Sources: Manning favors Denver or Arizona

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
Re: Sources: Manning favors Denver or Arizona

Manning met with Whisenhunt and Fitz today. My sources tell me AZ is now the front runner in the Manning sweepstakes.

His gratuitous visit to Florida will be to provide the media some fodder... before signing with the Cards.

tripp

EOG Master

Miami and Denver are the best fits. He could do serious damage with the Broncos. Bad division, stud WR in Thomas, will bring Wayne with him, amazing OL, good defense.

Broncos can win a championship with Peyton. I don't think Arizona can.

fvck, I was hoping he'd go to Denver, then I'd get to see him at least twice a year, vice getting buried in the middle of the fvcking desert with a bunch of wetbacks hiding out from Sherriff "make 'em all live in tents in the Phoenix heat" Arpaio.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Miami and Denver are the best fits. He could do serious damage with the Broncos. Bad division, stud WR in Thomas, will bring Wayne with him, amazing OL, good defense.

Broncos can win a championship with Peyton. I don't think Arizona can.

I don't disagree.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

NFC West and AFC West are weaker divisions giving Manning a better chance of a bye week and HFA in playoffs.

NFC West and AFC West are weaker divisions giving Manning a better chance of a bye week and HFA in playoffs.

SF is now the real deal. AZ is going to have a tough road.

AFC West is filled with pussies, especially a broken franchise in Oakie land. I live in SD, I should know.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

Im not sure why people think Miami is a good fit for him. Bad owner and team isnt just a QB away, they need more than just Manning.

tripp

EOG Master

Im not sure why people think Miami is a good fit for him. Bad owner and team isnt just a QB away, they need more than just Manning.

They can contend with a QB like Peyton.

They have an elite WR in Marshall. They could have Wayne and Bess as 2/3 options which would be extremely strong. They have a decent OL with young franchise pieces like Long and Pouncey.

They have a decent defense with very good corners.

They have an extrememly talented back like Reggie Bush who was really a top 10 RB last year.

They can contend with Peyton. That offense would be unreal.

They can contend with a QB like Peyton.

They have an elite WR in Marshall. They could have Wayne and Bess as 2/3 options which would be extremely strong. They have a decent OL with young franchise pieces like Long and Pouncey.

They have a decent defense with very good corners.

They have an extrememly talented back like Reggie Bush who was really a top 10 RB last year.

They can contend with Peyton. That offense would be unreal.

Miami !!!! :hung

railbird

EOG Master

Peyton is not a diffrence maker. Broncos would have been 3-13 last yr if Peyton was thier qb. A weak O line and marginal wrs, would have Peyton creating and milking an injury by early October

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Peyton is not a diffrence maker. Broncos would have been 3-13 last yr if Peyton was thier qb. A weak O line and marginal wrs, would have Peyton creating and milking an injury by early October

The Colts went from a record of 10-6 in 2010 to a record of 2-14 last season.

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

dogball

EOG Master

Your outrageous reputation is well earned

Discreet Cat

EOG Dedicated

This guy should retire. 35 years old, and coming off three neck surgeries? He's had a long, fantastic career, and i'm sure he could still play if this neck thing had never developed. But it has.

Just too much risk involved here for Peyton. His rest-of-life health is FAR more important than playing another season or two. What is he trying to prove? It's not like he needs the money...

DJDalamar

EOG Dedicated

Rumor is if he goes to Denver they will relese Tebow and Jacksonville is showing a strong intrest in Tebow if he is relesed. Could be a wininng situation for everyone.

Be real intresting to see how well Denver does with another QB.

Rumor is if he goes to Denver they will relese Tebow and Jacksonville is showing a strong intrest in Tebow if he is relesed. Could be a wininng situation for everyone.

Be real intresting to see how well Denver does with another QB.

Why release Teebone? His contract is only $1.5mil, and Peyton Place won't last forever.

tripp

EOG Master

They will trade Tebow from the report I read (To Jacksonville most likely). Peyton probably wouldn't want to play in Denver while Tebow was there with all the attention he gets.

They will trade Tebow from the report I read (To Jacksonville most likely). Peyton probably wouldn't want to play in Denver while Tebow was there with all the attention he gets.

I don't think so, the crazy Denver fans will skin even Elway over this, and call Payton the Teebone Killer...and for $1.5mil, there's hardly any cost.

Doesn't make much sense either since Peyton can mentor Teebone in his geezer years: so low costs, high probable payoff.

tripp

EOG Master

It makes sense if peyton doesn't want to deal with the Tebow circus while he is there.

Elway will do whatever it takes to get Peyton. He doesn't want Tebow anyways so having to get rid of him to sign Peyton is a pretty easy choice for Elway.

It makes sense if peyton doesn't want to deal with the Tebow circus while he is there.

Elway will do whatever it takes to get Peyton. He doesn't want Tebow anyways so having to get rid of him to sign Peyton is a pretty easy choice for Elway.

Well, J'ville would welcome Teebone with open arms...Florida is still crazy about him. I've got a Grandmother in Port Charlotte who doesn't watch football but has a Tebow jersey. Nuts.

tripp

EOG Master

That is why JAX would go get him. They know he will draw in fans and in the end, money. Jacksonville doesnt have a QB anyways so might as well sell some tickets with a different shitty QB.

DJDalamar

EOG Dedicated

I think it may be a winning situation for everyone. Tebow fianlly gets a front office that fully supports him, Jaguars get someone that can sell and creat excitment and Denver gets the pocket passer that they been wanting.

Plus I get to laugh when Peyton makes it less then a year and Den has no QB to build around again.

My "sources" tell me that both the Manning and Tebow camps are monitoring the input on the situation from EOG posters.

Relax , this is just a bargaining ploy by the Manning camp to drive up his price. I can'telaborate further, I'm in a car driving thru New Mexico to Vegas. My sources have spoken.

boston massacre

EOG Master

if any team wants TEBOW . see what you can get for him. He's a terrible passer.

he can't stand in the pocket and throw the ball downfield 30-50 yards with any accuracy.

what made him a great quarterback at u. florida does not work in the n.f.l.

of course, the n.f.l. has a lot of starting quarterbacks who are average at best.

BRADY--BREES--RODGERS--PEYTON MANNING BEFORE INJURY ARE IN THE TOP TIER.

GREAT DOWNFIELD ACCURATE POCKET PASSING QUARTERBACKS.

ALL MVP SUPER BOWL WINNING QUARTERBACKS. THEY WILL ALL HAVE GREAT YEARS AGAIN THIS YEAR . PEYTON INJURY ??? WAS ELI LEFT OUT ??? BEN ROTH. ???

EAGLES DRAFTED KOLB IN FIRST ROUND. THEY COULDN'T GET RID OF HIM FAST ENOUGH. CARDINALS JUMPED ALL OVER HIM. THERE LOOKING TO DUMP HIM ALREADY.

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME TRYING TO DEVELOP TEBOW .

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated

I'll give you the crappy WRs but that O-line is amazing pass protectionwise. Tebow had minutes back there.

Denver's D is way overrated. Good offenses kept putting up 40 spot on them regularly.

Dolphins have a way better team, sans the QB. After their horrid start they were competitive in like every game

VegasRandy

EOG Veteran

[h=1]Team-by-team cap space, as of March 11[/h]

Bengals: $49.9 million under.
Broncos: $44.7 million under.
Buccaneers: $42.7 million under.
Jaguars: $40.6 million under.
Chiefs: $32.5 million under.
Redskins: $31.1 million under.
Bills: $30.8 million under.
Seahawks: $29.8 million under.
Titans: $28.1 million under.
Bears: $22.6 million under.
49ers: $21.8 million under.
Browns: $17.4 million under.
Patriots: $16.2 million under.
Chargers: $14.9 million under.
Ravens: $14.45 million under.
Dolphins: $11.8 million under.
Colts: $11.6 million under.
Steelers: $10.5 million under.
Eagles: $9.6 million under.
Vikings: $7.9 million under.
Jets: $7.1 million under.
Falcons: $5.8 million under.
Packers: $5.4 million under.
Saints: $5.2 million under.
Cowboys: $4.7 million under.
Rams: $1.2 million under.
Giants: $3.8 million over.
Texans: $4.7 million over.
Panthers: $5.3 million over.
Raiders: $7.4 million over.
Lions: $11.5 million over.
Cardinals: $16.4 million over.

I don't think Arizona can afford Manning.

VegasRandy

EOG Veteran

Meagtron, Stafford and Suh all drafted before the rookie cap put Detroit in a bad spot. Lions still need a lot of help on Oline, LB, and Secondary but they don't have the funds to address these needs. Might fall back to 8-8 or 7-9 type team.

Heim

EOG Master

Has anyone fallen from prospect to suspect quicker than Kolb?

Whether they sign Manning or not can't be good for his psyche.

tripp

EOG Master

I'll give you the crappy WRs but that O-line is amazing pass protectionwise. Tebow had minutes back there.

Denver's D is way overrated. Good offenses kept putting up 40 spot on them regularly.

Dolphins have a way better team, sans the QB. After their horrid start they were competitive in like every game

I think Peyton Manning could easily make their WR's look amazing. Thomas is a gifted talent. With Peyton he would be a Pro Bowl WR without any doubt. Put Wayne and Decker as the 2/3 and that is better than the WR's Peyton made look so great in Indy on the way to the Super Bowl a few years ago.

EasyGoer45

EOG Veteran

Team-by-team cap space, as of March 11

Bengals: $49.9 million under.
Broncos: $44.7 million under.
Buccaneers: $42.7 million under.
Jaguars: $40.6 million under.
Chiefs: $32.5 million under.
Redskins: $31.1 million under.
Bills: $30.8 million under.
Seahawks: $29.8 million under.
Titans: $28.1 million under.
Bears: $22.6 million under.
49ers: $21.8 million under.
Browns: $17.4 million under.
Patriots: $16.2 million under.
Chargers: $14.9 million under.
Ravens: $14.45 million under.
Dolphins: $11.8 million under.
Colts: $11.6 million under.
Steelers: $10.5 million under.
Eagles: $9.6 million under.
Vikings: $7.9 million under.
Jets: $7.1 million under.
Falcons: $5.8 million under.
Packers: $5.4 million under.
Saints: $5.2 million under.
Cowboys: $4.7 million under.
Rams: $1.2 million under.
Giants: $3.8 million over.
Texans: $4.7 million over.
Panthers: $5.3 million over.
Raiders: $7.4 million over.
Lions: $11.5 million over.
Cardinals: $16.4 million over.

I don't think Arizona can afford Manning.

This can't be right

EasyGoer45

EOG Veteran

The guy that wrote your article was from Tempe, Kinger, he might be a homer too

DJDalamar

EOG Dedicated

I disagree that the pass protection in Denver is great. Tebow had so long cause he wasn't really getting rushed. They were purposely hanging back to see if he would take off and run. You look at the NE and Lions games where they truly rushed a lot and that O line collapsed.

Tebow is suppose to work with Elway this offseason on his passing it'll be a shame if he doesn't get to.

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

I think if Jax will give up something worthwhile it would be in Denver's best interest to go ahead and get rid of Tebow because it won't be long before he is done.Jacksonville would be the perfect spot to see if Tebow sinks or swims in regards to his career especially down in Florida where is regarded as a larger than life figure down in the swamp.If Denver can get something for him then the Jags down in Tebow's stomping grounds in Florida would be the one team to bite as far as interest.