Sixteen years ago (11/19/2004) The Malice at the Palace

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
One story about this that made me laugh. I think Reggie Miller told this on an ESPN interview, but I'm not positive.
About an hour after the game, Ron Artest was sitting next to him in the locker room and genuinely asked, "Do you think we're gonna get in trouble?"

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
After everyone calmed down, Artest asked Jackson if he thought that the players would get in trouble. Jackson responded, "Are you serious? Trouble? Ron, we'll be lucky if we have a freaking job." The conversation convinced an amazed Jackson and Pollard that Artest "wasn't in his right mind, to ask that question".

railbird

EOG Master
id like to see the crowd chant for 48 minutes Fuck lebron james F lebron james like they do at the trump rally.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Watched the infamous game at what was then the Las Vegas Hilton SuperBook.

The riot was not surprising considering the volatile players on the floor: Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson, Ben Wallace and Rasheed Wallace.

Once heard a good story from a well-placed source involving Rasheed Wallace when he played for Dean Smith at the University of North Carolina in the mid-1990's.

Wallace considered going pro after playing two seasons in Chapel Hill.

Because Dean Smith had a hard time managing Rasheed's personality, Smith was privately pleased to see Rasheed declare for the NBA Draft.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Back to "The Malice at the Palace"

The score was 97-82, in favor of the Pacers, when play was stopped with 45.9 seconds left on the clock.

Interesting to note: The score after one quarter was 34-27, Pacers.