Santa Anita announced it has closed racing totally

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
Maybe Frank can put a dome over the track, it's a 100% perfect UNTIL IT RAINS.

They paid some Phd dirt expert from Kentucky to say the track was 100% before the last 2 breakdowns.

Now they paid the retired track superintendent to come back and say the track is 100%.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
It is interesting to watch the VERY rare partnership going on right now of the very environmental liberal generally over concerned PETA types (not saying all are bad or all issues are bad) shoulder to shoulder with the Red State Bible thumping conservative "gambling is bad for families and society lets limit peoples rights to do what the want to as adults" types (not saying all are bad or all issues are bad) hoping to dent horse racing. That same partnership group got dog racing banned in Florida.

It might just work again eventually. hope not but interesting partnership developing.

mr merlin

EOG Master
It is interesting to watch the VERY rare partnership going on right now of the very environmental liberal generally over concerned PETA types (not saying all are bad or all issues are bad) shoulder to shoulder with the Red State Bible thumping conservative "gambling is bad for families and society lets limit peoples rights to do what the want to as adults" types (not saying all are bad or all issues are bad) hoping to dent horse racing. That same partnership group got dog racing banned in Florida.

It might just work again eventually. hope not but interesting partnership developing.
The anti gambling bible thumping thing is pretty much non existent IMO. Right now only the left seeks govt control over almost every aspect of our lives.

Heim

EOG Master
The last thing a racetrack wants is the DA snooping around. It looks like that is going to happen looking for
animal cruelty violations.

blueline

EOG Master

Racing will be around during my lifetime..much much more money involved than greyhounds

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Quite the scene, never heard of anything like this before in racing, hopefully they figure it all out

Heim

EOG Master
This must be killing Gabe and his pocketbook. His professional betting contacts only deal with 'A' tracks.

blueline

EOG Master
I'm out of the loop on this but is SA doing ok....does Stronach family or whomever controls it want to unload it?...if so now could be the time to sell to developers because as I understood it there had to be some sort of public vote before it could be sold and now could be the time for that if intentions are to sell

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I plan to play the races from morning until night this Saturday.

Dubai World Cup and Florida Derby are the big races.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Press release from Meydan Racecourse:

The accumulative purse for the prize money on offer is a staggering $35 million – the highest anywhere in the world eclipsing major racing events like the Epsom Derby Festival, Royal Ascot, The Breeders’ Cup and Melbourne Cup.

bishqqq

EOG Addicted
i thought i read somewhere, they moved santa anita races to los alamedos, dirt only ?.........maybe i misunderstood

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Los Alamitos owner Ed Allred offered to run Santa Anita races at his racetrack in early March.

Santa Anita rejected the offer.

alldaycapper

EOG Veteran
I went down for opening day and haven't bet the track since. Cancelled my trip for Santa Anita derby which I go to every year. If the track cares more about what the nuts at PETA think and don't give horseplayers a minute of their time then they don't get my $.