Saints Line without Brees

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Came back at -5.5. Down to -4.5. I'll definitely be on the Saints, but I'm waiting for how low it will go because of the overrating of the drop off from the current Drew to Jameis/Hill.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Watching last weeks game I would say a lot lol. However I think with Crablegs having a week of reps with the starters it won't be as big of a drop off this week but still a drop off.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
However I think with Crablegs having a week of reps with the starters it won't be as big of a drop off this week but still a drop off.

Historically the difference in 2nd/3rd string QB's who get starter reps all week versus those who do not has been huge. Good point.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Crab legs is not the answer.....

By the way, the hit on Brees was brutal....the defensive guy should have been thrown out of the game, fined, and suspended.....just an opinion....

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
I will say though Brees is one tough MF'er.

I knew he was hurt but didn't think he was as bad as he was.....

Most QB's are staying in the locker room for the 2H, this guy refused to not be out with his team.

The little guy has heart, has it in droves.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Wonder what if it was Brady that was taken down that hard?

Would suck if it was Brady but still not cause for the player to have been "thrown out of the game, fined, and suspended".

Did you even see the play VD?

There's only a few places you can even hit a QB these days and he managed to find the sweet spot, somewhere between the skirt and his halter top.

And then of course you can't drive him to the ground and/or put all your weight on him upon landing, he did neither of those either.

Not sure what you saw. You can't look at what injury the QB sustained and go from there, assume it must have a dirty hit since he has cracked ribs.

I think you're using your heart and not your head on this one. Blame your OL, not the dude that got the sack.

Ask anyone that isn't a Saints fan (and probably a few of those as well) and they will tell you it was a clean hit.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Would suck if it was Brady but still not cause for the player to have been "thrown out of the game, fined, and suspended".

Did you even see the play VD?

There's only a few places you can even hit a QB these days and he managed to find the sweet spot, somewhere between the skirt and his halter top.

And then of course you can't drive him to the ground and/or put all your weight on him upon landing, he did neither of those either.

Not sure what you saw. You can't look at what injury the QB sustained and go from there, assume it must have a dirty hit since he has cracked ribs.

I think you're using your heart and not your head on this one. Blame your OL, not the dude that got the sack.

Ask anyone that isn't a Saints fan (and probably a few of those as well) and they will tell you it was a clean hit.

Of course I saw the play...and I still believe the defender put all his weight on Brees as he drove him to the ground..Pat, I respect your view and I guess we move on.....

Real interesting situation with Jameis. He will make mistakes on the throws Brees does not miss on, but adds elements to the offense they don't really get from Brees. Saints largely seem to play to the level of opposition, maybe they go about things differently in this one and actually try to open up a lead and stop trying to win on endgame.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Real interesting situation with Jameis. He will make mistakes on the throws Brees does not miss on, but adds elements to the offense they don't really get from Brees. Saints largely seem to play to the level of opposition, maybe they go about things differently in this one and actually try to open up a lead and stop trying to win on endgame.
They really need a healthy Michael Thomas. They have a very thin WR corps.

kane

EOG master

I have a feeling the Saints will be a little more conservative on offense with Jameis, they'll put him in a position to succeed and not allow him to fling the ball around recklessly like in Tampa, just have him get the ball to his playmakers without taking any unnecessary chances

I have a feeling the Saints will be a little more conservative on offense with Jameis, they'll put him in a position to succeed and not allow him to fling the ball around recklessly like in Tampa, just have him get the ball to his playmakers without taking any unnecessary chances

Way to beat the Falcons though is go after their soft corners relentlessly. Their line and LB corp is playing really well since they got rid of Quinn. A conservative game plan is asking for trouble.

kane

EOG master
Way to beat the Falcons though is go after their soft corners relentlessly. Their line and LB corp is playing really well since they got rid of Quinn. A conservative game plan is asking for trouble.

I guess we'll see what Payton's game plan is, we'll see how much he trusts Jameis

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated
High school coach used to yell at me. " Drive that QB, RB to the ground, use him as a cushion." All rule changes favor the offense. I used to see NFL totals, 33, 35, 38. 45 was a big fucking total. I used to enjoy a 13-10 game.

railbird

EOG Master
High school coach used to yell at me. " Drive that QB, RB to the ground, use him as a cushion." All rule changes favor the offense. I used to see NFL totals, 33, 35, 38. 45 was a big fucking total. I used to enjoy a 13-10 game.
i prefer low scoring games in all sports, even soccer. i loved watching utah state stu morrill 120 totals. princeton total 99. nfl totals were 34 or 37, i remember k gun jim kelly total on a mnf football was 50 and everyone was freaking out at the number.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Crab legs is not the answer.....

By the way, the hit on Brees was brutal....the defensive guy should have been thrown out of the game, fined, and suspended.....just an opinion....
Couldn't disagree more. That was a guy sacking a QB cleanly in tackle football.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
i prefer low scoring games in all sports, even soccer. i loved watching utah state stu morrill 120 totals. princeton total 99. nfl totals were 34 or 37, i remember k gun jim kelly total on a mnf football was 50 and everyone was freaking out at the number.
I remember a couple NFL totals 31.5 involving either Balt or TB back in the early 90's.