Sports Illustrated Picks Calgary Flames as NHL's Best

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
allheadlinenews.com

September 29, 2005 8:01 a.m. EST

Christina Ficara - All Headline News Staff Reporter

Calgary, Canada (AHN) - Sports Illustrated magazine names The Calgary Flames as this season's top-ranked NHL team.

According to Illustrated's Michael Farber, factors that boost the Flames' chances of reaching the Stanley Cup include, signing star right winger Jarome Iginla to a long-term deal; picking up his new linemates Daymond Langkow and Tony Amonte; bringing in defenseman Roman Hamrlik to boost the power play.

The Calgary Flames made it to the Stanley Cup finals in 2003-2004 season, but lost game seven to Tampa Bay by one goal.

General-
I saw that this morning. I know they have to do it (SI), but writing an NHL preview for any publication has to be a crapshoot this season. Actually, most publications never get them right, so I guess it doesn't matter.

For Stanley Cup futures in 05-06, to me it's like betting on the WSOP. Anyone (almost) can win. If someone has a good gut hunch, there's some $$$ to be made with some of those future odds.

RR

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
I am going to try and treat hockey as a brand new sport this season. I was just really getting into the fun when they held out.

jam

EOG Veteran
There WOULD be good money to make in futures if books didn't have a disgusting hold percentage. Best to play the sports trading markets.