So who's gonna pay 3K for Dink's NHL service?

LCD

Re: So who's gonna pay 3K for Dink's NHL service?

WVU, I know you're not an SBR person. I'm smart enough to know you're very, very good at what you do. You might have been playing around but referring to Henry as "your majesty" repeatedly isn't doing any one any good and was misleading to people who don't know the back story. It definitely wasn't helpful to Henry since he uh...probably believed you. It might have been more helpful to him to give him advice on all the retarded things he was doing rather than encouraging him to be an even bigger retard by continually calling him "your majesty".

OSU COWBOYS

EOG Dedicated

Dink is not Eddie, who has built a thriving business with a decent amount of history, Cowboy. The idea of you and I betting (to me anyway) was to determine if Dink touting was going to be good for a subscriber. If someone was paying 3k then he surely would need at least 200 plays to give himself a shot at turning a profit. He also needs to be able to get down on the bets when they do go up hence using WA lines.

After all, the guy paying 3k doesn't really care if Dink turns a profit. He will want to turn a profit himself, no?

Who cares how long RAS has been in business? Why does that give him the right to a different set of rules?

RAS determines how may plays he releases. RAS determines the pricing used for grading purposes. Asking Dink to do it under much different terms retarded.

WVU

EOG Master

Who cares how long RAS has been in business? Why does that give him the right to a different set of rules?

RAS determines how may plays he releases. RAS determines the pricing used for grading purposes. Asking Dink to do it under much different terms retarded.
I wasn't asking Dink to do anything. I was just putting up rules for our bet. Would it be fair to me in our bet if Dink made 20 plays and then quit?

RAS doesnt hold himself to a specific minimum number of plays. Nor does he allow someone else to dictate what his graded line is.

For the purposes of the "RAS Matchbook market," at least the one that was up a couple years ago, the bet was would he win X units over X plays. Otherwise it would be too easy for the tout to game the system. If the bet is to finish +5 units, once he gets ahead by over 5 units, he can simply shut down for the year.

Also, RAS has also shown he grades against legitimate WA lines. If a line is 135 at 5 books and 135.5 at 2, and he's playing under, he typically grades it at 135. If he didn't have a history of using lines for grading, obviously anyone betting that market would want a monitor to verify the lines are WA. Since Dink didn't even post lines with his plays last year, it's obvious a monitor would be needed for the bet.

Call up ole Eddie and see if he wants to be forced to make a certain number of plays or if he would let someone other than himself dictate the pricing for grading his plays.

For the purposes of that Matchbook market, he was "forced" to make a certain number of plays.

It's a moot point, but I cannot seriously believe that any skilled gambler would object to WVU's conditions. Anyone with a clue would require those conditions to avoid being freerolled. Any time a bet involves a handicapper's win rate, the three requirements should be a fixed unit size, a fixed number of plays, and legitimate lines for grading. This is all a no-brainer.

I wasn't asking Dink to do anything. I was just putting up rules for our bet. Would it be fair to me in our bet if Dink made 20 plays and then quit?

Of course not. I can't believe people are actually criticizing you for backing out of the bet when you merely want the basic rules in place to make sure you don't get gamed--the same rule that applied to RAS's matchbook market of "will they win X units."

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated

Since Dink's picks are so good, you'd think that he wouldn't need anyone to buy his service to make money. I realize that selling his picks would be extra "gravy" and it never hurts to take in extra money by selling picks.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated

Dink has contributed and given so much to EOG.
Making guaranteed real money with his talents from a handful of clients is his (intelligent)choice and prerogative.Period.
He is immediately the best Hockey "tout" anywhere.
When Dink speaks it is time to pay attention.
Without a doubt He will do great.:bank:

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

Since Dink's picks are so good, you'd think that he wouldn't need anyone to buy his service to make money. I realize that selling his picks would be extra "gravy" and it never hurts to take in extra money by selling picks.
He gets the bread up front,no risk no matter the result...

I'm liking this Dink hockey tout thang to follow through the season.. While I have no interest in the fortunes of hockey, I hope it comes together because Dink is an interesting guy to follow.

And I hope one of the subscribers will keep us proletariats up on the progress.

They will probably be crowing if it's successful, and Dink will become Kreskin. They will all deserve it.

If it tanks, we probably won't hear much. Welcome to the quietude of losing Toutdom.

So I was out on the mean streets of Las Vegas this morning winning my one bet of the day, passing the State of Nevada smog check (rumors of a little Tim Donaghy magic in that finish)...Always a nail biter.

Anyway, word on the street is that Bobby The Owl, on the heels (no wrestling pun intended) of Dink's heel/tout turn, is forming an exploratory committe to examine a move to Toutdom himself. It's only a rumor at this point.

EOG is becoming a Kingmaker.

What is Dink's record over the last 10 years?

good question and not verifiable .

even last year's picks were not very straightforward.

Most touts fall flat in their firty year....and a built in excuse with the screwed up season, if it goes bad.

He should at least release picks matbe noon on gameday instead of overnight.

I always liked hockey picks from Sherwood/ RTH and they are always free, he hates touts...

About RTH| Media Kit| Sponsors| Contact

Find Randall The Handle on:

Picks By League

Past Seasons

[TABLE="class: historicalYear"]

[TH="class: label"]Season[/TH]

Record

1-0-0 (+2.00)

148-170-1 (+77.00)

155-203-21 (+3.00)

145-201-7 (-22.00)

164-206-13 (+10.00)

162-194-40 (+25.00)

170-186-34 (+60.00)

181-212-4 (+25.00)

0-0-0 (0.00)

[/TABLE]

NHL Historical - Totals

[TABLE="class: homeOdds"]

[TH="class: label"]Range[/TH]

W

L

P

+/- (Units)

[TD="class: label"]Yesterday[/TD]

[TD="class: label"]Last 30 Days[/TD]

[TD="class: label"]Season to Date[/TD]

[/TABLE]

NHL Historical - Last 30 days

* denotes late pick

[TABLE="class: homeOdds"]

[TH="class: label"]Date[/TH]

Selection

Opponent

Line

Units

Result

+/-

[/TABLE]

Latest Comments

Lot of guys complaining about the Sbr threads :+clueless This is no better

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

Guys want to pay 3000 for a service(which may be a bargain had it been Dink)........but one can have Sportsoptions for about the same price for 12 months.

Having SO is having an experinced longtime +EV sidekick with you 24/7 365 days a year.

Is this guy serious...

Of course. Here is how:

$5000 CRIS
$8000 Betonline
$8000 Pinnacle
$3000 Greek
$5000+ Matchbook
$2000 5dimes

That is over 30k right there. You can also re-pump Pinnacle and 5dimes at re-adjusted odds if necessary.

BAUS

Of course. Here is how:

$5000 CRIS
$8000 Betonline
$8000 Pinnacle
$3000 Greek
$5000+ Matchbook
$2000 5dimes

That is over 30k right there. You can also re-pump Pinnacle and 5dimes at re-adjusted odds if necessary.

BAUS

Thats nothing I have twice as much

Bumble29

EOG Enthusiast

Of course. Here is how:

$5000 CRIS
$8000 Betonline
$8000 Pinnacle
$3000 Greek
$5000+ Matchbook
$2000 5dimes

BAUS

so ur bankroll is 2m?

hels

EOG Dedicated

[TABLE="class: cms_table_historicalYear"]

[TH="class: cms_table_label"]Season[/TH]

Record

1-0-0 (+2.00)

148-170-1 (+77.00)

155-203-21 (+3.00)

145-201-7 (-22.00)

164-206-13 (+10.00)

162-194-40 (+25.00)

170-186-34 (+60.00)

181-212-4 (+25.00)

0-0-0 (0.00)

[/TABLE]

Good record to say the least but difficult to become a tout only playing underdogs.

so ur bankroll is 2m?

No, only have a 1M bankroll. A poster by the name of scrimmage questioned whether it was possible to get down 30k in 90 seconds on an NHL game should a person want to do so.

And I proved above how it could be done.

BAUS

Johnny Knuckles

EOG Veteran

I've been in the gambling business for over 20 years and have learned alot of hard lessons along the way. If Dink wants to charge for his NHL picks, more power to him, but I wont be paying for it. If you simply do the math and figure a good handicapper hits at 57-65% of the time, how much would you really be making as a profit if you subtract the $3K fee? That's why it is'nt worthwhile paying for anyone's picks.

One of the biggest misconceptions I've learned along the way is that somehow a tout or someone who charges for picks, somehow knows more about I do....knows that "inside information" that you cant read in a newspaper......which is pure baloney. If you gamble on hockey, as an example, get a twitter account and follows all the beat writers who follow their respective teams'. It's amazing the information you will learn from them. A star player missing in an NHL game, does not have near the impact of a star NBA player.

Second, just watch the games, and look for trends. What do we know about a shortened NHL season? That fatigue will definitely be an issue, and dogs will be barking more often. One week for a training camp? I have never heard of something so bloody ridiculous, so look for some elite teams to perhaps start out slowly. At this point, we really dont know the fitness level of the players.

And here's the most important lesson I've learned............that less is better. I was once a compulsive gambler who would bet on every game, every night, and along the way I figured out that you could still make the same level of profit by betting 15 games a month as opposed to betting 450 games a month. When you take a back seat and analyze, you see things alot better as a result of being mentally fresh. At least that's what I've learned.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated

I've been in the gambling business for over 20 years and have learned alot of hard lessons along the way. If Dink wants to charge for his NHL picks, more power to him, but I wont be paying for it. If you simply do the math and figure a good handicapper hits at 57-65% of the time, how much would you really be making as a profit if you subtract the $3K fee? That's why it is'nt worthwhile paying for anyone's picks.

One of the biggest misconceptions I've learned along the way is that somehow a tout or someone who charges for picks, somehow knows more about I do....knows that "inside information" that you cant read in a newspaper......which is pure baloney. If you gamble on hockey, as an example, get a twitter account and follows all the beat writers who follow their respective teams'. It's amazing the information you will learn from them. A star player missing in an NHL game, does not have near the impact of a star NBA player.

Second, just watch the games, and look for trends. What do we know about a shortened NHL season? That fatigue will definitely be an issue, and dogs will be barking more often. One week for a training camp? I have never heard of something so bloody ridiculous, so look for some elite teams to perhaps start out slowly. At this point, we really dont know the fitness level of the players.

And here's the most important lesson I've learned............that less is better. I was once a compulsive gambler who would bet on every game, every night, and along the way I figured out that you could still make the same level of profit by betting 15 games a month as opposed to betting 450 games a month. When you take a back seat and analyze, you see things alot better as a result of being mentally fresh. At least that's what I've learned.

A GOOD handicapper hits 57-65%, no, a GREAT one does. While we are on it, forget about the 65%, NO ONE hits that.

[TABLE="class: cms_table_historicalYear"]

[TH="class: cms_table_label"]Season[/TH]

Record

1-0-0 (+2.00)

148-170-1 (+77.00)

155-203-21 (+3.00)

145-201-7 (-22.00)

164-206-13 (+10.00)

162-194-40 (+25.00)

170-186-34 (+60.00)

181-212-4 (+25.00)

0-0-0 (0.00)

[/TABLE]

Good record to say the least but difficult to become a tout only playing underdogs.

that is his style. It's not all ML. laying the fav -.5 pucks in regulation is a frequent play not very much -1.5 pucks, some totals in there. he provides typically paragraph long write-ups as to why he likes the play. A Canadian also....and they live for hockey !

A sample of his write-ups. I'm not into his BB, but his hockey is as good as dink

01-10-2013, 11:42 AM
yesterday 2-0 +4.00 units
Season to date 23-18 +10.14 units

UTAH +5? -106 over UCLA

The Bruins have won seven in a row to run their record to 12-3. They’re 2-0 in conference play and as advertised, they very well may be the second best team in the conference. UCLA is scoring at will it seems and despite losing 78-70, they still hung 70 on Georgetown early in the year. The offense is not the problem. Defensively, UCLA allows far too many easy buckets and far too many points. They have also yet to play a true road game and until we see them prove themselves on the road, we’re not enticed to lay these road points.

The Utes are more dangerous than most believe. They’re 0-2 in conference play after losing by a point in OT at ASU and followed that up with a three-point loss at Arizona. Combined, that pair is 27-2. At BYU, they also lost by three. The Utes strength of schedule ranks 31st in the country and they come into this one very battle tested and ready to go. Utah freshman Jordan Loveridge has become a big-time scorer that could really go off for a big game here. Lastly, the Utes have been pure gold with nine covers in its last 10 games against the PAC-12 and 16 covers in their past 21 overall. They remain undervalued here too and could certainly win this one straight up. Play: Utah +5? (Risking 2.12 units to win 2).

Arizona State +5 -110 over OREGON STATE
The Sun Devils are 13-2 but because of last year’s 21-loss season, most folks aren’t believers. We’re not ready to pencil them into the dance just yet either but we’ve seen enough to suggest that they really are that improved. ASU beat a lot of cupcakes to achieve its current mark but then a very good Colorado team came along and the Sun Devils responded with a solid 9-point win. Even more impressive in that win over the Buffalos was that super frosh Jahii Carson managed just five points. Carson is a game changer that had an off game and the way the rest of the team picked him up should not be ignored. Carrick Felix can be explosive and Jordan Bachynski has been a disruptive force inside. The Sun Devils chemistry and intangibles are sky high at the moment.

In the Beavers’ biggest game of the year so far against Oregon to open PAC-12 play, they were buried by 13. Their biggest win of the year came against Purdue. OSU also lost to the Towson Tigers in its own building and they’ve played one of the softest schedules in the country, ranking 294th out of 341 squads. Now we get to take back a margin with the better team that can’t wait to get back on the floor. Pencil us in for that. Play Arizona State +5 (Risking 2.2 units to win 2).

IDAHO -1? -106 over Denver
The Pioneers are getting way too much credit here. They’ve opened conference play with a 3-1 record but the three teams they’ve beaten in WAC play are a combined 1-10. Despite a somewhat soft schedule, Denver’s rebounding ranks 345 out of 347 Division I schools. They have one road win in six games and that mark is unlikely to improve here.

By contrast, Idaho’s SOS ranks 62nd in the country. They’re 2-1 in WAC play after three successive road games with only loss occurring in OT against Utah State, the top team in the conference with a 4-0 conference record and 13-1 overall mark. The Vandals have played just four home games all season long and will be completely amped up to open the home portion of their conference schedule here. Dig deep enough when the menu is full and there are usually some strong games under the radar. This one qualifies as such. Play: Idaho (Risking 2.12 units to win 2).

Bumble29

EOG Enthusiast

No, only have a 1M bankroll. A poster by the name of scrimmage questioned whether it was possible to get down 30k in 90 seconds on an NHL game should a person want to do so.

And I proved above how it could be done.

BAUS

haha trust me I read the thread and that is not how your post presented it.

And for anyone who said earlier "can't get down enough anyway on NHL" or "can only bet $500" then you really just aren't trying very hard.

I would have absolutely no problem whatsoever getting down 30k on an NHL game in about 90 seconds.

BAUS

I think what I said is pretty clear. I wasn't trying to imply that I routinely bet 30k on an NHL game.

BAUS

Bumble29

EOG Enthusiast

I think what I said is pretty clear. I wasn't trying to imply that I routinely bet 30k on an NHL game.

BAUS

You said you would have no problem getting down on an NHL game in about 90 seconds.

Either your post has no point or you are implying that you can get down 30k at the same number. You then posted a bunch of books limits which equal 30k. So either you were lying or your post was sarcastic.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Alot of decent hockey cappers out there, unfortunately i didnt follow close but i clearly trust Munsons record

mathy

EOG Addicted

You said you would have no problem getting down on an NHL game in about 90 seconds.

Either your post has no point or you are implying that you can get down 30k at the same number. You then posted a bunch of books limits which equal 30k. So either you were lying or your post was sarcastic.

Obviously not 30k at the same number, but given those shops will probably be within 5 cents of each other... if you line them all up and hit confirm quickly, yes, 30k is very very easily done. He never said he regularly does this.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

BAUS is a true professional

I don't say this about alot of people in forumville.