Suggestion

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
Move the books ad banner from the right side of screen to the top of page.
Reasons; Most of the smilies are being covered up by them and more importantly the reading portion of the forum looks strange because of the way it loads 3/4 page or whatever.

X

xpanda

Whodatman said:
Move the books ad banner from the right side of screen to the top of page.
Reasons; Most of the smilies are being covered up by them and more importantly the reading portion of the forum looks strange because of the way it loads 3/4 page or whatever.

Any way you can take a screen shot of what you see and email it to me? (tanya@eog.com) On my screen, the 'reply' page is too wide so it's pushing the banners out to the right a little but they're not covered up. Also, what is your screen's resolution set at? This layout seems to work best on a 1024x780 ...

Thanks.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
xpanda said:
Any way you can take a screen shot of what you see and email it to me? (tanya@eog.com) On my screen, the 'reply' page is too wide so it's pushing the banners out to the right a little but they're not covered up. Also, what is your screen's resolution set at? This layout seems to work best on a 1024x780 ...

Thanks.

Sorry xpanda,
I don't know how to do a screen shot and I don'teven know what my screen resolution is. It's probably not the #'s that you have above. This puter is over 5 years old with Windows98se and I'm scared to breathe too hard on it for fear of a problem. I do know that it was fine until the banners appeared on the right side.

X

xpanda

You're likely set to an 800x600 display, but the forum should 'push' the ads out to the right and out of your view, not hide behind them.

Try this:

Go to Start>Control Panel>Display. When the display window pops up, click on the tab 'settings' ... you should see then what resolution your screen is set to. If you can change it to 1024x780, try that. If not, you might be needing a Windows upgrade.

I will speak with the web techs today to see if we can name the problem.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
Ok--I found it- (800*600) is what it shows. However, I'm not going to change it because then other web pages may not appear correctly--particularily a handicapping program--that I use.

X

xpanda

The ads, though, should be appearing out of your screen's view. You should have a scroll bar at the bottom of the window that can take you to that side. It's troublesome that the ads are appearing on top of the forum for you.

I don't understand why that might be happening.