somebody has to say it - Guys that is why teams use a Prevent defense!

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
somebody has to say it - Guys that is why teams use a Prevent defense!

to prevent a play like USC got on 4th down.

the prevent D gets crushed by fans who know nothing but there is a reason to use it, and N. Dame choose not to and it cost them this time.

with the prevent D you give up yards and maybe a FG but not a big play that leads you to losing.

It was a perfect pass and catch, you play to stop them there and the game is over. Prevent defense had nothing to do with that play.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
actually the play never happens as he checked into the single coverage go route after he read that N Dame was sending some pressure on the play and not a 3 man front.

Sam Odom said:
Regardless, a defender cannot allow a receiver to get behind him.

I agree with that

I tried to be a DB but at 5'10" I was just bait for the fade route....

I think DB is toughest position on the field.

Its every game, these guys play to lose. Whoever has ball last wins

It is the worst strategy ever, play your game like from the 1st qtr and you will not see these comebacks

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
JoePa ought to have known better also - 78 frigging years old and still gave Michigan all those chances. And that zebra in Notre Dame on the goal line should be investigated. He was calling a touchdown on the penultimate play way before the guy got near the goal line. And then they gave them the ball one foot from a td when it should have been farther back. And when they did score the same zebra was giving them a td no matter what happened. If I was Weiss I would have kicked Carroll's ass just on GP with all that motioning for his qb to ground the ball! Okay, that's all for now! Just a few day-after observations! Have a profitable day!

CONSPIRACY ALERT!!!!

I am surprised that nobody mentioned that Pete Carrol, as the visiting head coach in a non-conference game had the right to request that re-play be used for the game, meaning that it would be available throughout the game for or against both teams.

He refused.

That ball would most definitely have been moved back a few yards as it clearly went backwards before going out-of-bounds.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm....

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Joe said:
CONSPIRACY ALERT!!!!

I am surprised that nobody mentioned that Pete Carrol, as the visiting head coach in a non-conference game had the right to request that re-play be used for the game, meaning that it would be available throughout the game for or against both teams.

He refused.

That ball would most definitely have been moved back a few yards as it clearly went backwards before going out-of-bounds.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm....
I could understand it if was the home team jobbing the visitor but NOTRE DAME? at home??????????

highnine

EOG Addicted
jjgold said:
Its every game, these guys play to lose. Whoever has ball last wins

It is the worst strategy ever, play your game like from the 1st qtr and you will not see these comebacks

:+thumbs-2 why can't coaches see this? they have to watch plenty of film. they must think THEIR defense is different.

Jack Sprat

EOG Member
jjgold said:

it was like notre dame took the win for granted. Still a great game. ONe of the best ever.

:smoke