ReStarting right where we left off!

kane

EOG master
These games matter only to the four teams in the West fighting for the last playoff spot, for the rest of these these teams these games are just a tune up for the playoffs, that's why every game is sailing Over, the defensive intensity isn't there like in the playoffs

These games matter only to the four teams in the West fighting for the last playoff spot, for the rest of these these teams these games are just a tune up for the playoffs, that's why every game is sailing Over, the defensive intensity isn't there like in the playoffs

Maybe for a first game or two, but the coaches are going to be all over these guys to clean up the defensive lapses. Meanwhile the oddsmakers will adjust and the totals will get inflated and there will be some money to be made going under. I'm giving it a few days and then will look to bet all the under that I can justify.

kane

EOG master
Tomorrow's totals are out and they're all really high, interested to see where they move. Yeah, I get what you're saying about the coaches getting on their guys about playing better defense, but it still might be tough on the players to turn up the intensity on D when they know these games don't mean much, I guess we'll see what happens

Tomorrow's totals are out and they're all really high, interested to see where they move. Yeah, I get what you're saying about the coaches getting on their guys about playing better defense, but it still might be tough on the players to turn up the intensity on D when they know these games don't mean much, I guess we'll see what happens

Other thing to remember is lots of guys getting action, especially for the bad teams, that haven't been in the NBA rotation previously. The defensive side is the hardest thing for them to adjust to, playing your position offensively isn't that difficult. Once these guys get a few games to go with practice they will look better too.

kane

EOG master
Other thing to remember is lots of guys getting action, especially for the bad teams, that haven't been in the NBA rotation previously. The defensive side is the hardest thing for them to adjust to, playing your position offensively isn't that difficult. Once these guys get a few games to go with practice they will look better too.

Correct, and good observation

lastyle7

EOG Veteran
Most of the these games are basically practice for the playoffs... so naturally scores are going to be higher...

Heim

EOG Master
Lakers saw playoff defense tonight...with the exception of b2b 3s LBJ MIA. And that doesn't stand for Miami.

Last edited:

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
An obvious flat spot for the Lakers coming off the Clipper win, the result was kinda predictable

BINGO!

Lakers have 6 meaningless games before the real ones start. They will spend time making sure they know who will be playing come playoff time. Lakers will be a great fade for the rest of the "regular" season

Heim

EOG Master
You don't think teams took notes re Clipper and Raptor defense. As soon as LBJ makes any move to the basket from point wings collapse...LBJ looks like a bull in a china shop trying to get to the hoop, defenders dropping like bowling pins...

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Didn't bother the Clippers...

Apples and Oranges. Lakers playing for nothing. Clippers still playing for seeding - to stay #2 or no worse than #3. If/when the Clippers clinch the #2 or #3 seed you won't see Kwahi play another second until the post-season

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Lakers tonight -20 when Brick was on the floor! Ouch!

And of course with his 5 assists it took 4 turnovers to get there.

What I saw of the game (mostly 1H) they were doubling AD and daring someone else to beat them.....

No one came close.

MrTop

EOG Master
Lakers tonight -20 when Brick was on the floor! Ouch!

And of course with his 5 assists it took 4 turnovers to get there.

What I saw of the game (mostly 1H) they were doubling AD and daring someone else to beat them.....

No one came close.

agree, That's how you got to do it.. double the best player .let the stiff beat you....the best on the court is AD. Maybe the best in the league.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
You don't think teams took notes re Clipper and Raptor defense. As soon as LBJ makes any move to the basket from point wings collapse...LBJ looks like a bull in a china shop trying to get to the hoop, defenders dropping like bowling pins...

LMAO. He's been in the LG 17-years and they just now caught him out? You're a really funny guy.

Heim

EOG Master
LMAO. He's been in the LG 17-years and they just now caught him out? You're a really funny guy.

He hasn't been at pg for 17 years.....with the exception of one year in Miami where the Mike Bibby experiment failed and he
was forced to ball handle more.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Lakers saw playoff defense tonight...with the exception of b2b 3s LBJ MIA. And that doesn't stand for Miami.

BTW, Toronto really misses ICBINK. Once again, as I told you last year, Toronto was really good and ICBINK had a ton of help.... it's called being well calibrated and actually watching teams and knowing what you are looking at.

He hasn't been at pg for 17 years.....with the exception of one year in Miami where the Mike Bibby experiment failed and he
was forced to ball handle more.

Newsflash, wings collapsing on LBJ has never been tried before and we found his cryptonite. JFC, please stop talking basketball. I am world renowned LBJ expert and wings crashing on him is nothing new.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Sorry for the acerbic tone guys, but i have no patience for dumb fucks, i just don't respect intellectual laziness and I don't think that's changing anytime soon :)

boston massacre

EOG Master
I wonder where that puts him career wise.... oh yeah, #1, still.... dumb fuck.

He CHOKED 6 Times Playing For The Championship.

You Don't Know Shit About Hoops.

You're in Love With a Basketball Player.

That Doesn't Mean You Understand or Have Knowledge of The Sport.

Plus, You're Someone Who ALWAYS Has An Excuse.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

You Don't Know Shit About Hoops.

You're in Love With a Basketball Player.

That Doesn't Mean You Understand or Have Knowledge of The Sport.

Plus, You're Someone Who ALWAYS Has An Excuse.

Are you talking to me?

Listen, Dumb Fuck. You can't talk +/- shit about the greatest +/- player whoever walked this Earth.... it's just beyond ignorant.

Grow a brain. Seriously. Enough of this Romper Room silliness. You're talking shit about LBJ's +/-? Really. You make it too easy.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Are you talking to me?

Listen, Dumb Fuck. You can't talk +/- shit about the greatest +/- player whoever walked this Earth.... it's just beyond ignorant.

Grow a brain. Seriously. Enough of this Romper Room silliness. You're talking shit about LBJ's +/-? Really. You make it too easy.

I Have To Repeat it.

CHOKED Means LOST.

Like I Said, Just Because You're in Love With Him, Doesn't Mean You Understand Basketball.

You're Infatuation With Him is a Different Topic When it Comes To His Basketball Talent.

6 out of 9 Opportunities To Go Home With The Championship, He CHOKED.

You're Infatuation with Him Prevents You From Acquiring Any Knowledge About The Sport of Basketball.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I Have To Repeat it.

CHOKED Means LOST.

Like I Said, Just Because You're in Love With Him, Doesn't Mean You Understand Basketball.

You're Infatuation With Him is a Different Topic When it Comes To His Basketball Talent.

6 out of 9 Opportunities To Go Home With The Championship, He CHOKED.

You're Infatuation with Him Prevents You From Acquiring Any Knowledge About The Sport of Basketball.

Bruv, I'm what you might call, The Founder of the Feast.

Heim

EOG Master
Funny, every time Lebron gets his pocket picked or rejected a stare follows with arms extended looking at the ref
because naturally he was always fouled. In that respect he is equal to Jordan.

Heim

EOG Master
Davis' numbers win or lose are the same to date as a Laker. OTOH LBJ doesn't score Lakers lose. Look it up. So the point is Lakeshow just played two elite defenses, LeBron was a no show. If you think that changes come playoff time in 5 or 7 they win it all. If sluggish offense continues versus elite, they have no chance. He's the difference maker, the numbers bare that out.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I'm gonna need another session as UniBron just clinched the #1 seed in the West. Oh yeah, they clobbered their silly-ass Season win Total as well.

Let's book two sessions as I'm feeling myself.
What advantage will the #1 seed have playing in a bubble?

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Feeling Yourself, or Feeling LeBron ?

You guys try to turn this into a gay for LBJ thing when I'm just a guy who appreciates greatness. The guy is beyond phenomenal and I appreciate it even if my lesser's don't.

I was talking about LBJ's greatness long before he led both teams in pts, rbs, asts, steals and blocks in the Finals. He's at another level than everybody else.