ReStarting right where we left off!

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
LBJ, game winner and guards everybody on the last possession.

Where did ICBINK go late? Was he on the sidelines or did LBJ turn his water off?

Bend the knee!

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
................and with this win the Lakers clinch the West #1 spot. Maybe not officially - but realistically.

Might wanna keep that in mind for future Lakers' games. I sense we will see whoooooooooole lot more of the bench playing to try and see who will be someone they can count on when the playoffs begin

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Get real...he stunk for 3 quarters. AD saved the day. Some game winner, he missed first shot so bad it came right back to him like a boomerang.

As I told you before the Season even started, they have no answer for AD. Look it up. I also said, they have no answer for Boogie.

As for LBJ, he did hit the game winner and he did lock up ICBINK on several possession, i know he did, I saw it. They were running picks to get LBJ off him.

AD was phenomenal but that's not shocking due to the MATCHUP. I hope he scores 50 next time, either way, you're bending that fucking knee.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
James shooting 38% versus Clippers this season no surprise. Leonard, George and Beverly are in his head.

LMAO. Our resident NBA dummy speaks. Yeah, sure, LBJ hit the game winner and ICBINK couldn't get a shot off several times w/ LBJ on him. He made PG13 turn it over and stoned them both on the last possession.

LBJ is in the NBA's head.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
I never get tired of watching AD play, he can ball. Between him and the bench it was just enough to win.

Brick? He went 6-19 from the floor, led everyone in T/O's with 5 and the Lakers -4 when he was on the floor......

Hopefully AD can carry this non-playoff team of last year to a run of some sort.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I never get tired of watching AD play, he can ball. Between him and the bench it was just enough to win.

Brick? He went 6-19 from the floor, led everyone in T/O's with 5 and the Lakers -4 when he was on the floor......

Hopefully AD can carry this non-playoff team of last year to a run of some sort.

Patricia, welcome to the, 'Bend the Fucking Knee," Club. We could always use one more asshole.

LBJ called Game and was absolutely defensively dominant. ICBINK didn't want any part of the GOAT King. He didn't. He thought he did and then he was like, "Oh fuck, I can't shake this guy, he's anticipating everything I'm trying to do." LBJ personally shut both Redundant Brothers down on the same fucking play; the very last play of the game.

Once again, like I said, he's a Dark Horse DPOY Cabdidate; he's not going to win, AD or Smart probably will but a vote for him would not be miscast; he's been that good on that end.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Nobody is going to remember the subpar individual boxscore given the outcome. And given his night was far from vintage, he still finished with 16 plus 11 boards and 7 dimes. Hit the clutch shot when it counted most, and that's been his trademark all career en route to LA's 50th triumph.

Not showing in the boxscore as well was the defensive lockdown of Paul George and Kawhi to seal the win as well on the final possession.

Brick just awful shooting and didn't even get to the line. 2-2 FT while AD was 16-17.

Heim

EOG Master
Barkley may be right....Davis might be the best player in the league, with that being said, who would trade Leonard and George for
Lebron and Davis? Not many.

Heim

EOG Master
Obvious to me Kuzma has to start....Green without the trifecta dropping is useless at 28 million for 2 years.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Of course but I will say Caldwell Pope and Danny Green will cost them.

I will say Rockets will give Lakers all they can handle and some.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Of course but I will say Caldwell Pope and Danny Green will cost them.

I will say Rockets will give Lakers all they can handle and some.

Nah. Rockets are too scattered brained to mount a serious threat in the West to a legit team. Hardin will find a way to go 3-22 and shoot them OUT of the game. Lakers would drool over the thought of playing a Brain Dead, NO defense team like them. Lakers in 5!

choslamshe

EOG Master
For me, Kuzma is critical to come off the bench and he can thrive in that role. When LBJ and AD are on the floor, no point in adding Kuz at the start of the 1st and 3rd q's. When first subs happen into each half and either LBJ or AD sits, he can compliment the big stud perfectly. I think it would be a mistake for them to add him to the starting mix.

That was about as weak a Clippers team as you will see and every time they got a challenge they responded. I really don't see how they don't win the West and probably the title unless they have more dumb shit like Lou going to the club for wings.

Heim

EOG Master
Colin Cowherd: “The Lakers have a pattern. They get carried by Anthony Davis early and then he disappears and LeBron carries them late. That was good enough last night. Anthony Davis for the season shoots 53% from the field in the first 3 quarters, but he shoots 40% in the fourth and just dries up. Last night he had 32 in the first three quarters. You know what he had in the fourth? NOTHING… They got to figure out this Anthony Davis thing because for years everybody said he’s kind of soft. THIS is what people complained about. Where is he? Where is the dog? Playoffs is about ‘dog’. It’s about tough guy veteran players like Kevin Garnett, Dwyane Wade, Kahwi, and LeBron getting in your face. A lot of guys are talented, they just don’t have DOG in them. In four fourth quarters versus the Clippers, Anthony Davis has had 0, 4, 4, and 2 points. What the hell?? That is a problem and why I don’t consider them a championship team

Herd is a hack but I don't disagree here.....

Heim

EOG Master
That was about as weak a Clippers team as you will see and every time they got a challenge they responded. I really don't see how they don't win the West and probably the title unless they have more dumb shit like Lou going to the club for wings.

Yup short handed.....they missed Harrell underneath more than Willaims.....When they turned up the heat they went up 11 in the 3rd. They're deeper
and better than the Lakeshow. Lakeshow will be bending the knee when it's all over.

kane

EOG master
I also think the Clippers win it all, they're so deep it's ridiculous, and I know rotations shorten in the playoffs, but they've got guys on the bench who could start for most teams, they also have lock down defenders in Kawhi, PG, and Beverly, and a coach who's been there and done that. I would never dismiss a team with AD and the GOAT, but in a long series I favor the Clipps

Colin Cowherd: “The Lakers have a pattern. They get carried by Anthony Davis early and then he disappears and LeBron carries them late. That was good enough last night. Anthony Davis for the season shoots 53% from the field in the first 3 quarters, but he shoots 40% in the fourth and just dries up. Last night he had 32 in the first three quarters. You know what he had in the fourth? NOTHING… They got to figure out this Anthony Davis thing because for years everybody said he’s kind of soft. THIS is what people complained about. Where is he? Where is the dog? Playoffs is about ‘dog’. It’s about tough guy veteran players like Kevin Garnett, Dwyane Wade, Kahwi, and LeBron getting in your face. A lot of guys are talented, they just don’t have DOG in them. In four fourth quarters versus the Clippers, Anthony Davis has had 0, 4, 4, and 2 points. What the hell?? That is a problem and why I don’t consider them a championship team

Herd is a hack but I don't disagree here.....

Great point there. I think a lot of teams can give the Lakers a lot of trouble. Maybe not enough to beat them, but push them a lot further than they want to go when they are relying on so many guys that need more recovery time. Portland will be a real challenge if they get there, Houston could beat them if they are on fire, even Dallas matches up relatively well. In a way the Lakers are constructed to try to optimize against the Clippers with good defensive length, but I think all these other teams with a solid scorer at PG are a real problem for them without their smaller defenders around this time.

Heim

EOG Master
I still don't like Lebron at pg.....it limits his options. He has more angles to drive to the hoop on the wing, and
more give and go options diving to the baseline. At the top they are easily cutting the angles to the hoop by
collapsing like they did for the Greek Freak during last years playoffs. It was obvious last night.

I still don't like Lebron at pg.....it limits his options. He has more angles to drive to the hoop on the wing, and
more give and go options diving to the baseline. At the top they are easily cutting the angles to the hoop by
collapsing like they did for the Greek Freak during last years playoffs. It was obvious last night.

What choice do they have? No Rondo, KCG is pretty much worthless, Caruso probably isn't defensively good enough to be a starter, etc. Feels like if the Lakers want to maximize what they get out of this year's team they better call Phil and get a quick installation of the Triangle.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Brick just awful shooting and didn't even get to the line. 2-2 FT while AD was 16-17.

Yeah, he's soft. Always was, is now, always will be.

That's a huge difference in him and someone like Jordan (Bird, Magic) and so on.

When he can't shoot he just kills the team since he hasn't played defense in 5 years and turns the ball over at NBA historic levels.

6 for 19 from floor and yes 7 assists but took 5 turnovers to get there?

His legacy? All-time turnover KING for the NBA.

Lakers still a very good team though if AD stays healthy and Brick understands he's a role player this year.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
For me, Kuzma is critical to come off the bench and he can thrive in that role. When LBJ and AD are on the floor, no point in adding Kuz at the start of the 1st and 3rd q's. When first subs happen into each half and either LBJ or AD sits, he can compliment the big stud perfectly. I think it would be a mistake for them to add him to the starting mix.

Sharp post.

Last night Kuzma, Waiters, Caruso off the bench were +12, +17, and +9 respectively, that's where the Lakers won the game.

Heim

EOG Master
What choice do they have? No Rondo, KCG is pretty much worthless, Caruso probably isn't defensively good enough to be a starter, etc. Feels like if the Lakers want to maximize what they get out of this year's team they better call Phil and get a quick installation of the Triangle.

Cook is decent....he played some crunch minutes for GSW '18 in the playoffs and definitely a 3 point theat. He should be in
the rotation but Vogel is afraid to hurt James feelings.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Next time Lou Williams and Montrezl Harrell will be in the line up vs Lakers...

Last time they were, they got their ass kicked worse. How about next time, UniBron get's their starting #2 and starting #5 to play. Then we'd really kick your ass.

UniBron is down 40% of their starters

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Nobody is going to remember the subpar individual boxscore given the outcome. And given his night was far from vintage, he still finished with 16 plus 11 boards and 7 dimes. Hit the clutch shot when it counted most, and that's been his trademark all career en route to LA's 50th triumph.

Not showing in the boxscore as well was the defensive lockdown of Paul George and Kawhi to seal the win as well on the final possession.

That's exactly what it was and they still won. JFC, just think what's going to happen once he warms up..... please see the third game they played this Season when 13-Klaws was at Full Fitness and UnniBron was not.... they still kicked their ass.

LBJ played great defense all night and stoned both of the Redundant Brothers more than once.

MrTop

EOG Master
LBJ looked good on defense... his offense was terrible .. he was afraid to drive or maybe could not.. His free throws were 2-7... vogel was afraid to bench him... he has a koolaid IV

sad

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
LBJ looked good on defense... his offense was terrible .. he was afraid to drive or maybe could not.. His free throws were 2-7... vogel was afraid to bench him... he has a koolaid IV

sad

Uhmmm. try watching the games. he drove on the last play of the game for his game winning put back.