Ron Rivera Fired...

Heim

EOG Master
Cam's future in jeopardy, however 19 million to keep him is a bargain nowadays.

Cam is probably hoping they let him go somewhere else. He will get paid well and get a starting job elsewhere.

bmiller

EOG Addicted
I assume that is why it's off the board at Pinnacle.
any idea what the line was at Pinnacle before they took it off the board? curious to know if they put it back with a different number even though there shouldn't be any line movement at all because of a coaching change

blueline

EOG Master
any idea what the line was at Pinnacle before they took it off the board? curious to know if they put it back with a different number even though there shouldn't be any line movement at all because of a coaching change

opened ATL -2

I'd move the number a bit because it's clear the Panthers are a mess with Rivera. New coach comes in and they get rid of that overhang plus everyone knows jobs are on the line.

johnny13

EOG Member
Rivera was a league worst 2-10 on wining the coin toss. Not sure if he went with the same caller all those games, but results are results and he was clearly not getting the job done here. Putting your team behind the eight ball week after week by losing the opening toss is a recipe for disaster. Guys WANT to win the toss...makes um feel good. And say what you want about Sean McVie, but it's worth noting he is a league-leading 10-2 on the toss. Is it any wonder that the Rams seem to be gearing up for a late-season run after thrashing the Cards. I think not!!

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Seeing -3 now. Wonder where Riverboat Ronnie and Cam will rear their ugly heads next season after a 4th straight loss overall on Sunday to the 3-9 Redskins was the last straw.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Would love to see a major offseason shakeup and see riverboat Ron replace Garrett although it's not likely to happen Then again Jerry, you're a gambling man right given your $8.3b net worth?

kane

EOG master
You think Kitchens is gone?

He never should have gotten the job in the first place, and unless the Browns somehow make the playoffs, I think he's gone. With all the ego's and characters on that team, Cleveland needs a head coach that immediately commands respect, someone who's been around and has had success, Kitchens looks like and sounds like a country bumpkin, I don't think the players have much respect for him and I think he's in over his head, he's never been a head coach before and there was a lot of pressure on him to win this year, the expectations, fairly or unfairly, were high this year, but things haven't worked out, Mayfield has taken a step back from his rookie season last year and some of that is on Kitchens. An unproven coach having to deal with massive ego's combined with high expectations was a recipe for disaster. Rivera would bring them instant credibility, he's gone to a SB and has had success, he's someone the players would respect, not saying that's the guy they should get, but he is someone I would consider. Whoever gets the job has to be someone the players will have immediate respect for, a guy with a proven track record. I would fire kitchens as soon as the season ends and go in a different direction if I were the Browns.

parlaynow

EOG Dedicated
Kitchen seen as a good qb coach for Mayfield but has been a bust as a head coachwhen u can't beat a good njured Steeler team with a fifth string qb..his days are numbered
Bye bye freddie

High Times

EOG Master
Rivers failed in the most important part of his job. Advancing Cam's career.... Any team would be foolish to hire him.

Very average head coach.