#RIP Mike Sexton. Any Stories about interacting with him?

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Linda Johnson announced on twitter that Mike passed away in his sleep (only wish this was the only way people would pass away) last night.

Anyone have any stories about interacting with Mike in Vegas or at some poker tournament locations.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Linda Johnson announced on twitter that Mike passed away in his sleep (only wish this was the only way people would pass away) last night.

Anyone have any stories about interacting with Mike in Vegas or at some poker tournament locations.

No stories for me but sad to see him pass. He made watching those WPT shows tolerable. That and Lynn Gil Martin stuffed into a dress a few sizes too small to enhance what she has.

A first-class guy in a game that is very short on that

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
I have only one. Dink ate with him pretty often at Amores. I'll ask him if he has any interest in telling stories but judging by his mood on the subject currently I doubt he is in the frame of mind to do so.

Probably 2015 (idk if poster chucky g is still here but same year you came to dinner with Rich, Dink and myself you might remember what year that was) I was playing the 75/150 omaha 8 at the rio for the Wsop.

The game was at the time a bit soft and good for talking a shot in a bigger game. Sexton would play in it while waiting for
the 25-50 PLO game to have a open seat.
He was a cordial guy and tight player who rarely mixed it up. Also he was probably pretty bored playing such low stakes compared to the game he was on the waiting list for.

I just remembered this last night but one night he was called to big game and as he was getting up and gathering his chips, headphones and phone etc a younger guy stopped him and tapped him on the shoulder and asked for a autograph on a magazine. Mike kindly obliged and then the kid asked for a photo, a selfie.

This young man had no idea that Mike was trying to get to a table 50 feet away and at the Rio you have 5 minutes to claim that seat or your name gets wiped from the list. No one would ever wait 2 hours on a list and then just give autographs, ask the man how he is playing and what events and then proceed to take several selfies and chance losing that seat you've been waiting for...

Except Mike Sexton apparently. Never struck me as exceptional and figured that was a one time thing. Reading in length about him on Twitter the last few days it turns out that's exactly who he was at all times. He never didnt have enough time for anyone who asked for it. He loved people and they loved him back. RIP

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
I had no idea that he was one of the creators of Party Poker..... played a big part in making online poker what it turned into in the mid 2000s.

railbird

EOG Master
Mikes bookie was Ralph Rudd bet 100 a game back then, this was before poker star windfall. Ralph testified in the poker brat guy that murdered his parents with a baseball bat bought at Whiskey Petes. A Jew Lawyer I forget his name, but a really nice guy, the kid was upside down on his house in Brea. A mixed game degenerate like Mike was.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Sexton told the story about being offered a piece of an online poker room that cost him, i cant remember the exact number, but it was between $100m and $500m.

Just a good ambassador of poker.

Just a good ambassador of humans.

railbird

EOG Master
A girl i know who plays poker says she is a 6 in a night club but a 10 in a poker room. So Mike is made nicer because of the poker nerds with headphones and hoodies are so anti social and marxists.

railbird

EOG Master
but thats why all the fish have dried up, nobody wants to sit next to leftists like Milkshake who gets offended on every other comment.