RIP Rick Ocasek - The Cars

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
The Killers' Brandon Flowers inducted The Cars into the Rock Hall earlier in the evening. He said "On the back of what is now established as one of the greatest debut albums ever made, the Cars were named “Best New Artist” in the 1978 Rolling Stone Readers Poll. Forty years later the group still sound like a new band to me.”

Weezer bassist Scott Shriner joined the group onstage in place of Orr who died in 2000. Everyone from the Cars paid tribute to the late musician Ben Orr in his hometown of Cleveland during their speeches. "Obviously it's hard not to notice that Benjamin Orr is not here," Ric Ocasek said. "He would have been elated to be here onstage in his home town. It feels quite strange to be up here without him. We miss him and love him dearly."

"I lived in Cleveland for a while – it was actually the first place I ever played music in front of people," said Ric Ocasek. "I think it was about 20 blocks away. So I've only moved this far up the street for all those years."

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
my favorite song from my favorite band.. Lets Go.... the late great Benjamin Orr on lead in this great classic song.

link not working.

Last edited:

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
My Favorite Band of all time. And my favorite song of theirs. 5 of my top 10 favorite songs are Car songs. RIP Ric.

The Cars were part of the soundtrack of my teenage years and added "eclectic" to my vocabulary. Also used "Hello Again" as my answering machine outgoing message for years. RIP Ric.

Favorite video of all-time:

blueline

EOG Master
Late Cars’ singer Ric Ocasek cut his estranged, supermodel wife out of his will, claiming that she “abandoned” him, the now-public document reveals.

“I have made no provision for my wife Paulina Porizkova (“Paulina”) as we are in the process of divorcing,” the new-wave icon wrote in his last wishes.

“Even if I should die before our divorce is final … Paulina is not entitled to any elective share … because she has abandoned me."

A filing listed with Ocasek’s will show that his assets include $5 million in “copyrights” — but just $100,000 in “tangible personal property” and $15,000 in cash.
The document doesn’t break down what constitutes the “copyrights” assets.
While $5.115 million may seem on the low-end for a rock-legend such as Ocasek, a Trusts and Estates lawyer who examined the document told The Post the Cars’ frontman likely had money stashed away in other trusts.
Like many high-profile deceased stars, Ocasek could have stored away “many millions of dollars worth of assets.”
“That’s the reason people use trusts: to protect their privacy,” the lawyer noted.
Ocasek, in his will, appears to have also stiffed two of his six sons — though not the children he had with Porizkova.
It’s possible the two sons who were left out in the will have been compensated through other financial means, a lawyer said.
“I can only assume that they either get nothing, or were provided for in some other way through another trust or with life insurance,” the trusts and estates lawyer said.
The document indicates that Ocasek signed the will on Aug. 28, less than a month before his death.