Shrink......in your opinion

how much do you think a major Syn......either BW,Tiger,pokers,koshers whatever....................

has had as their biggest descision on a game that you've heard of?

I've been with small time movers,who've held 40k heavy on sides on occasions,but what's the biggest you've heard of.

question goes to anyone who has a story.

I'm not too interested in the Asian moguls betting soccer.more interested in north american sports.

thanks guys

hockeyrob,

I do know for a fact that one of the major syndicates was able to get down a million dollars on a major sporting event that I am sure you can guess (Super Bowl game)...

It is not uncommon for this same syndicate to average between 100-200k per game and even more on NFL TEASERS...

THE SHRINK

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Little Caesar's in Las Vegas took one million in cash from one guy on the 49ers-Bengals superbowl. btw-- I saw Bob Stupak on TV just the other night playing poker at Union Plaza. He is still an ass

more on NFL TEASERS...

in the last few years there has been a disturbing trend among some gamblers to spread the virtues of betting teasers..........how they can be quite profitable....and other fairy tales......

I will not dispute that some people who bet teasers are successful.....but my guess is that the percentage of those gamblers who win betting teasers is very, very, very small.......

dimeplayersonly said:
in the last few years there has been a disturbing trend among some gamblers to spread the virtues of betting teasers..........how they can be quite profitable....and other fairy tales......

I will not dispute that some people who bet teasers are successful.....but my guess is that the percentage of those gamblers who win betting teasers is very, very, very small.......

NFL teasers are easy. Now college is all together another thing.

6pt two team teaser

tie/win = win, push, loss

depending on which book your betting with...........

why do i get the feeling that very few teaser players are betting at the

tie/win = win book????

btw guys i am not accusing you of being stupid and not taking advantage of "teaser friendly" books.........the fact remains that a teaser is still considered a "sucker bet" by the vast majority......

Shrink.............I KNOW YOUR GUYS ARE BETTING AT "TEASER FRIENDLY" BOOKS....................:+waving-5

I knew guys back in the early/mid 90's who were habitually holding 50-75K on a side. Not syndicate, but personal bettors. I don't think it would be hard to think that some guys were holding 7 figures back in those days when you had a network of bookies who could/would spread it out and lay it around.

One of those guys had almost 200K on the SB one year Pats/GB. He was in Vegas, put as much as he could down and called the rest in to "locals".

But for the most part these guys were betting 10K a game, they just wnet crazy on a few games here and there like all good degenerates do.

They were also multi millionaires whose father owned a construction company, so money really wasn't an object, especially after Andrew hit. Their father got half the commercial contracts for 3 counties.

ken,very interesting regarding the teasers.I didn't know he bet them so large......

I'm curious Ken as to let's say BW betting a regular NBA or college BBall game.what does he stay heavy with.

back in the day I might buy up to 70k worth on one side,but I would always buy back either a scalp or middle on that 70,usually holding max 20k a side and scalped/middled the rest.

wonder what let's say teh chinaman holds on an NBA total or side?

just curious.

thanks again for the insight.threads like this are great