Seton Hall/Marquette..

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Worst reffed game I have ever seen.

Seton Hall got called for 6 technicals

57 fouls
85 free throws

Never seen a worse game.

I had seton hall ml and they should have won by 10+ if the refs didn’t keep Howard and Marquette in it.Howard took 11 free throws in the last minute.

Oh yeah.. seton hall had 3 players fouled out, 2 with 4 fouls and another player ejected.

Big east has had this problem all year with officiating. Something needs to be done for next year

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
“I was offended as a former big east basketball player. The referees took it away from the players, the coaches, and the fans.” - Donnie Marshall on the @FS1 post game show.

Steve Wojciechowski: "I've never been a part of a basketball game like that before. It's unexplainable."

Heim

EOG Master
They ejected two MARQ starters after Powell started everything. Powell stayed for trash talking, Amin was thrown out. And he was their most consistent long range guy tonight. Lastly, John, their best big, was booted for putting a hand on Powell while he was in the air. That's cause for ejection because Powell overreacted? It went both ways but hurt MARQ more. It killed their depth. They're not that deep down low.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Did you see the touch fouls on Howard in the last minute? Plus the bullshit technical on seton hall with a minute left just cause the player walked away after a foul? They did everything they could to keep Marquette in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
And to think those referees beat out lesser peers for a spot in the semifinal round of the Big East conference.

Yikes!

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
They ejected two MARQ starters after Powell started everything. Powell stayed for trash talking, Amin was thrown out. And he was their most consistent long range guy tonight. Lastly, John, their best big, was booted for putting a hand on Powell while he was in the air. That's cause for ejection because Powell overreacted? It went both ways but hurt MARQ more. It killed their depth. They're not that deep down low.
Powell a great player but let's emotions take control, does stupid shit. Has happened numerous times.

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated
Did you see the touch fouls on Howard in the last minute? Plus the bullshit technical on seton hall with a minute left just cause the player walked away after a foul? They did everything they could to keep Marquette in it.

Horrible job.Better team won it on the court with timely shooting.Give Williard all the credit in the world...and then some

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Horrible job.Better team won it on the court with timely shooting.Give Williard all the credit in the world...and then some

Was never a huge fan of Willard, but soo impressed what he did with this team. They might have more potential to go deep than nova and Marquette. If Powell gets hot, like he has been for weeks, they can beat anyone.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Powell a great player but let's emotions take control, does stupid shit. Has happened numerous times.

Yep.. seen it a few times this year. Remember Willard had to bench him in the 2nd half against someone cause he elbowed someone talking shit (providence I think?)

railbird

EOG Master
Worst reffed game I have ever seen.

Seton Hall got called for 6 technicals

57 fouls
85 free throws

Never seen a worse game.

I had seton hall ml and they should have won by 10+ if the refs didn’t keep Howard and Marquette in it.Howard took 11 free throws in the last minute.

Oh yeah.. seton hall had 3 players fouled out, 2 with 4 fouls and another player ejected.

Big east has had this problem all year with officiating. Something needs to be done for next year
that's what ncaa wants, becuz the 30 second clock faggots, sport is a joke now

Heim

EOG Master
Just like MARQ yesterday.... you're down two yet u settle for a nutty 3 point shot rather than drive to the hoop looking for a foul at the worst.