Santa Ana winds hit 60 mph in Los Angles

railbird

EOG Master
Not sure if wind blows in, out or sideways, but it will effect ball flight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heim

EOG Master
The MLB weather reports are understating the wind.....I doubt it subsides to 12-14 mph by game time. Plus it will be blowing in from center. I see many of the 7.5s disappearing by the first pitch,

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

This time of year - it is minimal, if that

SA winds come in from the desert and blow IN. Very strongly. A ball that would normally go half way up the Pavillion now will be lucky to make the warning track. It will most affect balls hit into Center/Right Field.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
But looking at the forecast for the area around game time it looks like the winds will not be as powerful as they were last night/this morning. I woke up this morning to leaves and the like allover the place and patio furniture moved and covers blown off. When the SA wings blow I make sure to never get on the other side of a truck when on the road since the winds can blow over an 18-wheeler and if you are on the wrong side of the truck.........we know what happens

cheapseats

EOG Master
they'll still play havoc with pop-ups, especially around the plate b/c the winds/gust, if there, will swirl off the stadium behind home plate, making it very difficult

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Doesn’t effect me, I don’t live in California......but I hope it hits Huntington Beach
Nicely played.

I checked 3 local weather sources and any wind will be blowing in from LF. It will create a interesting dynamic when dodger hitters swing from the heels tryingto hit Hader.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
they'll still play havoc with pop-ups, especially around the plate b/c the winds/gust, if there, will swirl off the stadium behind home plate, making it very difficult

BINGO! Any ball that gets up high and especially above the stadium will be an adventure. It is no sure thing to be caught

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Saw some pics of batting practice and there definitely is some wind there. The shadows are another good point.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Saw some pics of batting practice and there definitely is some wind there. The shadows are another good point.

This time of year won't be much of a factor if at all. Sun sets at 6:18 but by the time the game starts my guess is most of home plate and pitcher's mound will be in the shade. If sun is a factor it won't be for more than an inning or 2- if that.

Wind - that will definitelty be a factor

Heim

EOG Master
The under is getting some resistance which is a little worrisome.

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
Funny most of the under bets were predicated on the wind however the wind helped Arcia's dinger.