Strength of schedule matters Dabo Swinney . . .

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
. . . Final Sagarin strength of schedule ratings:

LSU: 79.17 (3)

Clemson: 72.07 (47)

I'm happy to see this whiner's team get its' rear kicked metaphorically, but at least he was gracious in the post game news conference.

Also (from Sagarin):

SEC - West: Central Mean 82.78 (1) Simple Average 82.63 (1)

ACC - Atlantic: Central Mean 71.95 (9) Simple Average 73.66 (9)

Both teams are members of their respective divisions, only playing two cross over games each, out of eight conference games.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Next year Clemson plays at ND, but the year after is So Car and 3 jokes for nonconference. The SOS was the reason I liked LSU.

kane

EOG master
Since Clemson plays in the ACC their schedule is typically weak, but that hasn't prevented them from winning playoff games and championships in the past. Their weak SOS last year didn't stop them from beating Alabama by 30 in the championship game, and I don't think it had any effect on them losing this year, LSU was just better

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
Ohio State would have been a better opponent. I'm sure of that.

From Sagarin:

Ohio State: Strength of Schedule -- 77.85 (6)

Big Ten East: Central Mean (3) 79.40 Simple Average (3) 79.23

Big Ten teams play nine conference games, three of which are crossovers.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Since Clemson plays in the ACC their schedule is typically weak, but that hasn't prevented them from winning playoff games and championships in the past. Their weak SOS last year didn't stop them from beating Alabama by 30 in the championship game, and I don't think it had any effect on them losing this year, LSU was just better
I think the conference was a notch or two lower as a whole this season compared to past seasons, but it was LSU's year.

blueline

EOG Master
OK State coach said LSU had 8 NFL caliber players on offense.Clemson was able to pin and confuse them early.LSU was able to adjust and that was that.

kane

EOG master
Clemson is the chalk to win it all next year, as long as Lawrence stays healthy it's hard to see a scenario where they don't make the playoffs again