Smoke a joint-play poker or gamble online-Go to Jail but if you kill your 3y old kid-no problem

cheapseats

EOG Master
Re: Smoke a joint-play poker or gamble online-Go to Jail but if you kill your 3y old kid-no problem

It it a fucking mess, to be sure.

carolinakid

Banned
Re: Smoke a joint-play poker or gamble online-Go to Jail but if you kill your 3y old kid-no problem

the state did not prove this case period

Heim

EOG Master

thinking the same thing today......what is Vick and Burress thinking?

carolinakid

Banned

Teddy we all have the right i think to our opinion, i really dont think Obama has taken that away yet, i have no problem with your opinion here on this case, but i have a right to my opinion here too ck

carolinakid

Banned

and for the record i do think casey was a part of the accident, what george was a huge part of too, but again the state did not prove either

Heim

EOG Master

The State did prove their case..circumstantial evidence is better than direct. However the Cuban atty did a good job shot-gunning every possible scenerio hoping one or two jurors buy in. The shocker is not that she is not going to jail but that 12 people bought into the defenses' made-up BS....

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Hell, that doofus who flipped off the prosecutor got 6 days, LOL

VegasRandy

EOG Veteran

I don't think the jury understands what the word reasonable means.

My definition is- To use a level of logic that rises to a standard of reasonableness. Human behavior is evidence and Caseys pre and post offense behavior proved beyond reasonable doubts that she did it. There is no other reasonble explanation for her behavior and behavior is evidence.

Can't believe the jury and some people are inprisioned by there lack of understanding on the word reasonable.

carolinakid

Banned

But to be serious imo we will never know the deep dark secret in george and cindy home,there is a lot more to this story than 1 day casey woke up and decided to kill caylee...........dont get me wrong i do think casey is a part of this but the main storyline is very close to george imo..............but again i doubt if we will every know the real story ck

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

My definition is- To use a level of logic that rises to a standard of reasonableness. Human behavior is evidence and Caseys pre and post offense behavior proved beyond reasonable doubts that she did it. There is no other reasonble explanation for her behavior and behavior is evidence.

Can't believe the jury and some people are inprisioned by there lack of understanding on the word reasonable.

Top notch post, VR. I guess in the age of video- they want actual video to be sure "beyond a reasonable doubt." Unbelievable.

Why even try anyone for murder unless there's video evidence? I mean- there's always going to be "doubt", no matter how much evidence, no?

They may not of proved 1st degree but there was sure some damn child neglect and she should of been found guilty of more than lying.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

thinking the same thing today......what is Vick and Burress thinking?

vick should have killed people and Burress should have shot someone else not himself

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Top notch post, VR. I guess in the age of video- they want actual video to be sure "beyond a reasonable doubt." Unbelievable.

Why even try anyone for murder unless there's video evidence? I mean- there's always going to be "doubt", no matter how much evidence, no?

TWO top notch posts now. "Reasonable" has come to mean for the average American idiot on a jury "any 80 fucking zillion to one shot." Jury trials are a total farce. Cases should be decided by a panel of judges that is smart, trained in logical thinking, and understands the law.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

This freakin county needs some serious change.

We've undergone A LOT of change over the last few generations and continue to undergo more. The problem is that it has largely been and continues to be change for the worse.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Smoke a joint, play poker, gamble online. You forgot to include hire a hooker as another of the nonsense "crimes" that this power mad government is out to get you for.

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated

The jury system is flawed to say the least. They want to see a video tape of a murder, with reverse angles, before they'll apply "beyond a reasonable doubt". I don't think people will line up to hire her attorney, however. It's a hard series of verdicts to comprehend.

cheapseats

EOG Master

Do you honestly think the jury was filled with 4-year college graduates, or similarly educated folks.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

The jury system is flawed to say the least. They want to see a video tape of a murder, with reverse angles, before they'll apply "beyond a reasonable doubt". I don't think people will line up to hire her attorney, however.It's a hard series of verdicts to comprehend.

Hahahaha reverse angles... sad, but true.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Do you honestly think the jury was filled with 4-year college graduates, or similarly educated folks.

I agree with the spirit of your remark but I want to add that being a 4 year college grad these days doesn't guarantee much.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I didnt follow the trial but i dont understand why the woman was caught in a few lies....i mean, if you're innocent and have nothing to hide, why lie?

carolinakid

Banned

Seem like this whole family that lies is a daily thing with all of them, not in just one thing..............ck

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated

These jurors walk out of a trial and then act as if they're smarter than everyone on the planet. I can tell you that after three years of law school, we walk out and still have no idea of how to master the maze of laws and exceptions that are out there. They wear a badge for a few weeks and now they have all of the answers.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

These jurors walk out of a trial and then act as if they're smarter than everyone on the planet. I can tell you that after three years of law school, we walk out and still have no idea of how to master the maze of laws and exceptions that are out there. They wear a badge for a few weeks and now they have all of the answers.

Jury trials are a farce. The average American isn't smart enough.. Cases should be decided by a panel of judges since they are trained in logical thinking and understand the law.

I didnt follow the trial but i dont understand why the woman was caught in a few lies....i mean, if you're innocent and have nothing to hide, why lie?
If she is innocent, why didn't she take the stand? She is educated, knows how to speak properly, and was never convicted of anything like this in the past.

Oh, that's right...because she would just be caught in lie after lie by the prosecution.

VegasRandy

EOG Veteran

"reasonableness"??

rea?son?a?ble

Origin:
1250–1300; Middle English resonable < Middle French raisonnable < Latin ratiōnābilis. See reason, -able

—Related forms
rea?son?a?ble?ness, rea?son?a?bil?i?ty, noun
rea?son?a?bly, adverb
half-rea?son?a?ble, adjective
half-rea?son?a?b?ly, adverb
non?rea?son?a?bil?i?ty, noun

Love it when a poster gets all uppity and ends of wrong.

munson15

I want winners...

The system of entitlements the government created and the breakdown of morals in its people has ended the greatness of the United States. Nothing but a long, slow decline lies ahead. Smoke 'em if you've got 'em, I say.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

The system of entitlements the government created and the breakdown of morals in its people has ended the greatness of the United States. Nothing but a long, slow decline lies ahead. Smoke 'em if you've got 'em, I say.

100% correct. The USA is a carcass that still has some meat left on the bones.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

rea?son?a?ble

Origin:
1250–1300; Middle English resonable < Middle French raisonnable < Latin ratiōnābilis. See reason, -able

—Related forms
rea?son?a?ble?ness, rea?son?a?bil?i?ty, noun
rea?son?a?bly, adverb
half-rea?son?a?ble, adjective
half-rea?son?a?b?ly, adverb
non?rea?son?a?bil?i?ty, noun

Love it when a poster gets all uppity and ends of wrong.

There are many nouns like this that are legitimate words but aren't in widespread use. Thus because the average boob hasn't heard a certain word (perhaps because he mainly associates with buffoons and watches TV the rest of the time), he is arrogantly naive enough to presume it's not a word. Manny, use the dictionary before you make incorrect assertions.

Apple

Banned

What the fuck does this mean??

college grads are smarter or something? They have more common sense??

ignorant statement by you.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

What the fuck does this mean??

college grads are smarter or something? They have more common sense??

ignorant statement by you.
Uh, yeah that is what it means. College Graduates are more educated than High School graduates in general.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Bitch is going to be out by X-mas. She got four years... but with the time she's served...

carolinakid

Banned

next wed July the 13th

carolinakid

Banned

this is a mess up family
from day to day to be sure

sean1

EOG Dedicated

Vick and Burress didn't have the balls to go to court. Same thing for most smokers and bookies....

Reasonable doubt is very hard to prove.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

ORLANDO, Fla (Reuters) - Casey Anthony, the Florida woman acquitted this week of killing her 2-year-old daughter Caylee in 2008, has rejected a visit from her mother scheduled for Friday evening, a jail official told Reuters. Cindy Anthony, a familiar fixture throughout Casey's trial, scheduled a visit at the jail with Casey for 7 p.m. on Friday. "This morning under policy, Casey was told of the visit and she has declined the visit so it will not occur," said jail spokesman Allen Moore. Moore said Cindy would be notified of her daughter's decision.

carolinakid

Banned

so i guess she will not be going home after the 17th