Six officers charged

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
I will not get into the political side of things as its not why I come to this forum.
I will say that the investigation proved more enough evidence to charge and jail 6 police officers. I live in a city where the police force is very trigger happy and we had protests turn into a small riot Wednesday but it was the 3rd protest in less than a year against police brutality.
I hope that we start prosecuting police officers and hold them more accountable than past years. Jailers as well. My real hope is that society as a whole improves and stops killing one another.

I also hope that the streets remain safe on what is probably the biggest sporting day I can ever remember.
Gl to all and stay safe.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: Six officers charged

Is there anything worse than crimes committed by people in positions of authority (police, clergy, etc.)?

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Is there anything worse than crimes committed by people in positions of authority (police, clergy, etc.)?

Yep. Because most of those crimes are committed against criminals and thugs who spend their entire lives shuffled in and out of the legal system and are scumbags.

Crimes against the actually innocent are the ones that bother me. A police officer at Walmart was stabbed 14 times a few days ago, she was overnighting, working two jobs to provide for herself and her family. The perp was someone who supported the Baltimore hooligans.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated

falsely accusing good people of serious crimes is awfull
The charges directed at the six officers seem at best unlikely At worst impossible

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

charging 6 cops when you have very little knowledge about what went down is pretty fucked up. What if one guy rammed this guy's neck into a police van with nobody else watching? All 6 cops are going to lose their jobs, lose their ability to support themselves, and potentially go to jail because one guy did something? That's not how our legal system is supposed to work. If they can prove all 6 were gang stomping this guy then sure, throw them in jail and watch the inmates kill them, but I really doubt anything like that happened and there's definitely no proof of it considering the way this has unfolded.

This is a power hungry overeager YOUNG prosecutor trying to keep her job and keep the city from burning down right now, but it's just delaying the inevitable and ruining 6 people's lives.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated

It seemed like the prosecutor was very disinterested in justice and the truth but rather making the rioters and their supporters happy

Sleepy

EOG Master

Fox News just embarrassing with that loser Hannity bitching up and down that the pigs did nothing wrong.

We got enough evidence that we don't even need a trial. All six of those bitches should have been fried and six feet under by now.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

charging 6 cops when you have very little knowledge about what went down is pretty fucked up. What if one guy rammed this guy's neck into a police van with nobody else watching? All 6 cops are going to lose their jobs, lose their ability to support themselves, and potentially go to jail because one guy did something? That's not how our legal system is supposed to work. If they can prove all 6 were gang stomping this guy then sure, throw them in jail and watch the inmates kill them, but I really doubt anything like that happened and there's definitely no proof of it considering the way this has unfolded.

This is a power hungry overeager YOUNG prosecutor trying to keep her job and keep the city from burning down right now, but it's just delaying the inevitable and ruining 6 people's lives.
Agree with all of this. It comes across as a power-hungry move by someone with big political aspirations.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Fox News just embarrassing with that loser Hannity bitching up and down that the pigs did nothing wrong.

We got enough evidence that we don't even need a trial. All six of those bitches should have been fried and six feet under by now.

So you know everything that all 6 did?

Scatana Fas

EOG Addicted
Re: Six officers chargedna

Re: Six officers chargedna

So you know everything that all 6 did?

I guess if one has a different opinion than you they must be wrong.

It's only you clowns that think the cops did nothing wrong that are right.

You all should be playing the numbers because you know everything that is going to happen

Scatana Fas

EOG Addicted

You're the one that claims to be a law student and you don't know how the justice system Is supposed to work?

Many times prosecutors overcharge people and indict people on the periphery and get them to roll on the guilty parties.

Not saying that is the case here but it happens that way every day.

You should know this stuff kid.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

You're the one that claims to be a law student and you don't know how the justice system Is supposed to work?

Many times prosecutors overcharge people and indict people on the periphery and get them to roll on the guilty parties.

Not saying that is the case here but it happens that way every day.

You should know this stuff kid.

:doh1

Yeah, a young prosecutor that is overcharging cops right out of the gun is going to last, right? That's common sense more than legal knowledge, guess you have an excuse for not knowing that, huh?

Scatana Fas

EOG Addicted

:doh1

Yeah, a young prosecutor that is overcharging cops right out of the gun is going to last, right? That's common sense more than legal knowledge, guess you have an excuse for not knowing that, huh?

She is already more accomplished then you will ever be.

Sleepy

EOG Master

how will they prove any of these charges in order to convict? No witness, no video, no evidence....

how do you explain a broken neck and crushed voice box when before they took him away he was 100% fine?

the false imprisonment charge is already a 100% LOCK

the failure to give medical assistance charge is a 100% LOCK

It will be a great day for America when these six pigs get locked up

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

how do you explain a broken neck and crushed voice box when before they took him away he was 100% fine?

\

I think you will be disappointed. Some o the charges might stick but nothing serious enough for jail time. I see probation and loss of badges.

Sleepy

EOG Master

\

I think you will be disappointed. Some o the charges might stick but nothing serious enough for jail time. I see probation and loss of badges.

zero chance of that

America sick and tired of criminal pigs

there will be a jury trail

the citizens of this country will convict

guy did not give those injuries to himself

nor did he sustain those injuries from getting jostled around

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

zero chance of that

I'm not disagreeing that there is police fault here. Guilt by association of murder is a totally different animal though.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

This just isn't true. Eye contact and then running is probable cause to pursue in the area that he was arrested, since it is a known drug trafficking area. Once a police officer tells you to stop, and you keep running, you are guilty of a crime and can be arrested.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

zero chance of that

How do you prove that force wasn't necessary to arrest and his injuries weren't accidental? He was a multiple time convicted criminal that ran and resisted. His injuries caused him to pass away days later. It isn't like they executed him right there.

Now you have a rookie prosecutor and it turns out half the cops are black which squashes the race aspect. How will they prove which inflicted the fatal injuries?

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

They already know they didn't belt him in, the cops admit that's a violation.

They already know they took an unscheduled stop that the officers forgot to put in the report.....

Only a random surveillance camera down town brought this out.

Then there's the question of why it took 45 minutes to go a few blocks?

And of course the almost severed spine, a crushed larynx, and three broke vertebrae?

I don't blame anyone for this shit but the cops that murdered this man, it's been going on in Baltimore (and elsewhere) for years, it needs to stop.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...liance/391640/

Nonviolence as Compliance
Officials calling for calm can offer no rational justification for Gray's death, and so they appeal for order.

TA-NEHISI COATES APR 27, 2015
Rioting broke out on Monday in Baltimore—an angry response to the death of Freddie Gray, a death my native city seems powerless to explain. Gray did not die mysteriously in some back alley but in the custody of the city's publicly appointed guardians of order. And yet the mayor of that city and the commissioner of that city's police still have no idea what happened. I suspect this is not because the mayor and police commissioner are bad people, but because the state of Maryland prioritizes the protection of police officers charged with abuse over the citizens who fall under its purview.

The citizens who live in West Baltimore, where the rioting began, intuitively understand this. I grew up across the street from Mondawmin Mall, where today's riots began. My mother was raised in the same housing project, Gilmor Homes, where Freddie Gray was killed. Everyone I knew who lived in that world regarded the police not with admiration and respect but with fear and caution. People write these feelings off as wholly irrational at their own peril, or their own leisure. The case against the Baltimore police, and the society that superintends them, is easily made:

Over the past four years, more than 100 people have won court judgments or settlements related to allegations of brutality and civil rights violations. Victims include a 15-year-old boy riding a dirt bike, a 26-year-old pregnant accountant who had witnessed a beating, a 50-year-old woman selling church raffle tickets, a 65-year-old church deacon rolling a cigarette and an 87-year-old grandmother aiding her wounded grandson ....

And in almost every case, prosecutors or judges dismissed the charges against the victims—if charges were filed at all. In an incident that drew headlines recently, charges against a South Baltimore man were dropped after a video showed an officer repeatedly punching him—a beating that led the police commissioner to say he was “shocked.”

The money paid out by the city to cover for the brutal acts of its police department would be enough to build "a state-of-the-art rec center or renovations at more than 30 playgrounds." Instead, the money was used to cover for the brutal acts of the city's police department and ensure they remained well beyond any semblance of justice.

Now, tonight, I turn on the news and I see politicians calling for young people in Baltimore to remain peaceful and "nonviolent." These well-intended pleas strike me as the right answer to the wrong question. To understand the question, it's worth remembering what, specifically, happened to Freddie Gray. An officer made eye contact with Gray. Gray, for unknown reasons, ran. The officer and his colleagues then detained Gray. They found him in possession of a switchblade. They arrested him while he yelled in pain. And then, within an hour, his spine was mostly severed. A week later, he was dead. What specifically was the crime here? What particular threat did Freddie Gray pose? Why is mere eye contact and then running worthy of detention at the hands of the state? Why is Freddie Gray dead?

When nonviolence begins halfway through the war with the aggressor calling time out, it exposes itself as a ruse.

The people now calling for nonviolence are not prepared to answer these questions. Many of them are charged with enforcing the very policies that led to Gray's death, and yet they can offer no rational justification for Gray's death and so they appeal for calm. But there was no official appeal for calm when Gray was being arrested. There was no appeal for calm when Jerriel Lyles was assaulted. (“The blow was so heavy. My eyes swelled up. Blood was dripping down my nose and out my eye.”) There was no claim for nonviolence on behalf of Venus Green. (“Bitch, you ain’t no better than any of the other old black bitches I have locked up.”) There was no plea for peace on behalf of Starr Brown. (“They slammed me down on my face,” Brown added, her voice cracking. “The skin was gone on my face.")

When nonviolence is preached as an attempt to evade the repercussions of political brutality, it betrays itself. When nonviolence begins halfway through the war with the aggressor calling time out, it exposes itself as a ruse. When nonviolence is preached by the representatives of the state, while the state doles out heaps of violence to its citizens, it reveals itself to be a con. And none of this can mean that rioting or violence is "correct" or "wise," any more than a forest fire can be "correct" or "wise." Wisdom isn't the point tonight. Disrespect is. In this case, disrespect for the hollow law and failed order that so regularly disrespects the community.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Come on... there is another red flag possibility there that you're missing. Do I need to spell it out?

25 year old male with 18 arrests who has probably never had a job in his life lives in an area where police settlements are typical and ALSO just got a settlement for another injury, so clearly knows that an injury can equal $$$$.

That doesn't seem like the possible setting for an attempted faked injury and lawsuit? Would you really put it past a guy like this to ram his own head into a door and hurt himself? I wouldn't at all, maybe you think people are smarter than that. I definitely don't.

cheapseats

EOG Master

3 white male cops, 2 black male cops and 1 black female cop.............far, far from over

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

I'm sure that's it Javy, he killed himself to get a settlement.

Sigh.

And he's not alone, the 26-year-old pregnant accountant, the 50-year-old woman selling church raffle tickets, the 65-year-old church deacon rolling a cigarette and an 87-year-old grandmother aiding her wounded grandson all are in on it too!!!

No problems with this department, the residents are doing it to themselves!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

3 white male cops, 2 black male cops and 1 black female cop.............far, far from over

This is almost NEVER a racial issue, even though the black protestors never acknowledge it. A team of 10 cops could kill a black male, 9 of the cops could be black, and we'd be protesting about white racist cop kills another black male.

It's sad when the majority sympathizes with a group that just closes their eyes and screams and destroys loudest.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Why do people keep saying this?

I don't care if they're all black, these officers need to answer for what happened here.

The CK and Javy types are hung up on skin color, I look at issues.

This was BS what happened to this guy and everyone knows it.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

I'm sure that's it Javy, he killed himself to get a settlement.

Sigh.

And he's not alone, the 26-year-old pregnant accountant, the 50-year-old woman selling church raffle tickets, the 65-year-old church deacon rolling a cigarette and an 87-year-old grandmother aiding her wounded grandson all are in on it too!!!

No problems with this department, the residents are doing it to themselves!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This guy has also been called mentally/emotionally unstable due to having lead in his blood. Sounds like the kind of guy that could be insane, but yeah, you keep doubting he could have been the issue. It is the liberal way.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Why do people keep saying this?

I don't care if they're all black, these officers need to answer for what happened here.

The CK and Javy types are hung up on skin color, I look at issues.

This was BS what happened to this guy and everyone knows it.

Issues is that a 25 year old black male that had 18 arrests in the span of the last 8 years is probably not a very reliable person and could be mentally disturbed or worse, and expecting cops to be sufficiently prepared or trained to handle a mentally unstable person that shouldn't be walking the streets is foolish. That's the issue.

You expect cops to protect themselves AND protect the mentally unstable? Fuck that man, it's impossible. We want our cops to be perfect and amazing decision makers in the heatof the moment even though cops are human beings and not capable of perfection. That's the issue.

Also, you want to talk another issue? Cops reject applicants that are too intelligent. Top 10% IQ = can't be a cop. Smart.

cheapseats

EOG Master

Just saying, there are two issues, if not more here. The racial thing and the cop thing however, these two are the significant issues of the times.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Issues is that a 25 year old black male that had 18 arrests in the span of the last 8 years is probably not a very reliable person and could be mentally disturbed or worse, and expecting cops to be sufficiently prepared or trained to handle a mentally unstable person that shouldn't be walking the streets is foolish. That's the issue.

You expect cops to protect themselves AND protect the mentally unstable? Fuck that man, it's impossible.

Well he somehow escaped the other 18 arrests without nearly severing his own spine, crushing his own larynx and breaking three ribs!

Cops undergo training constantly on how to deal with mentally unstable people, it's part of the job.

In this case though the man was arrested, handcuffed and in custody. No need to handle anything other than get him a few blocks to the police station.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

There was a guy, lead activist for one of these protests who criticized cops. The police department had him take a standard test and fire a fake weapon when they felt it was necessary. The guy failed all 3 simulations... shot people when he shouldn't and didn't shoot when he was supposed to shoot. 0-3.

When you have one split second to act, your adrenaline takes over and you make bad decisions. That's life. The funny thing is, all these cases, show me a case where a RESPECTABLE black person is getting shot. It's always a guy with 18 arrests, or a guy who just committed a crime, or a guy who had a warrant out for his arrest for avoiding paying his child support, or a guy who was 300 pounds overweight and resisting...

Just once, I'd like to see an actual story, where a hard working black guy with no criminal history and no thuggish history to just be walking to work one day and cops actually make him a victim. Then, I'll be down there rioting with you.

But you guys continue getting pissed off by these thugs and clowns making moronic decisions getting themselves killed by human beings trying to do their jobs the best they can. Have fun with it.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

There was a guy, lead activist for one of these protests who criticized cops. The police department had him take a standard test and fire a fake weapon when they felt it was necessary. The guy failed all 3 simulations... shot people when he shouldn't and didn't shoot when he was supposed to shoot, 0-3.

HOLY COW, why didn't you say so?????

Send this to the state attorney, I'm sure all charges will immediately be dropped!

This Gray guy deserved to die!

?????????????

If this guy is a law student I'm a Greek Ambassador.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

The funny thing is, all these cases, show me a case where a RESPECTABLE black person is getting shot. It's always a guy with 18 arrests, or a guy who just committed a crime, or a guy who had a warrant out for his arrest for avoiding paying his child support, or a guy who was 300 pounds overweight and resisting...

Just once, I'd like to see an actual story, where a hard working black guy with no criminal history and no thuggish history to just be walking to work one day and cops actually make him a victim. Then, I'll be down there rioting with you.

This has got to be an act.

If you really aren't aware of that going on you're a bigger clown than I thought you were.

Wow!!??

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

This has got to be an act.

If you really aren't aware of that going on you're a bigger clown than I thought you were.

Wow!!??

Really? Link me... all I see is guys with extensive criminal histories getting shot, guys attacking police officers, guys running from police, trying to grab their tasers, not paying child support and running out of their cars after being asked to stop, guys attacking convenience store clerks, guys attacking cops and getting their hand shot because they are reaching for a gun, guys refusing to comply with the police and not putting their hands behind their back when they weigh 450 pounds, etc.