Should the Big Ten get rid of Rutgers and Northwestern?

ComptrBob

EOG Master
They both would be over .500 in the PAC12

As far as football goes, Rutgers and Northwestern would be dogs to every Pac-12 team except Colorado. A bit of an oddity, the bottom of Pac -12 S and N, Colorado and Stanford had the FBS #1 and #2 toughest Sagarin strengths of schedule.

Last edited:

Dell Dude

EOG Master
It doesn't matter anymore. There are no real conferences. I just want to know who pays for the travel to and from California for non revenue sports which is all of them except basketball and football.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
No conferences anymore.

I like it, DD.

Just like coaches and players move freely in college football, schools now should be able to schedule freely.

About Northwestern: The Wildcats won their first game of the season, a conference game no less, and then lost 11 straight games.

The Wildcats scored 14 or fewer points in seven of their last eight games.

Yuk!

NU went 0-6 at home and 0-5 on the road.

The team's lone win came at a neutral site (Ireland).

I have a theory about college football teams that bottomed out this year: The head coach, specifically, and the coaching staff, in general, did NOT work during the pandemic.

In NU's case, I believe head coach Pat Fitzgerald rested on his laurels when COVID-19 restrictions were in place.

He worked from home.

Haha.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
BIRDIE singled out Rutgers and Northwestern in his thread title.

Big Ten opener for Northwestern next season: September 3 at Rutgers.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Big Ten sees Chicago and New York. Not NW and Rutgers.

AA makes the winning point.

Northwestern markets itself as ""Chicago's Big Ten team."

Opposing teams visiting from Champaign, Madison and West Lafayette routinely outnumber Wildcat fans at football and basketball games.

So much for truth in advertising.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Rutgers head coach Steve Pikiell is outstanding.

His contract runs through 2030.

Pikiell played at UConn for Jim Calhoun in the late 1980s.

Heim

EOG Master
Can you be affiliated in different conferences for different sports?

Rutgers football budget is minuscule compared to the other schools. They barely compete. Their football program needs a class step down but unfortunately I think they're locked in. Basketball, no problem. Their home court is huge.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Should the Big East get rid of Georgetown? Georgetown should get rid of Patrick Ewing first….

Sacrilegious.

Iverson, Mourning, Mutombo and of course, Ewing the Player.

Georgetown's rich basketball history and tradition should be embraced by the Big East.

Only takes a few players and a resourceful coach to turn around a college hoop team.

The program is a sleeping giant.

Unfortunately, so too, is its head coach.

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated
Georgetown is scary bad....no one wants to play rutgers in hoops thats for sure....they will be ok in football shortly....mark my words Rail pervert

railbird

EOG Master
usc and ucla dominate in summer olympic sports, baseball will be a mess for ucla, huge step down in competion

railbird

EOG Master
new jersey and ny high school sports suck, outside a couple of prep schools that are good at wrestling like blair academy