St. Pierre cheated in BJ Penn Fight

Re: St. Pierre cheated in BJ Penn Fight

A little grease would not have made a difference. This was a complete domination. GSP is probably the most dominant fighter in MMA today. That won't change until Brock whoops Frank's ass. Then pound for pound will be close between GSP and Lesnar.

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

What a loser. Make excuses now that you got your ass handed to you.

shdw01

EOG Dedicated

is there any chance they re-grade this a NC and I get my money back?

LOL

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

I don't think BJP landed a kick or punch all fight. He was smaller, less athletic and had no business in that ring.

I don't think BJP landed a kick or punch all fight. He was smaller, less athletic and had no business in that ring.
He's a great fighter. Hard to fight 12 pounds above his normal weight. Especially vs a guy made outta granite like GSP

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

He's a great fighter. Hard to fight 12 pounds above his normal weight. Especially vs a guy made outta granite like GSP

He was not a great fighter Saturday night. If someone just turned on the MMA for the first time this weekend they would think BJP was a terrible opponent for GSP.

DefenseWins

EOG Veteran

I agree with most others. While it may be shady the Vaseline had very little effect on the match. If Penn had at least made it more of a fight and less of a demolishing maybe he would have an argument.

shdw01

EOG Dedicated

if you wanna talk excuses....i've already heard the bjp side is spreading the "he had a flu" rumors

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

A little grease would not have made a difference. This was a complete domination. GSP is probably the most dominant fighter in MMA today. That won't change until Brock whoops Frank's ass. Then pound for pound will be close between GSP and Lesnar.

I don't know if you've watch any MMA before the last 3 months but Lesnar is not a top PFP fighter - not even remotely close - and Fedor would beat him pretty easily - and GSP is not better than Silva - though that is close - GSP is pretty much unbeatable at 170 - Silva is unbeatable at 185 - and Fedor is unbeatable at HW

inBaldweTrust

EOG Addicted

if you wanna talk excuses....i've already heard the bjp side is spreading the "he had a flu" rumors

If you mean "Was doing Coke the week leading up to the fight" then yes he had the flu.

Penn's a joke

He was not a great fighter Saturday night. If someone just turned on the MMA for the first time this weekend they would think BJP was a terrible opponent for GSP.

How many guys recently, can u say actually looked good vs GSP tho?

PassTheRock

EOG Master

It was a TKO due to doctor stoppage. Did someone from GSPs corner throw the vasoline jar into the cage, and hit BJ in the head?

Kidding aside...I'm pretty sure it would make it about 10 times harder for a person to grapple and to hold on to their opponent if there is vaseline all over him.

The corner guy who did this will be banned for life.

I don't know if you've watch any MMA before the last 3 months but Lesnar is not a top PFP fighter - not even remotely close - and Fedor would beat him pretty easily - and GSP is not better than Silva - though that is close - GSP is pretty much unbeatable at 170 - Silva is unbeatable at 185 - and Fedor is unbeatable at HW

We'll agree to disagree. I don't think Fedor would want any of Brock. Everyone is still on the "pro wrestler" kick about Brock and fail to see that when he dominates Mir this time out, that no one, not Carwin not Gabriel Gonzalas none of the heavyweights will be close to Brock. No one. Silva is probably #2 though I'll give you that. Brock third or 4th.

PassTheRock

EOG Master

I agree with everything you just said. :thumbsup

Fedor would kill Brock.

felonee

EOG Veteran

Dana white isn't going to do shit to GSP.....Saw an interview.....