Saudi king urges consumers to get used to high oil prices

Source:
http://www.breitbar t.com/article. php?id=080701112 646.vg97wut2& show_article= 1

Saudi king urges consumers to get used to high oil prices
Jul 1 07:26 AM US/Eastern

King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, whose nation is the world's number one
oil exporter, called on consumer countries to get used to high prices in
comments published on Tuesday.

"Consumer countries have to adapt to the prices and the mechanisms of
the market," the king said in an interview published by the Kuwaiti
daily Al-Siyassah.

"We have nothing to do with the current sharp increase in crude prices,"
he said reiterating the Saudi position that speculation, rising demand
and the taxation of oil products in consumer countries were to blame.

"These countries must reduce their taxes on fuel.. if they want to
contribute to easing the burden on ordinary consumers," he said.

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated
Re: Saudi king urges consumers to get used to high oil prices

lets just find alternate fuel sources (solar, wind, nuclear, etc) and tell him to
what he can do with his oil.

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

lets just find alternate fuel sources (solar, wind, nuclear, etc) and tell him to
what he can do with his oil.

I think we need to drill for our own oil offshore as well......We are still years away on alternative energy sources like fuel cell and battery power that lasts a long time in our vehicles.

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

I think we need to drill for our own oil offshore as well......We are still years away on alternative energy sources like fuel cell and battery power that lasts a long time in our vehicles.

drilling off shore won't bring prices down, the saudis will just cut back production to keep the prices high.

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

drilling off shore won't bring prices down, the saudis will just cut back production to keep the prices high.

Maybe true, but we won't be so dependent on them in case of a crisis or war in the Mideast.

Maybe true, but we won't be so dependent on them in case of a crisis or war in the Mideast.

Reno you do understand how long it will take to actually find the oil, set up the rigs, drill, and then get the oil to a refinery that is already maxed out, right?

Add a few hurricanes on top of that... It's not a pretty picture.

ironmike67

EOG Senior Member

Lets get to it.Times a wasting.Sooner the better

mr merlin

EOG Master

Reno you do understand how long it will take to actually find the oil, set up the rigs, drill, and then get the oil to a refinery that is already maxed out, right?

Add a few hurricanes on top of that... It's not a pretty picture.
Yea, Dawgs right, if something is a little hard to do - no sense even trying.
I would like the oil companies to get together and announce that they will immediatly cease production of all oil in the USA, since someday it will all be gone anyway. Also, no sense even having dinner tonight - someday you're gonna be dead!

Yea, Dawgs right, if something is a little hard to do - no sense even trying.
I would like the oil companies to get together and announce that they will immediatly cease production of all oil in the USA, since someday it will all be gone anyway. Also, no sense even having dinner tonight - someday you're gonna be dead!

Typical statist response from the troll.

I favor using that time, money, and effort to finding something better than oil. Perhaps the US should look to the future instead of the past... Maybe THAT is the hard thing to do... You, troll, favor taking the easy way out.

mr merlin

EOG Master

Typical statist response from the troll.

I favor using that time, money, and effort to finding something better than oil. Perhaps the US should look to the future instead of the past... Maybe THAT is the hard thing to do... You, troll, favor taking the easy way out.
Exactly - you can do whatever you want with your own money. But you don't want the oil companies to do what they want with their money unless guys like you give them permission, huh?

If I believed for even a second that the world was running out of oil, I might be for it, but the fact is, oil is not, and will not be in short supply for decades, if ever.

Exactly - you can do whatever you want with your own money. But you don't want the oil companies to do what they want with their money unless guys like you give them permission, huh?

As long as I'm allowed to vote, you better believe it. :houra

If I believed for even a second that the world was running out of oil, I might be for it, but the fact is, oil is not, and will not be in short supply for decades, if ever.

Then you, troll, can't see the forest for the trees.

mr merlin

EOG Master

Well, then dont bitch when the price keeps rising, I know it wont hurt me. I can picture it now - half a nation of poor, broke, transportationless democrats, secure in nothing but their convictions!

Well, then dont bitch when the price keeps rising, I know it wont hurt me. I can picture it now - half a nation of poor, broke, transportationless democrats, secure in nothing but their convictions!

Have you seen me bitch one time? I saw this coming YEARS ago... the minute I got wind of plans to invade Iraq.