message going.I think it is great that the American people are standing up to the Fascist piece of shit and will keep fighting until he is gone.The cowards that side with him can take their Fascist crap and die for all I am concerned.

tank

EOG Dedicated

How long before progressives formally align themselves with al-Qaida united in the same common cause?
If they are fighting off Fascism with the corporate scum then it is going to take more then that to get rid of these Fascist pigs.These pukes will not stop until everyone is poor!!

If they are fighting off Fascism with the corporate scum then it is going to take more then that to get rid of these Fascist pigs.These pukes will not stop until everyone is poor!!

America is doomed. :doh1

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QyxuUjgHkgs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>