Rodgers as a dog

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
(using covers.com lines)

ATS: 25-19-1
SU: 16-28-1
totals: 23-21-1

So the past 12 seasons (including post season games) since he took over as the starter, he's only been a dog 45 times?

He's started 174 games over that time. So based on that he's only been a dog in 26% of the games he's started over the years. Pretty amazing.

I would imagine Brady's stats in this realm are even far more impressive. Wild guess I'd say Brady has been a dog only 10-15% of the time.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
(using covers.com lines)

ATS: 25-19-1
SU: 16-28-1
totals: 23-21-1
remember he was injured for quite a few games so if you are just searching for the packers as a dog assuming he was the QB these numbers might be with the backup as qb.

if you searched only when rodgers was a starter then good info.

Valuist

EOG Master
The Packers team total now up to 19. I think GB team total under is the play. Very tough to pass on the Niners defense.

MrTop

EOG Master
ATS of years past when packers had different teams. So although it is something ( under valued when he starts) i cannot play it on just that stat. I would put more value on it in the same season. Smaller sample yes but team under valued all year..

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
To lazy to look this up for accuracy.. But someone on talk radio yesterday said four times Rodgers had had a rematch in the post season with a team that he lost to in the regular season. And he is 0-4 straight up in those rematch games.

Valuist

EOG Master
ATS of years past when packers had different teams. So although it is something ( under valued when he starts) i cannot play it on just that stat. I would put more value on it in the same season. Smaller sample yes but team under valued all year..

I agree. And its not as if the stat is shockingly powerful. It is a piece of information to the puzzle.

Heim

EOG Master
lol RJ Bell saying today Tom Brady and Rodgers are comparable talents right now.

Rodgers not even a top ten quarterback according to Bell. JFC RJ

Neither one necessarily has a full complement of playmakers around them.

At this point in their career, with a full complement of complementary playmakers, I'd rather have Rodgers than Brady if I had only one possession left at the end of the game to play for the win. Brady still makes clutch throws, but sometimes now he needs two or three extra plays during a drive to make them, whereas he used to more consistently go bip, bip, bip down the field, one clutch throw after another. You don't always get those second and third chances to make a play.

But, in the above situation of one final drive, again with a full complement of complementary playmakers, I'd rather have Russell Wilson than either Rodgers or Brady.

But I'm not sure that I'd relegate Brady and Rodgers to the lower 22 of NFL quarterbacks. To paraphrase Parcells, you can dial 1-800-QRTRBAK and still have a hard time rounding up many elite quarterbacks. It would be mildly interesting -- but only mildly -- to know Bell's 10 quarterbacks who edge out Rodgers and Brady and push them toward the bottom of the list.

So on that 25-19-1 ATS metric as a dog, was there any significant home/road split, if you have that handy?

Valuist

EOG Master
Neither one necessarily has a full complement of playmakers around them.

At this point in their career, with a full complement of complementary playmakers, I'd rather have Rodgers than Brady if I had only one possession left at the end of the game to play for the win. Brady still makes clutch throws, but sometimes now he needs two or three extra plays during a drive to make them, whereas he used to more consistently go bip, bip, bip down the field, one clutch throw after another. You don't always get those second and third chances to make a play.

But, in the above situation of one final drive, again with a full complement of complementary playmakers, I'd rather have Russell Wilson than either Rodgers or Brady.

But I'm not sure that I'd relegate Brady and Rodgers to the lower 22 of NFL quarterbacks. To paraphrase Parcells, you can dial 1-800-QRTRBAK and still have a hard time rounding up many elite quarterbacks. It would be mildly interesting -- but only mildly -- to know Bell's 10 quarterbacks who edge out Rodgers and Brady and push them toward the bottom of the list.

So on that 25-19-1 ATS metric as a dog, was there any significant home/road split, if you have that handy?

Didn't break it into home/road.

Thanks, oh well . . . was curious but not enough to dig into it if you didn't have it, as I'm basically looking at things for the 2020 regular season at this point.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
lol RJ Bell saying today Tom Brady and Rodgers are comparable talents right now.

This is his new radio style...shock rail. He learned this from cowherd.

Rj gets away w this because fezzik n powers are two big of pussies to step on bells toes no matter how insane his statement.

Its a puppet show over there where rj just pulls the idiots to whatever his theory is at the time.

MrTop

EOG Master
SF woke up from the dead when they picked up 3 defenders who were out.. I don't see rogers beating SF. 49ers defense better against pass

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
There is absolutely no reason why GB should win this game. They are outclassed on both sides of the football. It's obvious.

But.... As the old saying goes, there's a reason why they play the game.

southern coach

EOG Member
Saw this on another site. .. thought you might find it interesting...I believe these are SU

Aaron Rodgers' last 5 playoff losses all came to teams he also lost to that regular season:

- 2016 NFC Championship at ATL
- 2015 NFC Divisional at ARI
- 2014 NFC Championship at SEA
- 2013 NFC Wild Card vs SF
- 2012 NFC Divisional at SF

The 49ers beat Rodgers 37-8 in Week 12

Rodgers faces the 49ers' #1 pass defense Sunday.

Rodgers against #1 pass defenses, including playoffs:

- 1-4 record (0-4 on the road)
- 4 pass TD, 4 INT
- 72.2 passer rating

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Yup..but not top ten according to Vegas experts...
Calling RJ Bell a Vegas expert, we may need a ruling.

Personally I think he’s a top 10 QB, but he’s starting to slide a little. Much rather have Mahomes today, not even close.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Dude. No matter how bad Rodgers has played towards the end, he is still Rodgers.

He is a BAD BAD man. He can find holes and whip passes into any defense when he is on. It would come to no shock to anybody with any sort of IQ and sound mind to see him lead the Packers to a victory over the 49ers.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I dont give a shit what stats your model spits out. I dont give a shit what numbers go with what.

This guy is very much possible of getting into a zone where he can pick apart a defense. Because he is Aaron Fucking Rodgers

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Dont let anybody fool you homies. Its going to be the same shit just like against Vikings but GB is a tad bit better than Vikings.
I think the GB defense is much improved over the last few seasons. They also have a hot RB in Jones. Will it be enough? I think they have to let Jones win the game with ball control instead of Rodgers passing. That is how you stop a dymamic pass rush.

MrTop

EOG Master
I think the GB defense is much improved over the last few seasons. They also have a hot RB in Jones. Will it be enough? I think they have to let Jones win the game with ball control instead of Rodgers passing. That is how you stop a dymamic pass rush.

i agree with the running game , screens and play action to beat SF.. The passing defense of SF too good to pass on them every down

lap18

EOG Dedicated
Dude. No matter how bad Rodgers has played towards the end, he is still Rodgers.

He is a BAD BAD man. He can find holes and whip passes into any defense when he is on. It would come to no shock to anybody with any sort of IQ and sound mind to see him lead the Packers to a victory over the 49ers.
49ers will be all over Rodgers all day. He will get tired of getting hit hard. It wouldn't surprise me if the 49ers get up early and they are pressuring Rodgers he fake an injury.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
I know he doesnt like to run anymore it seems, but he wont be able to beat the Niners from the pocket alone
(I think he knows it)

$220.00$ 200.00 Pending1/19/20 6:40pm NFL Props Football 5715 A.Rodgers rushing yards/. Over 13½ -110*

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I know he doesnt like to run anymore it seems, but he wont be able to beat the Niners from the pocket alone
(I think he knows it)

$220.00$ 200.00 Pending1/19/20 6:40pm NFL Props Football 5715 A.Rodgers rushing yards/. Over 13½ -110*
the 49ers play a high percent of zone defense that takes away rodgers running chances. good luck.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Within all this too, RT Bryan Bulaga should play for GB. He left in 1st in quarter against SF during reg season.

Yall are going to be in for a big suprise. Rodgers is a BAD BAD man

Last edited:

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
GB may cover because of Rodgers, but they will win because of A Jones and the D. This has been their formula all season.

blueline

EOG Master
Flipping channels stopped for a moment on the espn betting show..one of the experts handed out SF - 7 -160