Spreadbeater's First Regular Season Play......

Plays will range from 1-3 units. I am not interested in trying to attract attention by making 10, 25, or 50 unit plays. I will keep it simple and go with 1, 2, and 3 unit plays. Many of you know this, but for those that do not....I am a die hard Heat fan. I will seldom play a game in which they are involved, however I will most likely have 5-7 of them a season. Those will all be 3 unit plays. I think I bet on about 6 or 7 Heat games last season, having great success, only 1 loss. I will not be a "homer" when it comes to these plays, as in fact my biggest play of last season came going against my Heat, taking the Rockets. That was a winner. I will play many dogs and some totals. Will seldom lay more than 3 with a favorite. I will also play many underdog moneylines. I will never guarantee anything, however I do think that I will provide a winning season to whomever follows. With all that being said, here is my first play of the regular season:

Bucks +7.5 1 Unit

I like the Bucks in this underdog spot for opening night. They should be one of the most improved teams this season. They drafted Bogut, signed Simmons, traded for Magloire, and get TJ Ford back from injury. Philly is already very thin, as their bench is very lackluster. For this game, they will be without Dalembert. Korver is questionable. A thin team gets thinner. The Bucks will keep this one close, and I would not be surprised at all if they shock the Sixers and get the outright win.

<!-- / message -->

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
I agree with Bucks possibly being improved. And the points look good. Just a traditionally better home squad. Can't get a good read on this team without seeing them play, as they have significant roster changes. 76ers are a overated bunch minimum. Ball hog AI still can't play with CWebb. Bench has vanished, and starters are suspect. Do not endorse downward move on total. All five starters played zero minutes together preseason. I do not like their individual defense, team defense or transition defense. I think you are on good dog, but I will pass and watch, hopefully glean some better info. Hope you cash, thanks for the writeup.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

OMNIVOROUS FROG said:
I agree with Bucks possibly being improved. And the points look good. Just a traditionally better home squad. Can't get a good read on this team without seeing them play, as they have significant roster changes. 76ers are a overated bunch minimum. Ball hog AI still can't play with CWebb. Bench has vanished, and starters are suspect. Do not endorse downward move on total. All five starters played zero minutes together preseason. I do not like their individual defense, team defense or transition defense. I think you are on good dog, but I will pass and watch, hopefully glean some better info. Hope you cash, thanks for the writeup.

Yes, the Bucks do play better at home. However, they have played well in Philly over the last few seasons. Only once in their last 5 meetins have the Bucks not covered this number. They have won outright twice. I see Philly as overated, with only Iverson and a declining C Webb. Dalembert out. Korver a question mark. These two teams are headed in opposite directions in my opinion and I will take the dog here. Just a one unit play for me, as I will keep things low to start off. So many question marks to start the season, I will not play anything too strong.

FROG, my one time associate, good luck to you this season. I am still around at the same place if you ever have any time to chat between your "fishing, capping, and fucking".

SB

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Nice call as far as line movement. Bucks do not draw action often. And the roster is a giant question mark, especially defense. But 76ers just look like mutts coming out. There were 4 sides tonight to take early, your Bucks, Nuggets, Mavs and Kings.

Best Wishes...oF :+waving-5

If it makes 5 I will count it as a whiff for myself.

OMNIVOROUS FROG said:
Nice call as far as line movement. Bucks do not draw action often. And the roster is a giant question mark, especially defense. But 76ers just look like mutts coming out. There were 4 sides tonight to take early, your Bucks, Nuggets, Mavs and Kings.

Best Wishes...oF :+waving-5

If it makes 5 I will count it as a whiff for myself.

I dont love the fact that Joe Smith will not play, as it puts some added pressure on Bogut, who will now start. But, I still do like the play at the +7.5 that I have it at. I still see a chance that the Bucks win this one outright. FROG, take a look at the Spurs under for tonight also. I am considering playing that one, but may pass. Any thoughts?

SB

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
I figured this 76er under was a fake. Big move back up to 200 1/2. Not too sure what kind of offense or defense in Spurs...Just going with dog, pass on total. Only total un 219 1/2. Suns. 212 now.

Looks like Spurs un a fake also, now back up to 190.

OMNIVOROUS FROG said:
I figured this 76er under was a fake. Big move back up to 200 1/2. Not too sure what kind of offense or defense in Spurs...Just going with dog, pass on total. Only total un 219 1/2. Suns. 212 now.

FROG, although I did not post it, I did beat you on Suns total. Under 221 from SOS. I am staying away from Spurs total also, however, I do think that one goes under. Good luck tonight.

SB

OMNIVOROUS FROG said:
Maybe I will sign up for SOS now that they are combined with Carib. Would you beat me then?

Nope, I have been telling you for a long while to get with them. Just be smart about it and you will stick there. You know what I mean. Good luck tonight FROG. Lets both cash our respective doggies.

SB

Hah... Just change the background to yellow and orange and we have Deja Vus all over again with Spreadbeater and Frog in the same thread just talking about NBA. Keep it up fellas... you guys give the best insights to certain games by far.

Not a bad start to the season when you have a 7.5 point underdog win outright by 9 points. I have one sure play for tomorrow and am looking over the rest of the card. I will post tomorrow's plays by the early afternoon. Hope some others cashed this one!

SB