Serious health question

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Guys, last night at about 12 Est., I bought a couple double cheeseburgers from McDonalds and then forgot about them. I left them laying out on the table all night for about 8 hours. The temp in the house was about 67?. Now, can I still eat these babies. I hate to see food go to waste. I asked the cook and she said it should not be a problem. I am worried guys. I cannot afford to get sick. I have a Huge deductible and do not want to pay the doctor. So, would you eat them after being left out all night or would you make the neighbors dog happy? I need solid advice here because I have financial interest involved.

Thanks

Santo

EOG Veteran
I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole, but then I wouldn't touch frech McDonalds burgers either ;o)

The General

That is good enough for me. Damn shame also. I mean what a waste of 2 bucks. I'm going with plan B. That is to eat 3 day old pizza from Dominos. Hard to go wrong there. :cocktail

Thank you from the neighbors dogs.

It will be like thanksgiving over there shortly.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
It's my opinion that the burgers would have been fine to eat until you started thinking about it. I have found that once you start to worry about something being bad it no longer matters whether it is good or not. You will not be able to eat them peacefully-so you might as well give them to the dogs and they will surely enjoy them!

DRUNK

EOG Member
Does this belong on a serious sports forum or is this turning into The Rx already.:nono:+clueless

The General

It's a done deal. Them dogs don't know how to enjoy a burger though. They just swallowed it whole.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Lucky you asked, had you eaten them you would look like my avatar...

Best Wishes...OF:+waving-5

I think your dogs have the right idea, wolf them down without tasting them.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Rinkrat said:
ZZ, that's the truth !!

General, agree with the consesnus though. Dominoes lesser of two evils.
After talking to BeantownDumass about his two year old beef over nothing you are a refreshing change! Thanks!
Drunk: Leftover food on a Sunday morning after all day Saturday sports, horses and beer is definitely gambling related material! LOL!

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
i would have at least taken off the bun to make sure there was not a likeness of the Virgin Mary in the special sauce swirl before tossing them to the dogs, but thats just me me me.

I would have eaten eat. I have let Subway sandwiches that are REAL meat sit overnight and ate them the next day.

With Micky Ds and their make believe stuff letting sit isn't going to hurt you any. But I am sure your dogs liked it OK.

parkcityrep

EOG Senior Member
The General said:
Guys, last night at about 12 Est., I bought a couple double cheeseburgers from McDonalds and then forgot about them. I left them laying out on the table all night for about 8 hours. The temp in the house was about 67?. Now, can I still eat these babies. I hate to see food go to waste. I asked the cook and she said it should not be a problem. I am worried guys. I cannot afford to get sick. I have a Huge deductible and do not want to pay the doctor. So, would you eat them after being left out all night or would you make the neighbors dog happy? I need solid advice here because I have financial interest involved.

Thanks
are you serious

The General

Sadly, I am. Let me share a few more details of my Saturday. I awoke to the phone ringing early in the morning. It was a friend from out of town who I owed some money to. I got in my car to drive to the ATM and almost ran out of gas, driving into the station as she is dying. After this, I thought I would do some laundry, wash some dishes, and pay off some bills. The 1st load I put in washer for some reason over flowed the washer and spilled maybe up to 15 gallons of water on my carpet and ran down into the basement. After I get this squared away and think all is fine, the power goes out on me. Then, I try some wagers on NASCAR and NFL, losing some cash. Then I buy a couple burgers from McDonalds and they go to waste. All of this while dealing with SHRINK along the way. ;) It could have been worse by far, but it was not a pleasant day. I just think about the Marines at war and the people in that hurricanes path and realize how rich I am.

I am serious, yes. :cocktail

Stop eating McDonalds, that food is garbage. Just by eating right you can lose enugh weight. It's challenging but it's worth it.

Newfie

EOG Member
Used to work at mcDonalds when I was younger, they tell me those burgers usually can last up to 7 minutes..... They always throw them out within 7 minutes if no one purchases them....

Thats why they stop storaging them in the heating bins....

I could never eat at McD after working there.....

The General

JJ, these dogs are loyal. I can throw a pc of bologna to them here and there and then walk down the worst streets in the neighborhood at NIGHT. The dogs will walk by me and growl if anyone gets close. I do not even worry about carrying a piece. I am glad to have gave them a nice Sunday feed.