Steve Alford

Heim

EOG Master
If they terminate him after April 30 the buyout is 3.6 million compared to 6.2 before. He couldn't even collect a $25000 bonus for making field of 32.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Re: Steve Alford

If they terminate him after April 30 the buyout is 3.6 million compared to 6.2 before. He couldn't even collect a $25000 bonus for making field of 32.

I wonder if they will do it knowing how much they had to give Mora to get lost. It would be worth it but wonder if they will

kane

EOG master
Re: Steve Alford

How long before Lavar says UCLA would have won it all if his kid was still there

Every UCLA blog I have read today (and all the comments) says he is doing a terrible job and they are going to lose today by double digits lol.

I just don't think this guy forgot how to coach. He has not has his kid for 2 years now, so I got to believe he should get back to being a good coach.

It definitely is tough with all 5 star guys (the managing egos aspect). Ben Howland lost control towards the end of his tenure and I sometimes wonder how good of a job Alford does.
I think his assistants (Broussard and Edney) probably do a good job.

Heim

EOG Master
Yesterday showed how good some of these mid-major coaches are. Byrd dominated Alford & his athletes. Bruins burned by same backdoor play Belmont has been running for years when they need a bucket late.

railbird

EOG Master
I just don't think this guy forgot how to coach. He has not has his kid for 2 years now, so I got to believe he should get back to being a good coach.

It definitely is tough with all 5 star guys (the managing egos aspect). Ben Howland lost control towards the end of his tenure and I sometimes wonder how good of a job Alford does.
I think his assistants (Broussard and Edney) probably do a good job.

he has an uppity attitude, has no relationships with any socal aau coaches, his assistants do the recruiting.