Sacramento announcer

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I read that using the "all lives matter" counter to the "black lives matter" is now a fireable offense.

Sounds like this guy had some racist undertones that didn't sit well with former Sac players. This was simply the straw that broke the camel's back.

Or simply a way for the Kings to look woke.

This world we live in now is bending the knee way way too often.

kane

EOG master
I don't think the guy should have lost his job over his "all lives matter" comment, his apology seemed sincere. We've all said, or posted, or tweeted some things we wish we could take back, we're only human, no one is perfect. He tweeted something he shouldn't have, he immediately owned it and said he was sorry, I think we're a bit too sensitive in this country.

skinny

EOG Addicted
If you're a white guy in the public eye you better say white people are racist, cops are racist and America is racist, anything
contrary to that you could lose your job.
Vic Fangio could be next

Shear madness.

Don Quixote

EOG Enthusiast
Napear has been viciously ripping Cousins on air ever since he left the Kings.
Agree with Heim, set~up and pay~back by Cousins.

That's a little rough, though. Napear could have very well been virginal about the situation.

I was never a big fan of Napear at all, but I'm spoiled by the bay area announcers.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
If you're a white guy in the public eye you better say white people are racist, cops are racist and America is racist, anything
Vic Fangio could be next

Shear madness.
He ended his career today.

The Rooney rule is the biggest joke in football. The NFL things this is a great system.

skinny. A white guy who wants to keep his job in today's climate is better to be a mute.

Michael Jordan had the right idea by not making a comment.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Napear has been viciously ripping Cousins on air ever since he left the Kings.
Agree with Heim, set~up and pay~back by Cousins.

That's a little rough, though. Napear could have very well been virginal about the situation.

I was never a big fan of Napear at all, but I'm spoiled by the bay area announcers.
So was the criticism about Cousin's play? I'm sure he isn't the only one to believe that Cousin's has under performed in his career. Moments of great play followed up by weeks of being below average.

Why is this something?

cheapseats

EOG Master
So was the criticism about Cousin's play? I'm sure he isn't the only one to believe that Cousin's has under performed in his career. Moments of great play followed up by weeks of being below average.

Why is this something?
Because it came out of a white man's mouth.

Don Quixote

EOG Enthusiast

Why is this something?

It was definitely an off court issue between Cousins and Napear and others.

Don't know first hand, but I perceive that Napear wasn't the only one to find Boogie a little "difficult" off court to say the least.

It could be that his off court behavior was also the reason for a lot of bad calls against him & the "league" found his "marketability" undesirable.
I've always been a Cousins fan.

So many are in no win situations. All these companies sending me emails stating their positions on racism and the situation are just so stupid. I don't need to know my favorite store or restaurant are against racism, that should just be a given. Besides if you have tens of thousands of employees to say you stand against racism is just going to get you in trouble because I guarantee there are some racists amongst your ranks and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it. But when that person shows their true colors better believe that person is going to be used against you and this message you just sent.

Its a no win situation and everyone that's not close to the actual situation should just stay quiet or say something very simple to deflect. If you don't do that you end up with Grant Napear's situation. You can't win right now commenting and you get crucified if you don't say anything. Such a fucked up country we live in.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Everyone getting 40 million dollar contracts around him, and he can barely sign a 1 year deal for peanuts. You know it's killing this guy.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
So many are in no win situations. All these companies sending me emails stating their positions on racism and the situation are just so stupid. I don't need to know my favorite store or restaurant are against racism, that should just be a given. Besides if you have tens of thousands of employees to say you stand against racism is just going to get you in trouble because I guarantee there are some racists amongst your ranks and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it. But when that person shows their true colors better believe that person is going to be used against you and this message you just sent.

Its a no win situation and everyone that's not close to the actual situation should just stay quiet or say something very simple to deflect. If you don't do that you end up with Grant Napear's situation. You can't win right now commenting and you get crucified if you don't say anything. Such a fucked up country we live in.
Spot on

Professional teams statements makes me laugh

We are against murder and cops killing people

Great! Good to know!

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Just went through deleted folder

email statements from my gym and a local independent league baseball team. Also a writing instruments manufacturer. Also NJIT and Rutgers felt compelled to tell me they don't support murder and dirty cops. Good to know!

railbird

EOG Master
Vic Fangio could be next

Shear madness.
and if you disagree with a jew about any subject your anti semetic.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Guesser got convinced that all lives don't matter by the media.

What a shocking revelation.
Right over the Lying Cultist Traitor's head, like usual. I actually had a friend educate me about it, but she wouldn't deal with the likes of you, so media postings will have to do.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
The fools that respond All Lives Matter, to Black lives matter, are the same type of fools that refused to Call Muhammad Ali anything other than Cassius Clay, or Kareem anything other than Lew Alcindor. They don't listen and they have no empathy.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
The fools that respond All Lives Matter, to Black lives matter, are the same type of fools that refused to Call Muhammad Ali anything other than Cassius Clay, or Kareem anything other than Lew Alcindor. They don't listen and they have no empathy.

I guess those who don't say, "all lives matter" have undertaken the concept of stereotyping people who don't agree with them instead.

Seems like a valiant cause. LOL.

You couldn't be more hypocritical if you tried.

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
I used to think there was nothing wrong with saying All Lives Matter, in response to Black Lives Matter. I've been educated as to why it's not, and I get it now. This article, and others like it, do a pretty decent job of explaining why. https://www.vox.com/2016/7/11/12136140/black-all-lives-matter

The no-brainer correct response to one’s opinion of BLM is: BLM is an extremely racist, hate filled organization.
BLM only cares about black lives when they can try to blame (regardless of merit) some grievance on whites or the government.
BLM never places ANY personal responsibility on blacks.

Vox: “it’s simply pointing out that black people's lives are relatively undervalued in the US — and more likely to be ended by police — and the country needs to recognize that inequity to bring an end to it.”

Blacks kill waaaaaaaay more blacks than the police do. BLM needs to recognize that inequity to bring an end to it. But BLM ignores the massive amount of black on black crime. That requires personal responsibility. And that doesn’t fit BLM’s agenda.

“Relatively undervalued”...
A degree in hard sciences is way more valuable than a degree in the victimization industry.
A group where 80% of kids don’t have both parents is going to massively underperform the rest of society, and be less valuable to society, regardless of race, religion or any other category. Again, it’s not racism, it’s lack of personal responsibility.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

BINGO!

To quote Herm Edwards:Don't Hit Send

STFU. These days that is he only way to do things

One of the very first things they stressed when I started doing HS Hops was: Silence can never be misquoted

When I am on the court the only thing I do is talk basketball. We are told keep the conversation strictly on the game and what happened and we can never get in trouble. There are times when my partner and I will get together at mid court. Maybe late in the game to discuss things. Maybe something else. Whenever we talk I either cover my mouth with my hand or use the basketball to do so. And I make sure to speak just loud enough for him/her to hear it since I know microphones pick up things from a long way away

I do think it is chickenshit what happened to him. His goal was not to offend anyone. If I was him I would have made the Kings fire me. I would not have given them an easy way out

MrTop

EOG Master
The no-brainer correct response to one’s opinion of BLM is: BLM is an extremely racist, hate filled organization.
BLM only cares about black lives when they can try to blame (regardless of merit) some grievance on whites or the government.
BLM never places ANY personal responsibility on blacks.

Vox: “it’s simply pointing out that black people's lives are relatively undervalued in the US — and more likely to be ended by police — and the country needs to recognize that inequity to bring an end to it.”

Blacks kill waaaaaaaay more blacks than the police do. BLM needs to recognize that inequity to bring an end to it. But BLM ignores the massive amount of black on black crime. That requires personal responsibility. And that doesn’t fit BLM’s agenda.

“Relatively undervalued”...
A degree in hard sciences is way more valuable than a degree in the victimization industry.
A group where 80% of kids don’t have both parents is going to massively underperform the rest of society, and be less valuable to society, regardless of race, religion or any other category. Again, it’s not racism, it’s lack of personal responsibility.

i agree that is the final product ... do you think the people that do those crimes have a good job ? the politicians & wall street gave those jobs away years ago.. you are seeing the results..
look at Lebron & MJ they sent their sneakers to be made in china too.. until they raise the wages nothing will get fixed. Donations to these organizations help some but higher wages would help more... the problem is the CEO wants his yacht and jet.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
The man should not have lost his job(s) for what he said. He should be taught, like many of us have been, to why that's the wrong response, but a job costing response? No way. Unless he was very highly paid and they wanted to move on and were just looking for an excuse.

MrTop

EOG Master
The man should not have lost his job(s) for what he said. He should be taught, like many of us have been, to why that's the wrong response, but a job costing response? No way. Unless he was very highly paid and they wanted to move on and were just looking for an excuse.

agree but there is PC

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated
BS firing.

No crime No death.

Until the black community address their crime rate there will be no end to racism.

It all started with a crime.