Rockets trade CP3 for Westbrook

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Just looked it up. Harden and Westbrook were #1 and #2 in usage this past season.

So Westbrook comes off the bench and runs the second unit?

bmiller

EOG Addicted
lets not forget Harden and Westbrook co existed before as teammates and that was with KD .. I think they can work it out .. just getting rid of CP3 and that ridiculous contract is a good move for Houston

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Both contracts suck given what we know about Westbrook now. It's just a trade to please everybodys egos and not a trade to actually help win. That's the problem with these clowns.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Westbrook is 30, Harden is 29.

They've known each for nearly 20 years since playing at the Boys and Girls Club in Los Angeles.

kane

EOG master
This has disaster written all over it, two ball dominant point guards on the court together, and Westbrook can't shoot, I have no idea how he'll be effective when Harden has the ball

kane

EOG master
lets not forget Harden and Westbrook co existed before as teammates and that was with KD .. I think they can work it out .. just getting rid of CP3 and that ridiculous contract is a good move for Houston

That was early in their careers, now these guys are both alpha's, no way this pairing works

Heim

EOG Master
Paul is a horrible teammate.....it didn't take long for Harden to get sick of his bitching too. Teammates put up with him
because he was a indispensable talent. Now just a slightly above average pg. If you ever watched Bewitched Paul
was Mrs Kravitz and Harden husband Abner during timeouts.

kane

EOG master

Speaking of ridiculous contracts, Westbrook will be making 170 Million over the next 4 years, his contract is worse than CP's

kane

EOG master
I have to think OKC will move CP, it makes no sense for them to take on that contract, not to mention why would they want him on a rebuilding team. The Heat could have had Westbrook, but Riley didn't want to give up the young assets OKC was looking for

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
The two worst chosen MVP's ever, are joining forces. Is UniBron suppose to fear WestBeard now?

kane

EOG master
The two worst chosen MVP's ever, are joining forces. Is UniBron suppose to fear WestBeard now?

The GOAT probably chuckled when he heard the news, there are teams in the West that can challenge him, Houston ain't one of them

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
The GOAT probably chuckled when he heard the news, there are teams in the West that can challenge him, Houston ain't one of them

Teams, as in plural? Besides 13-Klaws, who are you thinking? Nuggets? Jazz?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Paul is a horrible teammate.....it didn't take long for Harden to get sick of his bitching too. Teammates put up with him
because he was a indispensable talent. Now just a slightly above average pg. If you ever watched Bewitched Paul

Maybe so. But Paul made Harden a LOT of money with those SF ads.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Westbrook is 30, Harden is 29.

They've known each for nearly 20 years since playing at the Boys and Girls Club in Los Angeles.
Add 5 years to each of their ages in terms of NBA minutes played. Those aren't some young legs on Westbrook. He is due for his body to fall apart....and fast.

kane

EOG master
Add 5 years to each of their ages in terms of NBA minutes played. Those aren't some young legs on Westbrook. He is due for his body to fall apart....and fast.

Westbrook doesn't have the type of game that will age well, once he loses his athleticism, he's in trouble since he isn't a good shooter

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

1562936726568.png

Heim

EOG Master
I agree with Barkley today. Westbrook has to adapt to the #2 or else it will not work. You're not taking the
ball out of Harden's hands.

kane

EOG master
I agree with Barkley today. Westbrook has to adapt to the #2 or else it will not work. You're not taking the
ball out of Harden's hands.

But how can RW adapt? He's a guy who needs the ball in his hands to be effective, he's not a good enough shooter to play off the ball, Harden could play off the ball since he can shoot, but there's no way Harden is giving up the ball, so I really don't see how RW will fit. D'Antoni runs a system where it's either a layup or a three point attempt, RW is a terrible three point shooter, a team that lives and dies by the three ball and shoots them more than anyone, just traded for a guy who shot 29% from three last year and shoots 30% for his career. Morey loves acquiring the big name players, he doesn't care about fit, he just loves the big names. Oh, and they'll be paying RW 170M over the next 4 years, GL with that

Heim

EOG Master
Oh boy... Westbrook & Harden looked like oil & vinegar tonight. Horrible spacing. Harden standing around while Westbrook did his thing. Work in progress a understatement.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Oh boy... Westbrook & Harden looked like oil & vinegar tonight. Horrible spacing. Harden standing around while Westbrook did his thing. Work in progress a understatement.
I don’t see this ending well. Harden may be the new Carmelo.

MrTop

EOG Master
looks like erving , mcGinnis and loyd free all over again.... 1977-78

when erving came over to the 76ers... everyone thought they were going to win..... got bounced in the east finals..... too much offense.