Spooky Express College Football Bowl season Bowling for Dollars selection and analysis thread

Re: Spooky Express College Football Bowl season Bowling for Dollars selection and analysis thread

BELK BOWL

GEORGIA vs LOUISVILLE
Tuesday, Dec. 30, 6:30 p.m.ET
ESPN

The 2014 Belk Bowl should be a great matchup, and one that?s definitely worth taking in when you get home from work (unless you have the day off!) on Tuesday, December 30th at 6:30pm EST on ESPN. It features two top-25 teams in the Georgia Bulldogs (13th) against the Louisville Cardinals (21st). Both of these teams have done some impressive things in 2014, and both are looking to end the year on a high note. Let?s get to a prediction and pick for this great pre-New Years matchup!

Georgia Turns to Chubb With Gurley Out

For the Bulldogs, they?ll be without Todd Gurley, who is out with an injury. Fortunately for this team, Nick Chubb has stupped up in a big way during his absence, and has rushed for 1,281 yards and 12 touchdowns. Quarterback Hutson Mason has had a strong senior year as well, throwing for 20 touchdowns and just four interceptions, showing a strong ability to avoid turning the ball over in most situations. The Bulldogs have gotten success from all over, as they are the 13th-best rushing team in the country with 255 yards per game, while also averaging 41.7 points per game, eighth best in the country. The Bulldogs? only losses came against bowl-eligible teams in South Carolina, Florida and Georgia Tech, although those first two didn?t have the best of years by a long shot.

Louisville Led by Parker and Rotating QB's

Louisville actually played the first seven games of the season without star wide receiver DeVante Parker, but he still leads the team in receiving with 735 yards and five touchdowns. He?s been a complete stud throughout his career, and it hasn?t mattered who?s been playing quarterback. Starter Will Gardner got injured during the season, and things turned over to Reggie Bonnafon, who had a strong stretch. Bonnafon went down in the final game against Kentucky though, and this meant that Kyle Bolin had to step in and led the way with a massive game. It?s worth noting that the Cardinals will be without former Auburn running back Michael Dyer, as he was ruled academically ineligible before this game.

PICK

The Bulldogs may be the favorites here, but you can?t overlook what the Cardinals have done this year. While they had a tough loss to Virginia, their other two losses came against the Clemson Tigers and Florida State Seminoles, showing us just how well this team has dealt with the ups and downs of the season. I think that the Cardinals keep this one close, and it goes down to the wire. I?ll take this game to stay within a touchdown, and for the game to end within a field goal one way or the other.

Louisville Cardinals

Check back closer to game day for any changes to the spread and/or prediction here
and at The Spooky Express

Re: Spooky Express College Football Bowl season Bowling for Dollars selection and analysis thread

FOSTER FARMS BOWL

MARYLAND vs STANFORD
Tuesday, Dec. 30, 10:00 p.m.ET
ESPN

If you want to talk about two teams who went in different directions in 2014, look no further than the two teams squaring off in the 2014 Foster Farms Bowl. For the Maryland Terrapins, no one really knew what to expect from this team, but they were able to go 7-5 with a 4-4 record in their move to the Big Ten. On the other side, the Stanford Cardinal were a highly ranked team to start the season, but ended at 7-5 with a 5-4 Pac-12 record, leaving fans pretty disappointed when all was said and done. These two teams now square off, and kickoff is set for Tuesday, December 30th at 10:00pm EST on ESPN.

Maryland Comes In Not Playing Great Football

The Terrapins come in having lost two of their last three games, and three of their last five games. Basically, this Terrapins? team got the job done against the teams they were supposed to beat, and lost to the teams they were supposed to lose to (in the eyes of most). Now, they?ll look to get a solid win to end the year on the right note. Wide out Stefon Diggs will be the player to watch, as he had 52 catches for 654 yards and five touchdowns, but is absolutely electric when the ball touches his hands. This team didn?t excel at much offensively, and really won quite a few of their games in true ?grind it out? fashion.

Stanford Defense Is Key To Wins

The Cardinal on the other hand lost to teams who were all in the top-25 at the time that they faced them. It was a respectable group of losses, but they just couldn?t get that big win at the time they needed it. They did knock off the eighth-ranked UCLA Bruins in the final game of the season, which was incredibly impressive, and could be a building block towards this bowl game. Kevin Hogan will be the man to watch offensively, as the senior threw for 17 touchdowns and eight interceptions this year. Truly though, the power of Stanford is their defense, as they rank second in the nation in points allowed per game at just 16.

PICK

The Cardinal comes in as two touchdown favorites, but I just don?t think it?s enough. Stanford is just a far better team, and I have a ton of faith in them, especially coming off of that win against UCLA. This is one of the best bets of the bowl season, and I think they win by multiple touchdowns (more than two obviously). Expect this game to turn into a blowout for Stanford.

Stanford Cardinal

Check back closer to game day for any changes to the spread and/or prediction here
and at The Spooky Express.

Update

The Bulldogs come into this game as close to a touchdown favorite, and I think this is the team who gets the job done in the Zaxby?s Heart of Dallas Bowl. Why, you ask? Well, this is a Bulldogs? team who leads the nation with 40 takeaways on the year, so their defense has done a great job of getting the ball back into the offenses hands. Tack on the fact that this is just the fourth time that the Bulldogs have made a bowl in 20 years, and I fully expect them to end their year on a high note. We actually expect this team to win by more than three touchdowns, and while that may sound crazy, this is one of the best bets of the entire bowl season, although I am still treading a bit easy.

Louisiana Tech -6

CHICK-FIL-A PEACH BOWL

OLE MISS vs TCU
Wednesday, Dec. 31, 12:30 p.m. ET
ESPN

It?s that time of year, we?re almost to 2014, and the biggest of the bowl games to this point is set to kickoff on Wednesday, December 31st at 12:30pm EST. The game will be aired on ESPN, and features the TCU Horned Frogs, who are still upset about missing out on the first-ever CFB Playoff, against an Ole Miss Rebels team who looked like they could be poised for a Playoff run themselves after starting the year out 7-0, including a win over the Alabama Crimson Tide. Let?s get the preview and pick for this one, and breakdown the game a bit more in-depth.

Ole Miss Led By Wallace

After rolling along to start the year, the Rebels dropped two straight, and three of four games to lose out on any hopes of a Playoff showing. They did knock off the Mississippi State Bulldogs to end the year, which gave them a spot in this bowl. What was the most impressive part of the Rebels? 2014 season is that they were the top team in the entire country in terms of points allowed per game at just 13.8. They were also strong through the air passing, averaging 275.6 yards per game, which is 31st in the nation. Bo Wallace led the way, throwing for 3,085 yards and 22 touchdowns.

TCU Can Score Points

The Horned Frogs have to be upset about how far they fell after dominating Iowa State in the final game of the season, 55-3. They were an incredible 11-1 this season, and their lone loss came against the Baylor Bears, in a game where they were ahead almost the entire time, but lost a heartbreaker 61-58. They had some incredible wins and were led by an incredibly talented quarterback themselves in Trevone Boykin, who had an incredible 3,714 yards passing with 30 touchdowns, and also rushed for 642 yards and eight touchdowns on the ground. He literally did everything asked of him, and he?s been a key to their success in 2014.

PICK

The Cardinal comes in as two touchdown favorites, but I just don?t think it?s enough. Stanford is just a far better team, and I have a ton of faith in them, especially coming off of that win against UCLA. This is one of the best bets of the bowl season, and I think they win by multiple touchdowns (more than two obviously). Expect this game to turn into a blowout for Stanford.

TCU Horned Frogs

QUICK LANE BOWL

RUTGERS vs NORTH CAROLINA
Friday, Dec. 26, 4:30 p.m. ET
ESPN

Update

This is a very, very tough game to call, and with the Tar Heels only laying a field goal, it?s not the best bet either way currently. While we expect Rutgers to be right there with the Heels, they could obviously pull the upset. We?ll come back closer to game time with a pick, but for now I?d be looking at the Scarlet Knights as the bet if I can get more than a field goal but will sit tight for the time being. Tough call in this game but its bowl season and I always play every game so lets take the points and buy another and roll with my old home state team.

RUTGERS SCARLET KNIGHTS +5

BITCOIN ST. PETERSBURG BOWL

NC STATE vs UCF
Friday, Dec. 26, 8:00 p.m. ET
ESPN

Update

The Knights are small favorites here, but I think their defense will just be too much for the Wolfpack. The Pack don?t have the type of pass game that can truly make life very tough on their opponent, and that?s what they?d need here. Central Florida wins this game by more than a touchdown, and I think this could end up being a very solid bet in the upcoming bowl season. A bit hesitant with this game even though it seems to be one of the better bets of bowl season, take them on the moneyline regardless. Lets hope our good run continues, Western Kentucky notwithstandings.

CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS PK (moneyline)

VIZIO FIESTA BOWL

BOISE STATE vs ARIZONA
Wednesday, Dec. 31, 4:00 p.m. ET
ESPN

The midday action for New Years Eve is poised to feature a great game in the Boise State Broncos up against the Arizona Wildcats, both of which are top 20 teams in the nation currently. Boise State comes into this one as the 20th-ranked team in the country with an 11-2 record (7-1 in the Mountain West), while Arizona is sitting at 10-3 this year with a 7-2 Pac-12 conference record. The Wildcats are the early favorites in this one, but let?s take a look at a prediction and pick and break the game down more in-depth.

Boise State and Ajayi Ready for Bowl Game

The Broncos two losses this year came in the first five games, sat his team started out 3-2 to kick off the year, losing to Ole Miss and Air Force, who are both in bowl games as well. Interestingly, both the Broncos pass game and run game has been incredibly effective this year, ranking in the top 30 in the nation. They also rank ninth overall in total points for at 39.8 per game, showing just how talented this team is on offense. Jay Ajayi, the Broncos? stud junior running back has been incredible this year, rushing for 1,689 yards with 25 total touchdowns. Ajayi is going to be the man to watch in this game, but they have a talented quarterback in Grant Hedrick who can get the job done as well.

Arizona Football Future is Bright

For Arizona, their losses were all incredibly respectable, as they fell to USC, UCLA and Oregon. Arizona can also air it out well, averaging 277.7 yards per game, and they?ve had very little problem scoring the ball also, averaging 34.8 points per game. Freshman running back Nick Wilson has been strong, with 1,289 yards and 15 touchdowns, while Anu Solomon, another freshman has led this team well, throwing for 3,458 yards, 27 touchdowns and just seven interceptions. Basically, the future for Arizona football is incredible bright at this point thanks to their young talented group of offensive players specifically.

PICK

The Wildcats come in as three point favorites, but I think the underdog is the bet here. Not only that, but I think that the Broncos get the job done in impressive fashion. This is another game that has me thinking. I like the Pac 12 and I could see Arizona blowing out Boise State but on the other hand the numbers show Boise State as a big play. So lets roll with the numbers and I?d recommend taking this team as the underdog, but also taking them straight up on the money line and giving yourself a shot at getting a nice return on your bet.

Boise State Broncos

CAPITAL ONE ORANGE BOWL

#7 MISSISSIPPI STATE vs #12 GEORGIA TECH
Wednesday, Dec. 31, 8:00 p.m. ET
ESPN

The 2014 Capital One Orange Bowl is one of the most anticipated games of the bowl season, at least before New Years Day. This is the final bowl game of 2014, as it?s the late-night kickoff at 8:00pm EST and will be aired on ESPN. The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets are the early underdogs against the Mississippi State Bulldogs in this game of right around a touchdown. The Bulldogs and Yellow Jackets both had huge years, and the Yellow Jackets actually fell just short of taking down the ACC Championship in 2014 against the Florida State Seminoles.

Great Year for Mississippi State

For the Bulldogs, they went 10-2 on the year with a 6-2 SEC record. They were the top team in the country for a while, but after a 9-0 start, they lost two of three games, with losses against the Alabama Crimson Tide and the Ole Miss Rebels to end the year. The man with the plan for the Bulldogs? It has to be Dak Prescott, who has thrown for nearly 3,000 yards and 24 touchdowns, but also rushed for 939 yards and 13 touchdowns on the season. Until a few late season mediocre games, Prescott was in the thick of the Heisman Trophy race. While Prescott has been incredibly good this year, the defense has been even better, as they allow just 19.4 points per game, which is the ninth best in the nation.

Great Running Leads Yellowjackets

Georgia Tech on the other side, well, they are one of the best rushing teams in the entire country, averaging 333.6 yards per game. They?ve been simply stellar, and that rushing attack has turned into some big scoring performances. The Yellow Jackets average 37 points per game, which is 19th best in the nation. Justin Thomas, the sophomore quarterback, is the man to watch, as he?s thrown for 1,594 yards with 17 touchdowns, but has 965 rushing yards and five rushing touchdowns as well. He?s a serious game changer and could be the man to lead the upset.

PICK

The Bulldogs are seven-point favorites, but they?ll get the job done. I?m projecting them to win by double-digits, so I wouldn?t lay more than around a touchdown. Mississippi State?s body of work, paired with their incredible defense could make all the difference in the end. Prescott is going to lead the way and make a statement to the country while doing so.

Mississippi St Bulldogs

OUTBACK BOWL

AUBURN vs WISCONSIN
Thursday, Jan. 1, 12:00 p.m. ET
ESPN2

In our first of the New Year bowl games, we get to see two top-20 teams face off in the 2014 Outback Bowl in the Auburn Tigers and the Wisconsin Badgers. This game kicks off on Thursday, January 1st at 12:00pm EST and will be aired on ESPN2. Both Auburn and Wisconsin finished the year with solid records, but both had much higher hopes than where they finished. The Tigers finished the year up at 8-4 with a 4-4 SEC record, while the Badgers went 10-3 with a 7-1 Big Ten record. Both of these teams have players to watch, but let?s look at a few keys to watch for and give a prediction and pick on this one.

Auburn Just Misses Championship Games

The Tigers started the year out 5-0 on the year before dropping one to the Mississippi Bulldogs. Many thought that Auburn might have trouble making the CFB Playoff at that point, but still had a shot. Things didn?t work out, though, as they dropped three of their last four games to Texas A&M, Georgia and Alabama to fall out of contention. Senior Nick Marshall is the man to watch for the Tigers, as he?s thrown for 2,315 yards, 18 touchdowns and rushed for an impressive 780 yards and 11 touchdowns as well. Add on the nearly 1,500 yards and 11 touchdowns from Cameron Artis-Payne, and it?s no surprise that the team who ranks 12th in the nation in rushing yards per game and 23rd in points per game is favored by close to a touchdown in this one.

Wisconsin Struggled Down the Stretch

As for Wisconsin it was an ending to a year that they want to forget. After losing to LSU and Northwestern early in the season, the Badgers reeled off seven wins in a row to get to the Big Ten Championship against Ohio State. The Buckeyes third-string QB had a day that many dream of, knocking off this team 59-0. Wisconsin is an incredible running team, averaging 314 yards per game, which is fourth in the nation, while giving up only 20 points per game defensively. If you haven?t heard the name Melvin Gordon yet, well, you?ve been living under a rock. Gordon went for 2,336 yards and 26 touchdowns this year, and is a major NFL prospect.

PICK

I actually believe that the wrong side is favored here. The Badgers are undervalued here after that brutal loss to the Buckeyes, and I think they win this game by more than a touchdown and shock both the SEC and the Auburn Tigers. It?s a major upset, but taking the Badgers on the money line can pay off nicely, but either way, stick with the Badgers and the points in a worst case. As stated on other reviews I do want to see how the Big Ten does in some of these bowl games but this looks like one of those games where everyone zigs and Spooky zags.

Wisconsin Badgers

and at The Spooky Express.

GOODYEAR COTTON BOWL

MICHIGAN STATE vs BAYLOR
Thursday, Jan. 1, 12:30 p.m. ET
ESPN

In the second of the Thursday, January 1st bowl games, we have what could likely be the best of the bowl games to this point in the bowl season. The eighth-ranked Michigan State Spartans are taking on the fifth-ranked Baylor Bears. While the Bears are still upset about missing out on the first-ever CFB Playoff, the Spartans finished an impressive year and fell just on the outside looking in as well. This game kicks off at 12:30pm EST, and will be aired on ESPN. Let?s breakdown the game and give a prediction and pick on what should be quite the matchup.

Michigan State Impressive All Around

The Spartans finished the season up with a 10-2 record, losing only to two different teams in the CFB Playoff in the Oregon Ducks and Ohio State Buckeyes. It?s incredibly impressive when you look at it, and this is a team who gets it done on both sides of the ball. Not only do they rank seventh nationally with 43.1 points per game, but their defense ranks 14th overall, as they allow only 19.9 points per game. Connor Cook has been great at quarterback, tossing for 22 touchdowns, but their run game has also racked up big numbers, as Jeremy Langford had an incredible 19 touchdowns with 1,360 yards, and Nick Hill tacked on nine touchdowns and 596 yards.

Baylor Comes In With 1 Loss

Not to be outdone, the Baylor Bears rolled on to an 11-1 record, with their only loss coming to West Virginia by a score of 41-27. The offense has been often-talked about throughout the college football world, as they average the most points per game this year with 48.8 per game. As for the starting quarterback and leader of the Bears, Bryce Petty, he has led this passing game to an average of 346.2 yards per game, ranking fifth overall. Petty tossed 26 touchdowns, while Shock Linwood also added 16 touchdowns on the ground. The Bears are still dealing with not making the Playoff, but the question is, can they get past it for this game?

PICK

Let?s not overlook the Spartans here, because this is an incredibly talented team. In fact, the Bears are getting the love here because of their strong year, which is rightfully earned, but I think the Spartans get the job done and win this game by close to a touchdown. Without crunching numbers I would think that this is all about Baylor but the numbers say otherwise. And who am I too argue. This is another great spot for a money line underdog, but I?ll take Michigan State and the points. I do want to see how the Big Ten is doing leading up to this game but its a go.

Michigan State Spartans

BUFFALO WILD WINGS CITRUS BOWL

MISSOURI vs MINNESOTA
Thursday, Jan. 1, 1:00 p.m. ET
ABC

Welcome to the official 2015 bowl games, as this action will be one of the first games to kick off the New Year. Both the Missouri Tigers and the Minnesota Golden Gophers finished in the top 25 in the nation to end the year, with the Tigers going 10-3 with a 7-1 SEC record, while the Golden Gophers went 8-4 with a 5-3 Big Ten record. This game gets underway on Thursday, January 1st at 1:00pm on ABC. Let?s take a look at the game breakdown and give a prediction and pick on the Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl.

Missouri Fitting Right In SEC

The Tigers played some very strong defense against a talented SEC, allowing just 21.4 points per game, which is 26th best in the nation. They had two tough losses against the Georgia Bulldogs (34-0) and the Alabama Crimson Tide (42-13), but what really hurt them was an early season loss to the Indiana Hoosiers. The Tigers have a very up-and-down quarterback in sophomore Maty Mauk, but when Mauk is on his game, he?s really firing on all cylinders. He finished the year with 2,551 yards, 23 passing touchdowns and 11 interceptions. Mauk will be key for the Tigers, but junior running back Russell Hansbrough has been impressive on the year, rushing for nine touchdowns.

Cobb Running Game Should Carry Minnesota

As for those Golden Gophers, their run game is where they excel. They average 224.6 yards per game, and their only losses this year came against bowl-bound teams in TCU, Illinois, Ohio State and Wisconsin. Minnesota had two players rush for double-digit touchdowns, as running back David Cobb went for 1,545 yards and 13 touchdowns, while quarterback Mitch Leidner ran for 10 touchdowns, an threw for 10 as well. This team is focused in a big way on their run game, and they?ll try to control the pace and let their strong defense (23.4 points per game allowed) get their job done against Mauk and company.

PICK

What a brutal game to call. These two sides seem to be pretty evenly matched, and while I wouldn?t be surprised to see either team walk away with the win, I think it?s going to really come down to the wire. Since I think this one ends up being a close game, I?m going to take the Golden Gophers to cover the spread in a game that could end up coming down to a late field goal from Missouri, or possibly a late field goal from Minnesota. Great game to watch, let?s roll with the Gophers! And once again lets see how the Big Ten does in these bowl games so definitely check back closer to game time for a final decision.

Minnesota Golden Gophers / Missouri Tigers TBD

MILITARY BOWL

CINCINNATI vs VIRGINIA TECH
Saturday, Dec. 27, 1:00 p.m. ET
ESPN

Update

It?s interesting, because sometimes the records don?t tell the full story. The Hokies had the one bad loss to Wake Forest, but aside from that, they lost to Georgia Tech, ECU, Pittsburgh, Miami and Boston College. All of which are not bad losses. They?ve also showed how good they can be with that 35-21 win over Ohio State. Do we see good or bad Hokie football? I think we see the good, and they get the job done, making them an interesting money line underdog bet here. I see them winning this game by a field goal. Lets take the points and check back closer to the game. Truly not sold on this game. I will be rolling with the Hokies but making this a small play because I can see this going all wrong and played it a week ago.

VIRGINIA TECH HOKIES +4

HYUNDAI SUN BOWL

ARIZONA STATE vs DUKE
Saturday, Dec. 27, 2:00 p.m. ET
CBS

Update

There?s something strange about this game. Arizona State is getting a whole lot of love, but I think Duke isn?t getting the respect they deserve. Dave Cutcliffe is one of the best coaches in the country, and he?s going to have his team ready for this matchup. I think the Sun Devils? offense gets slowed down quite a bit, and Duke either keeps it very close, or possibly pulls off the upset. I like this bet quite a bit, lets roll with the underdog here, take the points in a battle to the end. Can you say Money Line Dog as well? Maybe.

DUKE BLUE DEVILS +9

DUKE BLUE DEVILS / ARIZONA STATE UNDER 66 POINTS

DUCK COMMANDER INDEPENDENCE BOWL

MIAMI vs SOUTH CAROLINA
Saturday, Dec. 27, 3:30 p.m. ET
ABC

Update

The Hurricanes may be listed as small favorites in this one, but I love this game. I think Miami rolls right through and makes a statement against the Gamecocks. Look for Johnson to run all over South Carolina, and have a huge game in what could potentially end up being his final college game. Miami wins this game by double digits. Lets roll with the Canes!

MIAMI HURRICANES PK (moneyline)

NEW ERA PINSTRIPE BOWL

BOSTON COLLEGE vs PENN STATE
Saturday, Dec. 27, 4:30 p.m. ET
ESPN

Update

It?s a tough call, but while I do believe Boston College wins the game here, I think it?s safer just to take them on the money line and not lay any points. The combination of their incredible run game, mixed with a defense who should completely shut down the Penn State offense makes for an interesting bet, and I?m rolling with the Eagles in a very close game. Hopefully they open it up late so lets take em on the moneyline and look for another winner.

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES PK (moneyline)

NATIONAL UNIVERSITY HOLIDAY BOWL

NEBRASKA vs USC
Saturday, Dec. 27, 8:00 p.m. ET
ESPN

Update

The Trojans. I?m really big on taking advantage of the mass drama that?s going on over at Nebraska, and to top it off, I believe that USC?s defense is underrated. They give up just 23.8 points per game, which is 38th best in the country. They?ve faced some tough opponents as well, and they?ll be able to slow down this Nebraska attack. I?m taking USC to get the win, but also to cover the spread. Expect something like 34-21. FIGHT ON!!!!

USC TROJANS -6
:cheers
[h=2][/h]

ROSE BOWL

#2 OREGON vs #3 FLORIDA STATE
Thursday, Jan. 1, 5:00 p.m. ET
ESPN

It?s time for the first-ever College Football Playoff, and the action will kick off with the 2014 Rose Bowl, which features the 2nd ranked team in the nation in the Oregon Ducks, against the 3rd ranked team in the country, the Florida State Seminoles. While Oregon finished the year 12-1, while going 8-1 in the Pac-12, the Seminoles went an impressive 13-0 and 8-0 in ACC play. Will the undefeated streak continue for the ?Noles? Let?s take a look at this matchup and give a prediction and pick on what could be the best bowl of the entire season.

Heisman Mariota Leads the Charge

For the Ducks, their loss to Arizona was the only had one they had, and they rebounded from that loss by dominating the Wildcats in the Pac-12 Championship Game by a score of 51-13. This Oregon team is just stacked offensively, and they?re led by the Heisman Trophy winner, Marcus Mariota. Mariota not only threw for 3,783 yards and 38 touchdowns this year, but he rushed for 669 yards and 14 touchdowns as well. His numbers are just absolutely incredible, and it?s no surprise that he?s projected as one of the top picks in the NFL Draft. Freshman running back Royce Freeman can?t be overlooked either, as he?s rushed for 1,299 yards and an impressive 16 touchdowns. This team is ranked 11th in the nation in passing yards per game and 3rd overall in points per game at 46.3.

Florida State Will Come Out Firing

Now for those Seminoles and the former Heisman Trophy winner, Jameis Winston. There has been a ton of off-field drama around Winston this year but this team has still won the games they needed to win and got it done no matter what the situation was. It?s been an interesting season for Seminole football, as they haven?t seemed to really get it going until the second half of many games. Expect FSU to come out firing in this game, and if not then they?ll have some trouble keeping up with the high-octane offense of the Ducks.

PICK

Let?s start by saying that you can?t say enough about a team finishing back-to-back seasons undefeated. This doesn?t mean that they are the best team on the field, though. I think Oregon wins this game without a question, and while I don?t love laying the big number, I?d prefer to tease it down or buy points to get this to a touchdown or an even number. Take the odds and make the bet, but I expect to see the Ducks get the job done and move to the first ever CFB Playoff Championship Game. Come back closer to gametime since we may have an opinion on the total.

Oregon Ducks

Check back closer to game day for any changes to the spread and/or prediction here and at The Spooky Express

ALLSTATE SUGAR BOWL

#1 ALABAMA vs #4 OHIO STATE

Thursday, Jan. 1, 8:30 p.m. ET
ESPN

Time for game two of the 2014 CFB Playoff, and it features an Alabama Crimson Tide team who finished the year at 12-1 with a 7-1 SEC record, and they looked incredibly good while doing it. Their lone loss came early in the year against Ole Miss, and they bounced back by rolling off eight wins in a row, including five against then-top 25 teams. Ohio State on the other side was actually on the outside looking in before the final game of the season, but an absolute smack down of the Wisconsin Badgers, 59-0 was enough to propel them into the Playoff. They finished 12-1 with an 8-0 Big Ten record. This is the late game of the Playoff, as it kicks off on Thursday, January 1st at 8:30pm EST on ESPN.

Alabama Defense Is Their Rock

For the Crimson Tide, it?s about that defense. This team allows just 16.6 points per game, and they?ve been absolutely stellar on that side of the ball. Their offense is nothing to turn your nose up at either, as they are 17th nationally with 37.1 points per game. This team is just so talented all-around, and quarterback Blake Sims has thrown for 3,250 yards and 26 touchdowns this season, while they have two running backs, T.J. Yeldon and Derrick Henry who have 10 touchdowns each. On top of that, Amari Cooper is one of the best wide outs in the entire nation, and he?s racked up over 1,650 yards with 14 touchdowns and an incredible 115 receptions.

Ohio State Has National Championship Hopes

As absolutely incredible as the Crimson Tide have been, you can?t look past this Buckeyes team. They had to call on Cardale Jones, their third-string quarterback in the final game, and he just tossed for 257 yards and three touchdowns in the biggest game of his career. They run the ball incredibly well, averaging 260.8 yards per game, which is 11th in the nation, and have no problem scoring the ball, as they average 45.2 points per game. Obviously losing J.T. Barrett is huge, but this team rallied, and they could very well rally once again in the Playoff game.

PICK

Ohio State keeps this game close. They are well-coached, are loaded with talent, and simply aren?t getting enough love in this game. I think that Ohio State shows up big, and actually slows down the Alabama offense. While the Bama defense will be a tough test for the Buckeyes, they?ll utilize that talented run game and control the clock. I think Alabama could win this game, but it won?t be by 10+ points.

Ohio State Buckeyes

LOCKHEED MARTIN ARMED FORCES BOWL

HOUSTON vs PITTSBURGH

Friday, Jan. 2, 12:00 p.m. ET
ESPN

We?re on to the January 2nd bowl games, and Friday has some great action after an exciting run of New Years day bowls. The day starts off with the Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl, which features the Houston Cougars against the Pittsburgh Panthers. The Cougars come into this game with a 7-5 record, while going 5-3 in conference play, while the Panthers were 6-6 with a 4-4 ACC record. The first January 2nd bowl kicks off at 12:00pm EST and will be aired on ESPN. Let?s get to a prediction and pick for this bowl game.

Houston Gets Defensive Stops

The strength of Houston is, without a question, their defense. This team allows just 19.5 points per game, and the times that they?ve lost games are when they?ve failed to shut down defenses (or faced a simply better defense). They gave up 38 points to Cincinnati, 31 to Tulane, 33 to BYU and 27 to UTSA. Their one close, low scoring loss was against the UCF Knights, who are an incredibly strong defensive team. The Cougars didn?t have many wins that jump off the page at you, but were still able to get into a bowl game and are looking to hit the eight win mark to end the season.

Ground Attack Is Key for Pittsburgh

Now for those Panthers, who are led by a ridiculously strong rushing attack. They average 251.3 yards per game, which is 15th best in the nation, and it?s the insanely talented James Conner, who ran for 1,675 yards and a whopping 24 touchdowns this season. They?ll be focused on finding a way to run it, and if they can do this, then they?ll win this game. It?s also worth noting that wide out Tyler Boyd has been the go-to option in the passing game, catching 69 balls, while the next closest player and just 17 receptions this year. After starting the year out 3-0, the Panthers lost six of their next seven, but won their final two games to become bowl eligible.

PICK

The Cougars take advantage with their strong defense and win this game by a field goal or more. I?d recommend taking the Cougars getting three points, but also will take them as a money line underdog as well. It?s a great spot here to get some good odds, and getting a field goal with Houston is just a nice added bonus.

Houston Cougars

Check back closer to game day for any changes to the spread and/or prediction hereand at The Spooky Express.

TAXSLAYER BOWL

IOWA vs TENNESSEE
Friday, Jan 2., 3:20 p.m. ET
ESPN

Rolling right along with the Friday, January 2nd bowl game action, as we see two teams from major conferences who had some tough losses this year. The Iowa Hawkeyes will meet the Tennessee Volunteers here, and kickoff is set for 3:20pm EST on ESPN. Iowa comes in with a 7-5 overall record and a 4-4 Big Ten record. Tennessee on the other side went 6-6 with a 3-5 record against the tough SEC. Let?s look at the pick for this one, and see if we can potentially find yet another underdog money line bet, because I think there?s a good chance!

Iowa Ready for Bowl Chance

The Hawkeyes got to seven wins with two games remaining, and their 7-3 record left them feeling confident, but they dropped back-to-back close games to the Wisconsin Badgers and Nebraska Cornhuskers by a combined five points. They were tough losses to take, but this Iowa team has showed some signs of major potential at time this season. Running back Mark Weisman should be an interesting player to watch, as he?s rushed for 802 yards, but also has 14 touchdowns on the year. Iowa has actually done incredibly well defensively, giving up only 24 points per game, which should bode well against this Volunteers? team.

Tennessee Needs to Score to Compete

Tennessee is 74th in the nation in points per game at just 27.6, but their defense allows just 23.9 points per game. The Vols lost five of six during a midseason stretch, which really hurt them, but they finished the year out by winning three of four games in order to become bowl eligible. They looked good during a stretch that included wins against South Carolina and Kentucky, but they?ll badly need to get their offense going against this Hawkeyes? defense.

PICK

I love the Hawkeyes as another money line underdog here. I think they win this game outright and take it down by a touchdown or so. They?re a very talented team, and will be motivated heading into this one. Simply put, they are better than the Volunteers, and I believe that it shows. Take Iowa straight, or if you?re worried about the money line bet, then take them +3.5. The run game could be key for Iowa, and I just don?t think that the Volunteers are going to be able to get enough going offensive in order to knock off the Hawkeyes.

Iowa Hawkeyes

Check back closer to game day for any changes to the spread and/or prediction hereand at The Spooky Express.

VALERO ALAMO BOWL

KANSAS STATE vs UCLA
Friday, Jan. 2, 6:45 p.m. ET
ESPN

In what should be one of the best games of January 2nd and beyond, two top-15 teams in the country in the Kansas State Wildcats and UCLA Bruins will square off. It?s the Valero Alamo Bowl, and it kicks off at 6:45pm EST and will be aired on ESPN. The Wildcats come into this game with a 9-3 record, while going 7-2 in Big 12 play, while UCLA is 9-3 as well, with a 6-3 Pac-12 record. This game has all of the makings of a great one, and the Wildcats come in as the 11th-ranked team, while UCLA is ranked 14th in the country.

Lockett Leads the Way for Kansas State

The Wildcats can air it out, as they are ranked 20th in the nation in passing yards per game at 283.2. Tack on their offensive ability to score, as they average 35.8 points per game, and you see why this team had such a successful year. Their losses this year came against very strong teams, in Auburn, TCU and Baylor, all of which were in the CFB Playoff talks at times this year. They are led by one of the top wide outs in the country in Tyler Lockett, who hauled in 93 catches for 1,351 yards and nine touchdowns this season. Lockett has been key, and he?ll definitely get plenty of looks during the 2014 Alamo Bowl.

UCLA Lead by QB Hundley

Now for those Bruins and quarterback Brett Hundley. Hundley will be the man to watch, as the NFL prospect has thrown for over 3,000 yard and 21 touchdowns, while also rushing for 548 yards and eight touchdowns on the season. Hundley will be key for the Bruins, but they?ve also gotten a strong year from running back Paul Perkins, who has rushed for 1,378 yards and seven touchdowns. The Bruins? losses haven?t been bad ones either, as they dropped games to Utah, Oregon and Stanford, while beating Arizona, USC, Arizona State, Texas and Memphis this year.

PICK

Kansas State is going to take this one, and I?ll happily take them as a money line underdog in this spot. It?s not going to be an easy game, but K-State is the more well-rounded and better team. I think their offense will get the job done and Lockett will prove to be a matchup disaster for the Bruins when all is said and done. Let?s roll with the Wildcats.

Kansas State Wildcats

TICKET CITY CACTUS BOWL

WASHINGTON vs OKLAHOMA STATE
Friday, Jan. 2, 10:15 p.m. ET
ESPN

Chris Petersen is known for having some major success in bowl games, and he?s hoping it can continue with the Washington Huskies in the 2014 TicketCity Cactus Bowl. The 8-5 Huskies will be up against the Oklahoma State Cowboys, who finished the year at 6-6 overall with a 4-5 Big 12 record. While the Huskies finished up at 4-5 in the Pac-12, they suffer dome tough losses against very talented teams. This game should be a great one to watch, and has a current spread that favors Washington by less than a touchdown at this point. This game will kickoff at 10:15pm EST on Friday, January 2nd, and will be the final game before Saturday?s action.

Washington Went Through Some Tough Losses

As previously mentioned, the Huskies had some very tough losses this year, dropping games to Stanford, Oregon, Arizona State, UCLA and Arizona, all teams who are bowl-bound and were ranked at the time that the Huskies faced them. The Huskies have been a strong rushing team, averaging 195.3 yards per game, and they?ve shown the ability to knock off the teams who they are flat out better than this year. They lost some tough ones, but also won the games they needed to in order to earn bowl eligibility.

Oklahoma State Struggles on Defense

Now for those Cowboys, who started the year out with a close 37-31 loss to one of the top teams in the country in Florida State. Confidence was high as the team started the year out 5-1, reeling off five straight after that game, but then things took a major swing downwards. The Cowboys lost five games in a row before beating a tough Oklahoma team in their final game to become bowl eligible. They haven?t been great defensively, which has been their major downfall, as they allow 32 points per game, while scoring only 27.4 per game. Look for them to either figure out their offense, or struggle in this matchup against the Huskies.

PICK

Washington is the bet here, and I think they win this game by right around two touchdowns. Chris Petersen leads his team to a bowl game win in his first year with the Huskies, and does it in impressive fashion. Take the Huskies because I simply don?t believe that the Cowboys? defense will be able to slow down the Huskies, nor will they be able to put up enough points to get the win either.

Washington Huskies

BIRMINGHAM BOWL

EAST CAROLINA vs FLORIDA
Saturday, Jan. 3, 12:00 p.m. ET
ESPN2

Enter the lone game on Saturday, January 3rd, which features two interesting teams in the East Carolina Pirates against the Florida Gators. The Pirates had a very strong year, going 8-4 with a 5-3 conference record, and they lost some heartbreakers, including a last-second hail mary loss to the Central Florida Knights. For the Gators, they?ve decided to fire Will Muschamp, as the team ended the year with a 6-5 record and a 4-4 SEC record. This game will kickoff at 12:00pm EST, and will be aired on ESPN.

East Carolina Dynamic Duo Leads the Way

The Pirates are led by their one-two punch of Shane Carden at quarterback and Justin Hardy at wide out. These two are major game changers, and should be in for a big day here. They average 37.2 points per game, and are 3rd nationally in passing yards per game at 367.3. Carden has been the man to watch, while throwing for 4,309 yards and 28 touchdowns. Hardy on the other hand has caught an impressive 110 passes for 1,334 yards and nine touchdowns on the season. Expect the Pirates to throw it early and often, and do everything they can to try to hit the Gators right in the mouth.

Florida Up / Down All Year

As for Florida, it?s been an up and down year. They started out 2-0, but dropped three of the next four, and then went 3-2 down the home stretch. Their final loss of the season was the toughest of them all, losing to the Florida State Seminoles in a tough one, 24-19. It?s just been one of those years for the Gators, and while they?ve rushed for 189.5 yards per game, they haven?t really blown us away offensively. The real reason why they were able to grab those key wins was thanks to a strong defense, which ave up only 21.2 points per game, which was 24th nationally. It?s going to be a new-look Gators team in 2015, but for now we?re all wondering what to expect in this bowl game.

PICK

This is going to be a close game, and it?ll come down to the home stretch. I think that ECU gets the job done though, and I?ll happily take them getting this many points. Don?t be surprised to see the Pirates grab the win here, but in a worst-case scenario, I?m rolling with the Pirates with all of those points against a Gators? team who is dealing with plenty of their own problems.

East Carolina Pirate

Check back closer to game day for any changes to the spread and/or prediction here and at The Spooky Express.

GODADDY BOWL

TOLEDO vs ARKANSAS STATE
Sunday, Jan 4, 9:00 p.m. ET
ESPN

In our final bowl game before the CFB Playoff Championship, we get a matchup on Sunday, January 4th at 9:00pm EST between the Toledo Rockets and the Arkansas State Red Wolves in the GoDaddy Bowl. The Rockets come into this game with an 8-4 record, while going 7-1 in MAC play, while the Red Wolves went 7-5 this year with a 5-3 Sun Belt record. This has the potential to be a great matchup, and should be a close one down to the finish. Toledo comes in as a small favorite of four points currently, and that line should definitely be on the move as we get closer to game day.

Tolendo Got Hot Near End of Year

The Rockets had a slow start to the season, going 1-2 early and losing to two tough teams in Missouri and Cincinnati. They won five of their next six games though, and finished off the year by winning two in a row as well. The Rockets have had some strong wins, but were just short of finishing with a 10-win session, losing by seven to Iowa State and three to Northern Illinois. This team has a strong offense, as they average 239.8 yards passing per game and 247.3 yards per game rushing, which is 18th best in the nation. They also score the ball very well, averaging 34.4 points per game. Sophomore Kareem Hunt could be the man to watch, as he has rushed for 1,360 yards and 11 touchdowns this season.

Arkansas State Offense Can Score

As for the Red Wolves, their offense is definitely worth talking about as well. They run the ball incredibly well, averaging 229 yards per game, and score an average of 36.1 points per game, which is 22nd in the nation. It?s just a combination of a great two-headed monster in the running game in running back Michael Gordon, who has rushed for 1,064 yards and 13 touchdowns, while quarterback Fredi Knighten has rushed for 775 yards and 11 touchdowns. Knighten has also had a strong year through the air, putting up 2,874 yards and 19 touchdowns. Expect the offensive rushing attack to be all-in during the 2014 GoDaddy Bowl.

PICK

I think this one comes down to a field goal one way or the other. So what?s that mean? It means I?m rolling with the Red Wolves and getting four points in the matchup. It?s a pretty evenly matched game, and Arkansas State could definitely pull the upset when all is said and done. Play it safe though, and take the points.

Arkansas State Red Wolves

Check back closer to game day for any changes to the spread and/or prediction here and at The Spooky Express.
[h=2][/h]

AUTOZONE LIBERTY BOWL

TEXAS A&M vs WEST VIRGINIA
Monday, Dec. 29, 2:00 p.m. ET
ESPN
Update

It?s your call here, if you want to take West Virginia on the money line to play it safe, then do it to it, but I don?t think it will end up mattering. West Virginia is the better team and I think they win this game by double digits when all is said and done. They have a very strong pass game, and a run game that compliments it well. This team will also be able to slow down the Aggies? offense, making them a strong bet. Obviously there is a change in quarterback but the numbers are the numbers. Had some really tough losses this bowl season so going easy and taking the moneyline as recommended earlier.

WEST VIRGINIA MOUNTAINEERS PK (moneyline)

RUSSELL ATHLETIC BOWL

OKLAHOMA vs CLEMSON
Monday, Dec. 29, 5:30 p.m. ET
ESPN

Update

This game is actually sitting right around a pick currently, but has moved both towards the Tigers and away from the Tigers. Regardless, I think Clemson gets the job done. They?ll win this one by a touchdown, and as long as that line stays with Clemson as an underdog, their defense is going to be too much for Oklahoma. I?m rolling with the Stoudt, the improved offense and a ridiculous defensive unit headed up by former Sooner, Brent Venables. I am not sure what I am missing in this game. I have this as a Clemson victory and the line keeps moving the other way. Great for us but still not sold on Clemson. Again with all the tough breaks this bowl season I will be waiting for some stronger plays to pull the trigger.

CLEMSON TIGERS +7

ADVOCARE TEXAS BOWL
ARKANSAS vs TEXAS
Monday, Dec. 29, 9:00 p.m. ET
ESPN

Update

The Razorbacks are less than a touchdown favorite, and I think they win this game by two touchdowns without much of a problem. While we talked about the Longhorns? defense, we can?t overlook the fact that the Razorbacks average 32 points per game and give up just 20.3 points per game. This is a talented SEC team who really caught a few bad breaks, and lost every single one of their games by seven or fewer points, with the lone exception being their opening game. Arkansas gets it done and does it in impressive fashion. One of my favorite plays this entire bowl season. I am all in on this game so lets root them on to make up for some tough beats this bowl season.

Arkansas Razorbacks -5

FRANKLIN AMERICAN MORTGAGE MUSIC CITY BOWL

NOTRE DAME vs LSU
Tuesday, Dec. 30, 3:00 p.m. ET
ESPN

Update

The Tigers come in with questions, but not nearly as many as the Irish have. Not only has the quarterback position been an issue for Notre Dame, but they are dealing with plenty of injuries as well. Simply put, the Tigers? defense is going to cause major issues for Notre Dame, and I think they?ll do more than enough to win this game by double digits. It?s going to be a fun one to watch, but take the Tigers laying the touchdown in a rather high scoring game by the Tigers.

Posted this a while back and nothing has changed. Got LSU way back when and rolling with the Over as listed last week. GL

LSU TIGERS -6

LSU TIGERS / NOTRE DAME OVER 51 POINTS

FOSTER FARMS BOWL

MARYLAND vs STANFORD
Tuesday, Dec. 30, 10:00 p.m.ET
ESPN

Update

The Cardinal comes in as two touchdown favorites, but I just don?t think it?s enough. Stanford is just a far better team, and I have a ton of faith in them, especially coming off of that win against UCLA. This is one of the best bets of the bowl season, and I think they win by multiple touchdowns (more than two obviously). Expect this game to turn into a blowout for Stanford. Absolutely love this game and only reason its not as strong as Arkansas is the fear of some kind of back door laying all these points. Lets roll with the Cardinal big time.

STANFORD CARDINAL -13

CHICK-FIL-A PEACH BOWL

OLE MISS vs TCU
Wednesday, Dec. 31, 12:30 p.m. ET
ESPN

Update

TCU comes into this game as a small favorite, and they?re going to get the job done. I wouldn?t worry too much about the spread and would recommend just taking them on the money line. With that said, if you want to lay the three points, I see them winning by more than three, but it could be a close one. Look for the Horned Frogs to silence any critics and make a statement with this bowl game, with Boykin leading the charge and having one heck of a finish to 2014. Not the strongest play in the sense of numbers but I'm really a fan of TCU and not as much with Ole Miss. I played this early and often on the moneyline and adding the total since I think it will go over the number rather easily. gl

TCU HORNED FROGS PK (moneyline)

TCU HORNED FROGS / MISSISSIPPI OVER 54 POINTS

VIZIO FIESTA BOWL

BOISE STATE vs ARIZONA
Wednesday, Dec. 31, 4:00 p.m. ET
ESPN

Update

The Wildcats come in as four point favorites, but I think the underdog is the bet here. Not only that, but I think that the Broncos get the job done in impressive fashion. This is another game that has me thinking. I like the Pac 12 and I could see Arizona blowing out Boise State but on the other hand the numbers show Boise State as a big play. So lets roll with the numbers and I?d recommend taking this team as the underdog, but also taking them straight up on the money line and giving yourself a shot at getting a nice return on your bet.

BOISE STATE BRONCOS +4

CAPITAL ONE ORANGE BOWL

#7 MISSISSIPPI STATE vs #12 GEORGIA TECH
Wednesday, Dec. 31, 8:00 p.m. ET
ESPN

Update

The Bulldogs are seven-point favorites, but they?ll get the job done. I?m projecting them to win by double-digits, so I wouldn?t lay more than around a touchdown. Mississippi State?s body of work, paired with their incredible defense could make all the difference in the end. Prescott is going to lead the way and make a statement to the country while doing so. Like this game and think we should take advantage of the number coming all the way down. You can get Missisissippi State -3 at GTBets when signing up with Spooky promo code. Cant pass that up.

MISSISSIPPI STATE BULLDOGS -3 (buy pt at GTBets and Spooky)

OUTBACK BOWL
AUBURN vs WISCONSIN
Thursday, Jan. 1, 12:00 p.m. ET
ESPN2

Update

I actually believe that the wrong side is favored here. The Badgers are undervalued here after that brutal loss to the Buckeyes, and I think they win this game by more than a touchdown and shock both the SEC and the Auburn Tigers. It?s a major upset, but taking the Badgers on the money line can pay off nicely, but either way, stick with the Badgers and the points in a worst case. As stated on other reviews I do want to see how the Big Ten does in some of these bowl games but this looks like one of those games where everyone zigs and Spooky zags. As it turned out the way it looked is the way it played out. SEC no big deal, Big Ten for real. Rolling with Wisconsin especially since they are giving us so many points. Even worth a shot on the moneyline.

WISCONSIN BADGERS +8

GOODYEAR COTTON BOWL
MICHIGAN STATE vs BAYLOR
Thursday, Jan. 1, 12:30 p.m. ET
ESPN

Update

Let?s not overlook the Spartans here, because this is an incredibly talented team. In fact, the Bears are getting the love here because of their strong year, which is rightfully earned, but I think the Spartans get the job done and win this game by close to a touchdown. Without crunching numbers I would think that this is all about Baylor but the numbers say otherwise. And who am I too argue. This is another great spot for a money line underdog, but I?ll take Michigan State and the points. I do want to see how the Big Ten is doing leading up to this game but its a go. As mentioned with the other posts the numbers aligned and showed the Big Ten is solid and the SEC is not all that. So rolling with Michigan State and really like this game. I going big on this and interested to see how it plays out.

MICHIGAN STATE SPARTANS +3

BUFFALO WILD WINGS CITRUS BOWL
MISSOURI vs MINNESOTA
Thursday, Jan. 1, 1:00 p.m. ET
ABC

Update

What a brutal game to call. These two sides seem to be pretty evenly matched, and while I wouldn?t be surprised to see either team walk away with the win, I think it?s going to really come down to the wire. Since I think this one ends up being a close game, I?m going to take the Golden Gophers to cover the spread in a game that could end up coming down to a late field goal from Missouri, or possibly a late field goal from Minnesota. Great game to watch, let?s roll with the Gophers! And once again lets see how the Big Ten does in these bowl games so definitely check back closer to game time for a final decision. The only time I really had an issue is when one team is picked to win and another to cover the points with the bowl system. Had some ups and downs but the strongest plays have worked out this bowl season. Back to this game, I am going with what I believe is the team that will win the game. Head likes it a lot, numbers not so much. So going to buy down a little.

MISSOURI TIGERS -3

ROSE BOWL
#2 OREGON vs #3 FLORIDA STATE
Thursday, Jan. 1, 5:00 p.m. ET
ESPN

Update

Let?s start by saying that you can?t say enough about a team finishing back-to-back seasons undefeated. This doesn?t mean that they are the best team on the field, though. I think Oregon wins this game without a question, and while I don?t love laying the big number, I?d prefer to tease it down or buy points to get this to a touchdown or an even number. Take the odds and make the bet, but I expect to see the Ducks get the job done and move to the first ever CFB Playoff Championship Game. Come back closer to gametime since we may have an opinion on the total. Personally this has been the quietest bowl season for me with totals. Usually they either are great or horrible. They are only opinions and tonight I kind of like the Over as well but very small opinion. Back to the game, such a good game and tough game to call. Sticking with Oregon if only because I am a Pac 12 fan (FIGHT ON) and we have some futures on Oregon to win the National Championship. Thats enough of a reason.

OREGON DUCKS -7

ALLSTATE SUGAR BOWL
#1 ALABAMA vs #4 OHIO STATE
Thursday, Jan. 1, 8:30 p.m. ET
ESPN

Update

Ohio State keeps this game close. They are well-coached, are loaded with talent, and simply aren?t getting enough love in this game. I think that Ohio State shows up big, and actually slows down the Alabama offense. While the Bama defense will be a tough test for the Buckeyes, they?ll utilize that talented run game and control the clock. I think Alabama could win this game, but it won?t be by 10+ points. What even surprised me is how strong this selection was and how much the system leaned on the Big Ten. And it wasnt wrong. The line has been coming down but we took this weeks ago at plus 10 and honestly Im adding to it now. Not sure if the moneyline dog will come into play but why not start the new year off with a bang. Down goes the SEC.

OHIO STATE BUCKEYES +10

LOCKHEED MARTIN ARMED FORCES BOWL

HOUSTON vs PITTSBURGH
Friday, Jan. 2, 12:00 p.m. ET
ESPN

Update

The Cougars take advantage with their strong defense and win this game by a field goal or more. I?d recommend taking the Cougars getting three points, but also will take them as a money line underdog as well. It?s a great spot here to get some good odds, and getting a field goal with Houston is just a nice added bonus. Not sure how it can get any better than New Years Day but here is another moneyline underdog and we are rolling with the Cougars.

HOUSTON COUGARS +5

TAXSLAYER BOWL

IOWA vs TENNESSEE
Friday, Jan 2., 3:20 p.m. ET
ESPN

Update

I love the Hawkeyes as another money line underdog here. I think they win this game outright and take it down by a touchdown or so. They’re a very talented team, and will be motivated heading into this one. Simply put, they are better than the Volunteers, and I believe that it shows. Take Iowa straight, or if you’re worried about the money line bet, then take them +3.5. The run game could be key for Iowa, and I just don’t think that the Volunteers are going to be able to get enough going offensive in order to knock off the Hawkeyes. Not sure how and why the line kept moving in the other direction but that happened with Clemson and Wisconsin to name a couple. So lets do it again, another moneyline dog and if you are like me and played any small round robins with these moneyline dogs this game is worth a ton. Roll Hawkeyes in a low scoring game.

IOWA HAWKEYES +5

IOWA HAWKEYES / TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS UNDER 53 POINTS

VALERO ALAMO BOWL

KANSAS STATE vs UCLA
Friday, Jan. 2, 6:45 p.m. ET
ESPN

Update

Kansas State is going to take this one, and I?ll happily take them as a money line underdog in this spot. It?s not going to be an easy game, but K-State is the more well-rounded and better team. I think their offense will get the job done and Lockett will prove to be a matchup disaster for the Bruins when all is said and done. Let?s roll with the Wildcats. No idea why the line is going in our favor and no idea why UCLA is now favored. We took KSU at pickem early and now have put them in our final leg of our round robin moneyline parlay. At this point if things work in our favor today we could have a 7 or 8 team moneyline parlay cashing 56 times in our round robin. So needless to say it could be like the lottery. It may even come down to playing UCLA and hedging some, but lets roll with the Wildcats since not everyone played the dogs as I posted weeks ago in a parlay.

KANSAS STATE WILDCATS +3