Stanley Cup

Heim

EOG Master
Has there ever been a professional team (Avs) that's had 11 days rest going into a Final?

kane

EOG master
I'm on Tampa in game 1 based off all that rest, in their series against the Rangers Tampa had a lot of off days, 9 I think, and they came out flat in game 1, it was probably their worst game of the playoffs, the Avs have been off for too long, I'm betting they come out rusty

All the pundits talking about "ice rust" is really cracking me up. The Avs have outshot their opponents in the 1st period every single game, safe to assume they'll do it again tonight.

kane

EOG master
All the pundits talking about "ice rust" is really cracking me up. The Avs have outshot their opponents in the 1st period every single game, safe to assume they'll do it again tonight.
Like I posted, Tampa had their worst game of the playoffs in game 1 vs the Rangers and they had something like 9 days off, maybe it was just a coincidence, but athletes are creatures of habit and having this much time off between series isn't normal

Like I posted, Tampa had their worst game of the playoffs in game 1 vs the Rangers and they had something like 9 days off, maybe it was just a coincidence, but athletes are creatures of habit and having this much time off between series isn't normal
Avs already had to wait more than a week after sweeping Nashville. They came out and outshot the Blues 54-25 and if it wasn't for Binnington playing on his head that game could have easily been 7-2 or 8-2

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I took Tampa +135 here.

ANYONE who likes Tampa to win the series......DO NOT take +150ish. Take Vasilevsky to be Conn Smythe +400ish. 0% chance Tampa wins unless AV is the best player for Tampa. I don't see how Tampa wins unless AV stands on his head so get the extra $2+ and take AV to be CS

Heim

EOG Master
Everyone mentioned the Warriors Finals experience over Celtics, but no mention of Tampa's over
AVS which is almost identical in games with NBA series.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Everyone mentioned the Warriors Finals experience over Celtics, but no mention of Tampa's over
I like TB but they have to keep the score down. Colorado has dominated 1P’s.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I thought KANE referenced Tampa's extensive playoff experience.

Searching for his post now.

The reason you're not hearing anything is because the talent level is so lopsided. As of now the Avs have the best record in the playoffs EVER. I mean even if Vasilevskiy plays like the best goalie in the league it still just gives them chance to win. Game 1 he saw more shots than he had all of the playoffs.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Market no confidence in B2B champs. AVS in 4 or 5 cheaper than AVS in 6 or 7.

The exact series # Games are easily derived from approximate projections of 50% (current Gm 3 WH line -110 each side) Avs win odds for games in TB, and 60% Avs win odds in Col.

Avs in 4 = WW = 0.5 * 0.54 = 27% (using Gm4 to close out around 54%); Will Hill = +280
Avs in 5 = WLW + LWW =6/20 = 30%; WH =+180
Avs in 6 = LLWW + LWLW + WLLW = 7/40 = 17.5%; WH = +480
Avs in 7 = LLLWW+ LWLLW + WLLLW + LLWLW = 27/200 = 13.5%; WH =+640

Clearly, in 4 or 5 more probable than 6 or 7.

Last edited:

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
TB coach Jon Cooper, when asked post game about his decision not to pull his goalie after falling behind badly after 2 periods.

“this is the playoffs and we’re here to win hockey games. Vasilevsky gives us the best chance to win the hockey game
and he’s our guy and he’s gonna be there in a couple nights.

No, he’s the best goalie in the world and we win together and lose together and even if I did, I don’t think he would’ve come out.
That’s what a competitor he is and that’s why he’s the best.”

My read from this answer is that his coaching policy is to shut up and let the players play and stay out of their way.
We’ll see if this particular style can right the ship back in Tampa. I wouldn’t be holding my breath.

Heim

EOG Master
I know TB was also down 2-0 to NYR...

Comparable?

A JK 'I don't think so' seems appropriate about now.

Heim

EOG Master
At 4-2 with two thirds of the 2nd remaining the live total hit ’9'.

Can't believe it didn't get there.

Bushay

NHL Expert
Brand new series now. Lighting win tomorrow and all that hype were for nothing. They each just held serve.

TB feeling good about themselves again.

Congrats to anyone who jumped on the Lightning down 0-2.

Possible huge payday just ahead.

Avs plan was going good till someone punched them in the mouth last night.

As Mike Tyson once said.

Experience and coaching come will come into play much more now with each remaining game that's left.

Something the Lightning has a huge edge.

Avs have been knocked out of the last 3 playoffs by inferior teams.

Last night's loss was the 1st time these playoffs some doubt crept back into their psyche.

St Louis 2 wins in round 2 were both on Avs' home ice so they know they are not invincible there.

If their not thinking Lightning twice the team the Blues are they ought to be.

Heim

EOG Master
Up one going into the 3rd and TB live -350!?

+270 was tempting but too much on AVS already