Same Ol' Lions...

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
But if you were to go into a draft and want a decent franchise QB to plug in for 10 years, Stafford is it and it can be considered a success.

For one reason or another the run game and defense never lived up to anything really. Even on the Suh days, Suh was a hot head.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
What do you want exactly? you plug in Ryan and Rivers on Detroit for the past decade they will have similar results as far as wins losses

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I would agree he is below Ryan. But to me when it's all said and done, hes had a successful NFL career.

I remember the days of that Chicago defense. Minnesota was defensive for a while there too.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Stafford has never had one signature win in his 11 years with the Lions. 6 possessions in the 2nd half led to 3 punts and 3 FG's. This is a game that Russel Wilson or Tom Brady wins. This is a game Matt Stafford and the Lions lose. That is the culture around here. Starts w/ ownership and then management and then on field coaching. The same symptoms appear each game. Against KC, settled for FG's, blown coverage on 4th and 8 gives Mahomes a big gain, and KC wins. They can never put away teams, ever. Happened in AZ, Almost happened in Philly. Beat LAC who shot themselves in their own foot that game. They are not good enough to win, just good enough to compete.

Drop the mike, 300.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
The Lions should try to trade Stafford and get maybe two first rounders for him from a sucker team and trade up in the draft and take a chance on someone else

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
I've been saying that for the last couple of years. He is having a great season, in typical Stat Paddford fashion. His value may never be higher as it is right now.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Almost all of those yards and touchdowns were stress free. On teams out of contention and during garbage time. Auto fade in wild card. Has never won a playoff game and will never win a playoff game.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Pissed away the 2022 #1 overall draft pick today.

Will be interesting to see how that affects the Lions. If they are going QB, then Jax already has their QB, so it doesn't matter, unless Jax trades down.

One thing about this season was the Lions never quit on Dan Campbell, they certainly played hard for him all season long. I still don't believe Campbell is the solution but we shall see what happens this off season. If they bungle the draft again, then there may never be any hope.