StatFox EDGE Football annual

Slight Favorite

EOG Addicted
Anybody picked one of these up before? Relatively new publication, only been out for a couple years now. I already got the Blue Ribbon yearbook but, for only $8 figured it might be worth a look.

Hi Slight,

Welcome to EOG....

I haven't had the pleasure to get a look at that publication but no doubt someone around here has. I'm sure you'll get some feedback soon.

Glaken

I wasn't impressed...decent stats but very poorly put together magazine overall. There is nothing there you can't get from reading their normal weekly stats IMO.

I didn't buy it...I thumbed through it while at Barnes and Noble the other day.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Having never seen one, would be nice to peruse. But if Clip is on, like normally he is, would have to think weekly is the way to go. I love my statfox, but it is just a small piece of the gigantic pie. Hard to beat Blue Ribbon for detailed information, but statfox has those nice situational trends. I think they are apples and oranges, but I would endorse both.

Best Wishes...oF:)

OMNIVOROUS FROG said:
Having never seen one, would be nice to peruse. But if Clip is on, like normally he is, would have to think weekly is the way to go. I love my statfox, but it is just a small piece of the gigantic pie. Hard to beat Blue Ribbon for detailed information, but statfox has those nice situational trends. I think they are apples and oranges, but I would endorse both.

Best Wishes...oF:)

I am a big Statfox fan too OF and use them a lot during the season. The mag had some decent stats, but it was nothing special.

The way it was put together was really trashy too. Some pages were bigger than others, some stuck out further...it looked like it was put together by a kindergarden student.

You wouldn't gain any advantage by purchasing the mag. You can get everything each week in their matchups.

cheers

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Yes Clip, thanks for the 411. Would have stumbled into that respecting the website. I am a firm believer of their site, but will pass on the new adventures into rags. Good to see you here, that is how a forum is supposed to work.

Best Wishes...OFcheers

bilbal

EOG Enthusiast
it's an average publication, nothing special if you have a statfox subscription as the stats in the book will be in the sheets. It kinda looks like Steele's college football preview.

I guess the mag lost credibility with me on the article about the outplay factor when they didn't even get the math right. For NE they show a Off PPG of 27.7 and then in the formula down below they use 27.1 instead. I can't believe they didn't catch that.