Soccer cooling breaks

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Do they benefit offense because they give players the opportunity to refuel? Perhaps.

Do they discourage offense because the time spent on these breaks is not added to stoppage? Maybe.

I find it hysterical that either team couldn't wait an additional 15-20 minutes to wait until halftime or when the match is completed.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Do they benefit offense because they give players the opportunity to refuel? Perhaps.

Do they discourage offense because the time spent on these breaks is not added to stoppage? Maybe.

I find it hysterical that either team couldn't wait an additional 15-20 minutes to wait until halftime or when the match is completed.

As hot as things are it is needed

They are two minute breaks and are supposed to be added to the stoppage time each half. I was kinda of surprised to see it in Barcelona today, they said it was 76F at kickoff and they played at night, not exactly heat break necessary.

They do give coaches a chance to strategize a bit with the players but it's not a big deal really.