Seinfeld. Best show ever.

MCP

serenity now !

on a side note, I have caught myself watching Sex n the City on a few occasions, but only waiting for that gorgeous brunette to lose the clothes, but she never does, how disappointing.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
Seinfeld easily the best, funniest, and brightest sitcom ever...

Anyone that disagrees either hasn't watched it enough, or just isn't intelligent enough to understand it, lol

intelligent to understand it? lol the shows are about NOTHING!!! doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand what is going on in a seinfeld episode.

peteep - if you LOOOOOOOOVE seinfeld, i HIGHLY RECOMMEND a show called CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM. its on hbo and stars the creator of seinfeld, larry david. hysterical show, sir.....

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
George Costanza is one of the best characters in tv or movies ever...now lets have a Festavus for the rest of us :+waving-5

OK Glaken, lemme think...

Can't really say Best show ever, there's been too many really good shows.
Like... Friends, MASH, Practice, Ally McBeal, Sex n The City, Boston Legal.
Just to name some. There's a really good show on Fox called House. I really liked Seinfeld though!!!

Scarlett

Scarlett said:
OK Glaken, lemme think...

Can't really say Best show ever, there's been too many really good shows.
Like... Friends, MASH, Practice, Ally McBeal, Sex n The City, Boston Legal.
Just to name some. There's a really good show on Fox called House. I really liked Seinfeld though!!!

Scarlett

Haven't missed an episode of House yet ..... great show.

opotus

EOG Veteran
Seinfeld is truly one of the best, as is Cheers.

So many lines from that show have made it into every day joke speech.

Why are you hastlin me man??? You're living in the past, man. You're hooked on some clown from the 60s man. Quote from Eric the Clown before he put the kitchen fire out with his big shoe. Master of my domain episode was probably the best.

OK then

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
IDENTITY said:
intelligent to understand it? lol the shows are about NOTHING!!! doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand what is going on in a seinfeld episode.

peteep - if you LOOOOOOOOVE seinfeld, i HIGHLY RECOMMEND a show called CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM. its on hbo and stars the creator of seinfeld, larry david. hysterical show, sir.....

ID, you truly don't have a clue do you?!

To say those shows are about nothing shows that you know nothing! lol

Most of the shows were about 3-4 different things/stories/plots going on at once, and most of the time, somehow, the stories always ended up tied together somehow, someway.

"About Nothing" lmao

The greatest written sitcom ever..

I do have to agree with Scarlett though on Ally McBeal, it could rank up there close to the top.

House is excellent, but no way one of the best all time.

I know I will catch hell for this from some of you old timers, but give me a break..............Mash ?!?! lol

With that being said, it probably all boils down to what generation we grew up in and obviously are going to lean towards those particular shows at that time.......

socc3r_guru

EOG Enthusiast
"do you know how much time I waste in this appartment"

man i've watched every episode at least 4-5 times and it still makes me laugh

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
There is a tour of alot of the Seinfeld hangouts hosted by the real 'Kramer'. I tried to go last year, but it was booked when I was in NYC. He told me to book at least a month in advance. Like all of the classic comedies, Seinfeld will age but will always be funny!

HuskerFan

EOG Senior Member
someone actually put down boston legal? are you kidding me...i mean are you kidding me...isnt that a spinoff of the practice...which was a good show..but to even put these on a list of greatest shows ever is ridiculous...

seinfeld is IMO the best sitcom ever created...people will differ but i think its genuis....

as far as a great collection of shows...just get HBO...they have a collection of great original series...like someone mentioned...Curb is great and i think its a notch below seinfeld...larry david a modern day genuis.....they have entourage a great show....da ali g show which is ridiculously funny......deadwood...sopranos (which btw isnt even as good as their current shows like ali g/entourage/curb....

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Best is definitely relative. Some shows that may have been better: Taxi, Mary Tyler Moore Show, Dick van Dyke Show, Happy Days, M*A*S*H, All in the Family,Cheers,The Odd Couple, Beverly Hillbillies,The Honeymooners, I Love Lucy -(In our new fascist world, cannot show Lucy, Ricky Fred and Ethel smoking cigarettes, what a joke!), The Cosby Show,and just because I liked them- Get Smart and Green Acres! P.S. I know I left out many, sorry!

X

xpanda

HuskerFan said:
da ali g show which is ridiculously funny

OMG, completely forgot! That might be the funniest show on tv.

"Yo, Buzz Lightyear, weren't you pissed that you weren't the first guy on the moon? Like, nobody remembers the second guy."

lmao