So who else got cornholed with Cal +2?

I don't think I would have been near as mad had UCLA converted the 2pt conversion to go up by 3 as I was when they punched in the meaningless TD to go up by 7. I was hoping for a UNLV/Baylor 1999 redux, but it wasn't to be.

stump

EOG Veteran
sorry guys...

i had ucla - 1.5 from early in the week, but that made up for my money line bet on Nebraska, and that idiot fumbled the game away.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
I had both teams +2, with a lean on Cal. Stars were not aligned there. Next.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

Railed the Texas Tech game when I had no chance with 4th down pick, oops, fumble. It balanced out.

I got the "worst" line UCLA-2 and still won. Sometimes better to be lucky than good.

Cal is a lot better than I thought they were. But UCLA is very good. Been trying to tell you guys that all year. Since they basically only had to win to cover they were a "safe' bet yesterday.

Only when they are laying the wood do you have to be careful with them.

Yes I know I bet the games early. I was "wrong" on that one. I lost a bit as I could have bet UCLA on the ML for an extra 20 cents or so over vig.

I just figured the line would go the other way. Sometimes it happens that way. A win is a win, move on.

Pancho Sanza

EOG Addicted
I wish I was only cornholed once yesterday.

Had more backdoors against me than Richard Simmons on a Saturday night.:smoke

opotus

EOG Veteran
I didn't bet that game, but I watched the end of it, and was thinking about everyone who had bet it. What a tough way to end it (if you had Cal).

Honestly, from a pure game standpoint, the Cal coach should have had his team let them score right away (about 50 seconds left) to let them go up by 8 and get the ball back.

He knew he only had 2 timeouts left, and that even if UCLA didn't score they'd be able to run the clock down.

That was one of those games that I just convinced myself that UCLA got the 2pt conversion a few minutes earlier and that is what cost me... At least that play made sense.

Regarding the Baylor/UNLV comment -- back in 1999 in Kevin Steele's first game as Baylor head coach, Baylor was up 24-21 on the UNLV 8 with the clock running and 5 seconds left. UNLV had no timeouts. Obviously a take a knee situation.

Baylor instead ran a dive play to the right to try and punch it in -- the ball was stripped and UNLV's Kevin Thomas returned it 101 yards for the winning touchdown.

Slight Favorite

EOG Addicted
I had the Bears on the ML. But, that's what happens when you kick field goals instead of score touchdowns in the red zone.

On a side note, I checked out the Bay area papers this morning and about threw up when I saw the yardage and first down differences.

Cal~535 total yards
UCLA~388 total yards

Cal~27 first downs
UCLA~16 first downs